Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > BMW News Articles and Announcements

BMW News Articles and Announcements
Read the latest BMW headlines and discuss them with your fellow bimmer enthusiasts!

Old 03-22-2010, 07:57 AM   #1
Next gen 3 Series to get GT version ... No more M3 sedan...

pix335i
Enthusiast

Show Printable Version Email this Page

Advertisement
posted by pix335i

The news on the latest 3 series coming in 2012/2013 keeps coming fast and furious. The latest rumblings come from Automobile and has some interesting notes including the 3 series getting a forth body style (grand turismo version) and breaking some news that the M3 will be back to coupe/convertible only.

Quote:
For the first time, there will be five different 3-series bodystyles. The four-door sedan, which will appear March 2012, touring wagon (Sep 2012), coupe (Sep 2013), and convertible (Mar 2014) will all follow the familiar 3-series formula. The newcomer to the family is the hatchback Grand Turismo version, set to appear in March 2013. The GT3 is much more lifestyle-oriented and sportier than the GT5. It has a deep and wide tailgate, but it is a single-piece unit rather than the heavy and complex two-piece hatch of the GT5, and there is more of a notchback silhouette to the rear end. In terms of height, the GT3 sits midway between the 3-series sedan and the GT5.
Quote:
The next-generation M3 will only come in coupe and convertible versions. In both cases, the 420-hp V-8 will be replaced by a 3.0-liter twin-turbo straight six good for around 450 hp.
It should be an interesting lead up to the release of official information from BMW but it sure seems like they are setting the stage for some big changes. Not sure how great that is going to be but we'll see in the coming months.

What do you think about the news leaking out so far????

Source: http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...ies/index.html
This article has been viewed 2270 times.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:57 AM

Mein Auto: 1995 M3
I just read an article about that...

I don't like the killing of the M3 Sedan...... Here is the article I read

http://www.egmcartech.com/2010/03/22...be-killed-off/
Old 03-29-2010, 02:35 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 E91 328xiT
What I am waiting to hear about are the engines they'll be dropping into the 3 series GT. Time to trade in my 228xi Touring for something with a bit more muscle (and space)?

Please visit

www.bobswims.com

A series of marathon swims to raise money for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
Old 04-01-2010, 08:21 PM
tappa tappa toit

Mein Auto: hoopty
Yuck!!!!