Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > BMW News Articles and Announcements

BMW News Articles and Announcements
Read the latest BMW headlines and discuss them with your fellow bimmer enthusiasts!

Old 05-10-2010, 04:57 PM
Large Carbon Footprint

Send a message via AIM to skywolf
Mein Auto: 02 Strn L200/09 VW Jetta
Stupid on every part. The cops could easily check the plate and contact the registered owner. The police are like big kids, they love to smash things and blow up stuff in the name of public safety. You don't get an apology for this and you don't get one when they do a no-knock on your house at 2am and kill your pets.

To save face, they ticket him for idling. I'd like to see the mayor shut off his 10 SUVs when he parks before the cops start ticketing for that.

2002 Saturn L200
2009 VW Jetta SE
2011 Mazda3 SGT Sedan
2011 Tacoma SR5
Old 05-10-2010, 06:22 PM

Mein Auto: 135i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywolf View Post
Stupid on every part. The cops could easily check the plate and contact the registered owner.
Cops cant do that its too much like hard work, everywhere not just New York.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:17 AM
Renaissance Dude

Mein Auto: 1987 325i, 410K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwcat View Post
This one is for PropellerHead!

(Anger Management)

Hey that looks not bad. Who would'a thought - Adam Sandler in a decent movie. I might have to rent that one - no wait, the Menlo Park library has an hellacious DVD collection.

Dreamers, misfits, malcontents, finding the world not to their liking imagine themselves ideally suited for the world as it ought to be. - anon
Old 05-11-2010, 02:22 AM
Renaissance Dude

Mein Auto: 1987 325i, 410K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_L View Post
Cops cant do that its too much like hard work, everywhere not just New York.
I sometimes have problems with cops but fact is they could get blown up by a vehicle like that. Slim chance but recent history tells us it's possible.

I drove cab night shift in Seattle off and on for years. I saw about 5% (wild guess) of the rough trade they did and I wasn't tasked with getting in the face of those characters and rearranging their behavior. There are some seriously block-headed people is his world, this nation, and cops are the firewall tween us and them.

Dreamers, misfits, malcontents, finding the world not to their liking imagine themselves ideally suited for the world as it ought to be. - anon