Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:15 AM

Mein Auto: 650i
DTC Error Code P1434 ?

I am wondering if anyone has an idea of what error code P1434 would mean on a 2005 645ci?

On other BMW's I have seen references to a few things, but most of all "Secondary Air Injection System Pump Relay Circuit". Some people have claimed this is a loose gas cap. But there are reports of electrical issues, 02 sensors, etc. I am really wondering if any 6 series owners have seen this same code and what you did to resolve it.

I am clearing the code right now as well to see if it comes back.

Thank you.
Ads by Google
Old 06-17-2013, 11:58 AM

Mein Auto: 645Ci
I have the same car, Same issue with the codes but i can feel the misfire in my engine when im driving. I was told it was either spark plugs or o2 sensor. I failed the emissions test because of it, I will be taking it to my mechanic and will repost the out come as soon as I have one.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:14 PM

Mein Auto: 650i
Result

Long ago sold the car. but the result was the O2 sensors. I think they had to be replaced.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:57 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '05 645i convert
I had to replace the vapor recirc pump. Simple fix for which I've posted a DIY. $125 part, and about half an hour under the car.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:08 AM

Mein Auto: 99 M3, 95 M3, '90 325is
P1434 code

I just came back from my local quick change oil place. The manager is a friend and he used his code reader to pull this code, then his computer to decipher it. Basically, it was the gas cap. I'd filled it last week and failed to put the cap back on, drove home and discovered it. I then drove about 50 miles and stopped, and when I restarted the CEL was on. He reset it and now it is off and everything is fine. Strange that it didn't show up immediately, and I've left the cap off a time or two before for short distances without triggering the CEL.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:26 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 645ci convertible 2004
you should get the cap tie down fixed lol