Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2010 California sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks

Bimmerfest 2010 California sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks
The 11th annual Bimmerfest show in California will be held on May 22, 2010 at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA!
Sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 08:29 AM

Mein Auto: 318I E36

Old 05-26-2010, 09:11 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 08 M3 E93; 01 Porsche C4
Tony's Friend, Owner/Customizer of the Green Convertible,

Yes I can see you have ability to create unique customized show cars. And yes, we may be pokeing too much fun at you at times. However, you seem to consider yourself a business man and the first thing a business man needs to recognize is his target market. Now I hope I am not overgeneralizing, but I do think my views and taste is consistent with a large part of the BMW community on Bimmerfest. First of all, most of us are about performance of the cars not the bling. BMW's are known to be performance cars. BMW's are also somewhat understated. Your cars do not seem to contain any of these elements, neither performance or sleek understated styling. We tend to like modifications that enhance the performance and looks in a more subtle manner then the cars you are creating.

There absolutely is a target audience for your work, such as Dub shows or Hot Import Nights, but you will not get a lot of appreciation from the BMW scene here. As you allude to in your earlier tirade in post #59, you have won trophies, and I suspect that is the case, in the target audience to which your car appeals to, but probably not here. Also realize your name calling and generalizations and just plain ridiculous assertions about us are completely unfounded and will also get you nowhere.

Another thing, when you go onto a forum, be prepared to get flamed. In fact, I will probably get flamed for this posting by some too. It's just the reality of the cyberworld. Face it, many opinions abound in forums. Thats what forums to some extent are for, for people to express their opinions. And there are many different opinions with lots of agreement and disagreement. That's the way it is.

You mention you are working on an M3. My suggestion, if you want to appeal to this market, focus more on suspension, engine and performance upgrades, wheels from well respected manufacturers such as HRE or BBS, interiors with more subtle/standard color schemes, and a lot less graphics/decals. Follow my advice and I think you will get a lot of accolades here, because what I described is more what the target audience here is looking for. Take a look at some of the cars people really liked here and learn from those. If you have no interest in such type of cars, then why are you trying to get our approval. Face it, your green car is not to most of our taste. Try creating something that is, if you want our approval. It seems you are trying to get our approval, otherwise you would have moved on by now.

Last edited by ///M3 E93 in LA; 05-26-2010 at 09:14 AM.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:16 AM
L4P

Send a message via AIM to MalibuMafiaV
Mein Auto: E46 stg 2.5 & E60 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3 E93 in LA View Post
Tony's Friend, Owner/Customizer of the Green Convertible,

Yes I can see you have ability to create unique customized show cars. And yes, we may be pokeing too much fun at you at times. However, you seem to consider yourself a business man and the first thing a business man needs to recognize is his target market. Now I hope I am not overgeneralizing, but I do think my views and taste is consistent with a large part of the BMW community on Bimmerfest. First of all, most of us are about performance of the cars not the bling. BMW's are known to be performance cars. BMW's are also somewhat understated. Your cars do not seem to contain any of these elements, neither performance or sleek understated styling. We tend to like modifications that enhance the performance and looks in a more subtle manner then the cars you are creating.

There absolutely is a target audience for your work, such as Dub shows or Hot Import Nights, but you will not get a lot of appreciation from the BMW scene here. As you allude to in your earlier tirade in post #59, you have won trophies, and I suspect that is the case, in the target audience to which your car appeals to, but probably not here. Also realize your name calling and generalizations and just plain ridiculous assertions about us are completely unfounded and will also get you nowhere.

Another thing, when you go onto a forum, be prepared to get flamed. In fact, I will probably get flamed for this posting by some too. It's just the reality of the cyberworld. Face it, many opinions abound in forums. Thats what forums to some extent are for, for people to express their opinions. And there are many different opinions with lots of agreement and disagreement. That's the way it is.

You mention you are working on an M3. My suggestion, if you want to appeal to this market, focus more on suspension, engine and performance upgrades, wheels from well respected manufacturers such as HRE or BBS, interiors with more subtle/standard color schemes, and a lot less graphics/decals. Follow my advice and I think you will get a lot of accolades here, because what I described is more what the target audience here is looking for. Take a look at some of the cars people really liked here and learn from those. If you have no interest in such type of cars, then why are you trying to get our approval. Face it, your green car is not to most of our taste. Try creating something that is, if you want our approval. It seems you are trying to get our approval, otherwise you would have moved on by now.

Example: Performance mods, No decals and less colors.

I just had to use my own pics didn't I?
2004 Maserati M128 GT SOLD
2006 BMW M3 - SOLD
Old 05-26-2010, 10:34 AM

A black car is always classy! Like a hot babe in a little black cocktail dress! Tony, probably thinks that black is boring, but think about, can you think of anyway a women looks better, then in a little black cocktail dress! Simple, but so elegant and yet sexy!
Old 05-26-2010, 10:54 AM

Tony and friend,

This is another example from an M3 thread of what we are talking about . Check out the IND website. Observe, study it, learn. This is a Hawt car. This to me epitomizes a Hawt modded BMW. This car was at Bimmerfest.

BBS wheels, supercharged engine, suspension work, the interior was black, but the leather was redone with baseball stitching throughout. Understated, classy, all bizness, no bling, and will probably take on any stock Ferrari or Porsche. This is what you strive to achieve if you want approval here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson_hole View Post
I found this detailed project discussed here - http://www.teamspeed.com/forums/m/41...clock-ind.html
but here area few copied pics anyway lol

starts as this :

turns blue!!

Old 05-26-2010, 11:10 AM
Official Queen of E36 OT

Send a message via AIM to bimmerbarbie
Mein Auto: 93ish 325ish
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony5522 View Post
ok well this is the guy who owns the bmw and i decided to come out and say a few things to my wonderful fans its nice to know that a bunch of lame asses like yourselves would take the time to sit here day in and day out talking about my car it seems like you must really have no life which is probably why your cars look the same way they do when you bought them from your grandpa 10 years ago hahahahahaa. and for the girl that says her car is a show car and my paint is weak honey i payed 4000 for my paint not 15 bucks at pepboys for those flames you got on the hood.To the guy thats talking about my seats bro those arent covers like the ones you bought at autozone i payed 2000 for my custom made interior dude my rims are worth more than most of your cars and i didnt even have to pay for them cuz i am sponsored. I have so many sponsors that if i wanted to i could fix up the engine but choose not to cuz i am fixing up an M3. So i say thank you to my haters that keep making me famous and putting me on the map cuz if you really didnt care or didnt like my car than you would have nothing to say about it but in reality your jealous that this 19 year old kids has invested more money in his project car than most of you can waste on your own houses. Oh and by the way i also took another trophy this week in oxnard in a real show not this lame ass show with all you nerds that couldnt even see the kind of work my friend from swift and his 6 series got in his ride thats real customizing not the things you guys do. So thank you and have a wonderful day i have to go make some money now unlike the rest of you
So I got a heads-up that this exact post was here as well as in the E36 section. Interesting. Offensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36 Phantom View Post
... We all kinda just ignore Amber (barbie) anyway. She's sort of our attitude and eye candy here, that's why we keep her around...
Closed Thread