Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:59 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 M6
Pulled the trigger on Dinan

I did it! After a lot of thought, research and asking around (including in the forum-thanks for all the feedback) I pulled the trigger today on the Dinan air intake, throttle body and stage 3 software. This should give me a nice bump in hp and throttle response.

I looked into a lot of different options and with the 20% deal going on I got a pretty good price for it all. Plus, even though Dinan can be pricey, they do have a good rep and won't void my warrenty. And the Dinan shop is right by my house

I'm getting it installed in a couple of weeks so I will post after I get it in and hopefully before I get a speeding ticket and let y'all know.

2008 M6
EES Super Charger
Dinan Throttle Bodies
Ads by Google
Old 04-27-2010, 10:07 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 07 650i Convertible
post updates... be nice if you could actually dyno it... or if they did it for you after the install...
HUD, Cold Weather and Sports Package
Logic 7 Sound
Aluminum Racing Pedals
K&N Air Filters
Rays Master Piece REM 20" Forged wheels w/ Conti Extreme DWS
Old 04-27-2010, 10:30 PM

Mein Auto: 09 Saph Black 650i cabrio
definetely let us kno how it does im really thinking about doing exactly the same
Old 04-28-2010, 06:45 AM

Mein Auto: ...
Funny you say wont void warranty!!! Dinan and BMW have nothing to do with each other. It was always thought that they worked with each other and wouldn't void warranty. That is a misconception. DINAN does void warranty. My buddy had a 2008 m5 with bunch of Dinan upgrades. Well he no longer has warranty. Be careful and don't listen to what everybody says.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanJoe View Post
I did it! After a lot of thought, research and asking around (including in the forum-thanks for all the feedback) I pulled the trigger today on the Dinan air intake, throttle body and stage 3 software. This should give me a nice bump in hp and throttle response.

I looked into a lot of different options and with the 20% deal going on I got a pretty good price for it all. Plus, even though Dinan can be pricey, they do have a good rep and won't void my warrenty. And the Dinan shop is right by my house

I'm getting it installed in a couple of weeks so I will post after I get it in and hopefully before I get a speeding ticket and let y'all know.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:39 AM

Mein Auto: 650i Convertible
In regards to the warranty, I did ask my SA about it and they checked it out to make sure that Dinan is still affiliated with BMW when it comes to aftermarket tuning. The stated that they do, in fact some BMW dealership can do the actual install for you. Dinan and BMW have an on and off relationship because at one time I know that Dinan and BMW had issues but it seems they have come to terms once again. Check with your dealership that you are going to have the car serviced to make sure you are covered.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:05 AM

Mein Auto: RR Sport SC, GL450
my dealer sells and installs dinan

2012 Obsidian Black Metallic Mercedes GL450

2010 Sea Doo RXT-X 260 HP SC

2006 Black Sapphire Metallic 650i 6MT SOLD

2008 White Diamond Tricoat Cadillac Escalade SOLD
Old 04-28-2010, 08:46 AM
Yup.

Mein Auto: Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwlover1985 View Post
Funny you say wont void warranty!!! Dinan and BMW have nothing to do with each other. It was always thought that they worked with each other and wouldn't void warranty. That is a misconception. DINAN does void warranty. My buddy had a 2008 m5 with bunch of Dinan upgrades. Well he no longer has warranty. Be careful and don't listen to what everybody says.
Not necessarily - In your friend's situation, there may be other variables to consider - for instance, an M5 warranty can be voided after executing certain commands within the ECU. The "launch" mechanism is one of these, where if this is used, the car's transmission warranty (and other related portions) is then voided.

DINAN is still considered a non-voiding upgrade. CERTAIN upgrades by DINAN, however, I have seen cause a dealer to declare parts NOT covered by the warranty and refer the driver to the DINAN dealer for coverage and/or repair.

These accounts are based on my personal experiences.

Last edited by Hossy; 04-28-2010 at 08:54 AM.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:03 AM
06 BMW 650i Sprt/Prem Pkg

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 650i e64
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanJoe View Post

Please, keep us posted... I'm thinking about doing the same thing, just not sure about the stage 3 software. What happens when you take the car in for regular maintenance and they have to do some reprogramming or reloading of software?

2006 BMW 650i Sport/Premium Package
+ Various Mods & Upgrades

Last edited by coug60; 04-28-2010 at 03:56 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:46 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 BWM 645ci
what a fiasco this is developing into lol!
Old 04-28-2010, 01:01 PM

Mein Auto: 07 650i Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHT20THREE View Post
what a fiasco this is developing into lol!
nah.. just an active and lively discussion...

dinan's been around a while... their site does specify if BMW voids the warranty, they'll warranty the problem and the BMW part that needs replacing...

so either way it's got warranty...

the only thing I can tell is it does not mention so likely does not honor CPO warranty... so it basically voids CPO for the part in question (CPO probably won't cover it to begin with)...
HUD, Cold Weather and Sports Package
Logic 7 Sound
Aluminum Racing Pedals
K&N Air Filters
Rays Master Piece REM 20" Forged wheels w/ Conti Extreme DWS
Old 04-28-2010, 02:38 PM

I checked out all the warrenty stuff and my dealer said I'm covered. Plus, Dinan does warrenty their stuff.

With the software Dinan said they will refresh it if it gets erased. Plus with the shop being by my house in theory I could have my service done there and not worry about it. I just like that I get a loaner from the dealer.

As for the "Dyno." This puts me at 7 points, I need 3 more for the badge. I might do some more next year. We will see.

