Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-2010, 10:00 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 325i
$10k off MSRP too much to ask for new '09 30i?

So I'm interested in a new '09 sDrive30i at a semi-local dealer (2 hr drive) and was wondering if my invoice math is correct. The car was punched on 8/09 to take advantage of the $5k incentive at the time. It has 125 miles on it and is considered a demo. Never titled. The car comes with premium package, metallic paint, through-loading, and wood trim.

Base sDrive30i...........$42090
Metallic paint..............$ 500
4UT (through-loading)..$ 175
4BN (wood trim)..........$ 455
ZPP (premium)...........$ 3550
Destination.................$ 825
Training service...........$ 180

Total invoice..............$47775
BMW incentive...........-$ 5000

Total cost to dealer.....$42775
Now here's where the $10k comes in. On the dealers own website the following is stated:
"This is a brand new untitled BMW Z4 with the Coral Red Kansas Interior. This is another unique interior combo you would expect from BMW. Save over $10,000 off of MSRP."

I asked the dealer to give me a quote on this car and the best he is willing to do now is $8500 off MSRP. He is telling me that yes they punched the car to get the incentive and were willing to discount this car $10k at the time they punched the car. However, they had two '09s and decided to split the discount they got for punching this car between the two cars. The other car was sold last week. So the way I see it they are not being true to their own advertising on their own web page. So is $10k off too much to ask?

I get that erdoran's deal is one of those once in a lifetime deals and pretty much too good to be repeated. But that was $17k off. I'm 'only' asking for $10k. Though I guess if my math above is correct the dealer would take a loss at $10k off msrp ($51700 - $10k = $41700).

Should I move on and keep looking if $8500 off is their final offer?

Thanks,
-Marc

2010 sDrive35i Sapphire black, beige leather, premium, sport, 19" wheels, premium sound, nav, cold, comfort access, alarm, smartphone, 6 speed manual
2006 530xiT Wagon, Monaco Blue/black, premium, cold, PDC, Logic 7, Comfort Access, rear shades

BMW CCA Member# 164977
Advertisement