Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > BMW News Articles and Announcements

BMW News Articles and Announcements
Read the latest BMW headlines and discuss them with your fellow bimmer enthusiasts!

Old 05-19-2010, 07:55 PM   #1
BMW to offer Hybrid 5 and 3 Series

tim330i
Administrator

Show Printable Version Email this Page

Advertisement
posted by tim330i

BMW chief executive Norbert Reithofer says the Munich based manufacturer will start producing the 5-Series with a hybrid power train as early as next year but is also testing hybrid version of the 3-Series.

This move comes from BMW's goal of reducing carbon emissions by at least another 25 percent between 2008 and 2020. BMWs fleet emissions dropped to 150 grams of carbon dioxide per kilometer last year, down from 156g at the end of 2008. Regarding the 5-Series hybrid, which was previewed at the Geneva Motor Show by the 5-Series ActiveHybrid Concept, this car will be the second full hybrid from BMW, after the ActiveHybrid X6 was launched last year. The ActiveHybrid 7 is considered a mild hybrid, because this car cant run on zero-emission electric propulsion alone. Sales of hybrid vehicles (there) have skyrocketed. If you dont have a hybrid in your portfolio, soon you might not be selling any cars in Japan at all, explained Reithofer.

Source - autonews - subscription required
This article has been viewed 1979 times.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:40 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '09 328i sedan, '02 525iT
will these be offered in a manual transmission? I would love to have that 5 series.
2011 Lexus ES350 (wife's)
Old 05-24-2010, 05:53 AM
tappa tappa toit

Mein Auto: hoopty
awesome. i love this. even better would be diesel electric hybrids.