2008 M6
EES Super Charger
Dinan Throttle Bodies

Last edited by TrojanJoe; 04-28-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:36 PM

Mein Auto: suburban 2500 8.1, 650i
i bought the same three things, just wainting on them to come in, should be in the next couple weeks from what i hear
Old 04-28-2010, 10:11 PM
laddcruzer

Mein Auto: 2007 650i silver grey
You will love all the Dinan upgrades. As to the warranty issues, it's really on a case by case and dealer by dealer basis. In most cases there is no problem.

2007 650i (20 inch XIX wheels, with Dinan intake, throttle body, Stage 2 suspension, exhaust, Level 3 software upgrade, 390 horses, Vorsteiner carbon fiber hood, Hamann tail)
2002 996 (pss9's, CAI, tail, GT2 nose, Artec wheels, etc))
2006 Jeep SRT8 (corsa catback, mopar exhaust, hid's, forgeline wheels, etc)
2002 530i (stock except for M6 replica wheels) Wife's ride
Old 04-29-2010, 03:49 AM

Mein Auto: ...
LAUNCH DOES NOT VOID WARRANTY, i have several friends with brand new m5s and m6s have done launch several times and bmw does not void their warranty. just be careful thats all
Old 04-29-2010, 07:19 AM
laddcruzer

Mein Auto: 2007 650i silver grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwlover1985 View Post
launch does not void warranty, i have several friends with brand new m5s and m6s have done launch several times and bmw does not void their warranty. Just be careful thats all
"launch" --- ???

2007 650i (20 inch XIX wheels, with Dinan intake, throttle body, Stage 2 suspension, exhaust, Level 3 software upgrade, 390 horses, Vorsteiner carbon fiber hood, Hamann tail)
2002 996 (pss9's, CAI, tail, GT2 nose, Artec wheels, etc))
2006 Jeep SRT8 (corsa catback, mopar exhaust, hid's, forgeline wheels, etc)
2002 530i (stock except for M6 replica wheels) Wife's ride
Old 04-29-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laddcruzer View Post
"launch" --- ???
A Mode for ///M cars. check it out..
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...ight=m6+launch
Old 04-29-2010, 03:37 PM

too bad Dinan can't get me a launch mode for my 650. Oh well, just have to get the M6 next time

2008 M6
EES Super Charger
Dinan Throttle Bodies
Old 05-03-2010, 03:00 PM
Pete

Mein Auto: '06 650i Conv
Did these updates...

See my pics. I did these mods about 9 mos. ago. I am pissed they are now running 20% deal. Think I should go back to Dinan for some value?

Love it along with the Britalman exhaust, M6 steering wheel. You will too!!

2006 650i - Automatic - Black Saphire Metallic with Cream Beige Dakota Leather

Factory Options: Sport/Cold Weather, Prem Sound Pkgs & Sat Radio

Personal Mods:
20" Miro M6 rims; Red MGP caliper covers; Britalman cat-back exhaust; DINAN High Flow Air intake, throttle body & stage 3 software; RPi scoops; MTec V2 angel eyes; LED lighting; 70% window tint; //M Steering wheel; OEM iPod interface; //M footrest & pedal pads; //M3 Shifter
Old 05-03-2010, 03:14 PM

Do you notice much of a gain with the RPI on top of the Dinan intake?

2008 M6
EES Super Charger
Dinan Throttle Bodies
Old 05-07-2010, 02:15 PM

Update

So I picked my car up from Dinan today. Laid down some rubber out of their drive way just for fun. Here's some initial feedback:

-First about Dinan, I had a great experience working with them We went over a ton of options and pricing etc and Erin at the MV Dinan was very helpful. And they worked with my schedule and had it done before I was expecting

-Improvements: Now, I was not expecting my 650 to drive like a M6 but it was certainly more responsive. It get's off the line better, the SMG shifts a tad quicker and I can push it a little harder. It's nothing jaw-dropping but I can feel a difference. And the intake does make the exhaust sound just a little more "throaty."

-Summary: I'm glad I did it. With the 20% off the price was $2500 out the door (w/labor and tax). It makes me feel good to know I am getting as much out of my beautiful BMW V8 as I can too

She is getting detailed right now so I will post a few pics when I can. Next on the list, some new wheels

2008 M6
EES Super Charger
Dinan Throttle Bodies
Old 05-10-2010, 08:40 AM
info@e92-lighting.com

Send a message via AIM to E92-Lighting Send a message via MSN to E92-Lighting Send a message via Yahoo to E92-Lighting Send a message via Skype™ to E92-Lighting
Mein Auto: 335i
dyno results would be great, interested to see what real gains to be offered/seen

BMW CREE LED ANGEL EYES ALL BMW MODELS MTEC V3 V4 DTEC V6 V7 V8 V9 V10 NO ERROR
BMW ACCESSORIES and PARTS
BMW LED INTERIOR KITS
please PM/Email us for member discount/combo pricing
info@e92-lighting.com "e90post5" for 5% off as the promo code
Old 05-10-2010, 08:46 AM

Sweet! Is the grin still stuck on your face? I was going to pull the trigger as well but my time got eaten up by my work/travels and was not able to be around by the time the Dinan specials ends. I believe their 20% ended in April. I will check again and see if they are running it again. The dyno test would be good to do, just to see the increase in performace. Getting the most out of the V8 is a win so if the upgrades are able to make it perform a bit more efficiemtly than stock, then it's money well spent.