Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > BMW News Articles and Announcements

BMW News Articles and Announcements
Read the latest BMW headlines and discuss them with your fellow bimmer enthusiasts!

Old 04-21-2010, 07:31 PM   #1
An American version of TopGear: itís official!

tim330i
Administrator

Show Printable Version Email this Page

Advertisement
posted by tim330i

Yes, itís true. The History channel and BBC Worldwide announced today that work has begun on an American version of TopGear, with US presenters fronting the new show.

The first series of ten episodes will air on History next fall (an American-only season not dissimilar to Ďautumní, we believe), though exact dates are yet to be finalised. It will be hosted by Tanner Foust, Adam Ferrara and Rutledge Wood.

Tanner Foustís name should be familiar to TopGear faithful. Heís a renowned stunt driver (The Bourne Ultimatum, no less) and X-Games rally gold medallist whoís also done the business at Pikes Peak and in international ice racing championships. Not only that, he beat Jenson Button around Wembley Stadium during 2008ís Race of Champions. Rumours he learned everything he knows from Captain Slow remain unconfirmed.

Adam Ferrara (very difficult not to type ĎFerrarií there, force of habit) is a renowned petrolhead who ranks the Pagani Zonda F Roadster as his top car. Only, we may assume, because the Hyundai i10 1.2 hasnít made it to US shores yet. Heís also a stand-up comedian and stars in firefighting drama series Rescue Me.

Rutledge Wood is a race analyst best known for reporting on NASCAR. Think Martin Brundle with a beard, but with no need for the words Ďright turní in his lexicon. Weíre impressed that he owns a 1953 Plymouth Suburban, and even more impressed that it was given to him by The King himself, Richard Petty. Thatís a good friend to have.

It hasnít been decided yet if the show will air in the UK, but weíll keep bringing you the details as soon as we can. Watch this space.

Source - http://transmission.blogs.topgear.co...ear-usa-alive/
This article has been viewed 2133 times.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:57 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2002 530i
I followed the link to the in the original post on the Top Gear blog. Do not waste your time.

If "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery," the Americans are praising Top Gear. As they should. It's a great show.

In contrast, all I see is a whole lot of Brits bashing Americans--wrapped in the guise of criticizing a not-yet-aired car show.

It's pretty funny when Jeremy says things like, "It's as though you are towing a horse trailer or have an American in the back seat." I am paraphrasing but I have heard the lithe Clarkson (cough, cough) make comments to this affect. His remarks are funny since there is some truth to what he says. He also has a number of self-deprecating remarks.

None of the commentators there are of Jeremy Clarkson's caliber. Their anti-American comments are just not funny. They are simply mean. Where is the substance? Where is the love?
Old 04-22-2010, 10:02 AM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2007 530xiT
I think, IMHO, much to Messrs. Clarkson and Mays' dismay, Richard Hammond makes the UK version of the show what it is.
2007 530xiT -- Titanium Silver / Black Dakota / Nav / PP / Step / Sirius / HD / CWP / CA /Rear shades / 2 Diono Monterey Booster Seats in Pink :>) / HŁper Optik tint -- Ordered 08/19/06 -- Delivered 10/17/06 -- 59 days order to delivery.

"Money is a strange business. People who haven't got it aim at it strongly. People who have it are full of troubles." -- Ayrton Senna

BMW CCA Member
Old 04-22-2010, 09:42 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to jusmills Send a message via Yahoo to jusmills
Mein Auto: '04 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billd104 View Post
I think, IMHO, much to Messrs. Clarkson and Mays' dismay, Richard Hammond makes the UK version of the show what it is.
Clarkson and May are pretty funny especially the Romanian episode when when May hit Jeremy in the plums...however I'm with you when you say the Hamster makes the show....classic Hammond below:

2004 330Ci ZHP | Bone Stock
Old 04-23-2010, 09:17 AM
Cockney Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: 2012 X5 50i MSport
Top Gear...brought to you with limited interruptions by Tampax.

2006 E90 330i (retired)
2009 E90 335i (retired)
2012 E70 X5 50i M Sport, JB Stage 1, 0-60 4.64 secs. Woot!
See me for Industrial Electronic Repair.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:03 PM
'Fest Advisor

Mein Auto: 2010 335i Coupe
There is a certain sense of class yet normalcy with the British hosts of Top Gear. I just don't see that combo with these new guys at all.