Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > BMW News Articles and Announcements

BMW News Articles and Announcements
Read the latest BMW headlines and discuss them with your fellow bimmer enthusiasts!

Old 04-15-2010, 06:29 PM   #1
BMW Beats Audi as World's Top Premium Brand

pointandgo
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Show Printable Version Email this Page

Advertisement
posted by pointandgo

BMW fends off Audi to remain worlds top premium brand after 1Q
By Douglas A. Bolduc, Crain News Service

MUNICH (April 13, 2010) BMW outsold German rival Audi in the first quarter to hang on to its ranking as the worlds top-selling premium brand.

Audi, a luxury unit of Volkswagen A.G., was aided by a 35 percent advance in U.S. sales as it overtook Mercedes-Benz, a division of Daimler A.G., to finish second, just 1,709 units behind BMW A.G.

Global sales for the BMW brand increased 14 percent to 265,809 in the quarter, compared with 264,100 for Audi. BMW was helped by strong demand for the recently launched X1 small crossover and a 54 percent increase in sales for the 7-series sedan. Its U.S. sales rose 8 percent in a market that advanced 16 percent.

We are back on our growth track in nearly all the automobile markets, BMW sales boss Ian Robertson said in a statement. We intend to continue improving on last years figures throughout the second quarter.

Mr. Robertson is counting on the new 5-series sedan and revised versions of the 3-series coupe and convertible to lead the way. The 5 series was launched last month in Europe and goes on sales in the U.S. in June. The 5 series accounts for just over half of BMWs profits.
This article has been viewed 2383 times.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:48 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 E93
The 5 series was launched last month in Europe and goes on sales in the U.S. in June. The 5 series accounts for just over half of BMWs profits.

That surprised me.

Don't Tase me bro.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:18 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: x5 4.4i
If Audi's customer service has anything to do with this, BMW has NOTHING to worry about...
Old 04-16-2010, 03:27 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: '13 F10 535i (loaner)
Audi Sales and Service

Although I test drove an S4 before getting my 335i, the local Audi dealer staff was a sorry lot, akin to used car dealer staff. Audi dropped their free maintenance and it was clear that in-warranty service was going to be expensive (oil changes, brake pads etc.). I kept asking them about it vs. BMW (as my E46 M3 was parked outside), but they had no good come-back. I asked for a better deal on the S4 and all they did was extend the finance period as if I were some kind of naive jerk. I left pissed off at the treatment and they literally followed me out to the parking lot begging me to return. Not.