Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2010 California sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks

Bimmerfest 2010 California sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks
The 11th annual Bimmerfest show in California will be held on May 22, 2010 at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA!
Sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks

Old 05-25-2010, 11:32 PM
IM DA BES

Mein Auto: A rental
Nice!!

Nice seeing you at the fest!! I was the one accompanying Carlos (Los) from Mass. We talked for a lil bit

Drive safe!

"The American Dream only makes sense if you're sleeping" - Lowkey
Old 05-26-2010, 06:56 AM
OG Member #321

Send a message via AIM to MarcusSanDiego
Mein Auto: 2008 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska Bimmer View Post
Well I'm sitting in Hillsboro, Oregon in a fellow e-21ers living room already 1000+ miles into my trek home. Yesterday I went from Corona (where I also stayed at a fellow E-21ers home) to Mt. Shasta where I set up the tent and camped.

Today it rained from about 30 seconds after I got the tent put away and it's still raining.

I had a great time a Bimmerfest, and it was nice to meet everyone. I met so many people I am having a hard time rembering faces, names, screen names argg....

Well even though I'm headed home the entire route won't be the same, so I'll have a few more pictures I'm sure. Instead of taking the 100+ mile long Frasier canyon in BC i'll run the 4 lane freeway to camloops BC and cut over to the top of the canyon and go up the rest of the way the same way I came down.

So far I've gone around 5200 miles since I left home, and still have about 2500 more to go. By tomorrow afternoon I'll be back in Canada and out of touch for several days as I go across the less civilized areas of Canada. I'll post up more photos once I get some internet, or I get home and have a chance to sort through all the stuff I took pictures and videos of.

here's a few pictures from this morning, it was raining and the car is once again dirty, but I took photos anyway.

Jeff, nice meeting you. Be on the lookout for Bigfoot.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:18 AM

Mein Auto: 1981 323i Baur
Big foot is kinda shy, he was standing over behind a tree, we had breakfast together and talked cars. It turns out Bigfoot is more into trucks though, he says being 9 feet tall makes getting into cars tougher.....

I'm off to Canada here in a few I'm less than 300 miles from the border. I'll probably make it to Kamloops or maybe even Prince Goerge or at least somewhere betwen the two,

1981 BMW 323i Baur #3023/4595 M20 2.7 L swap and lots of other stuff. - summer fun car
Winner of the longest drive ever to Bimmerfest in 2010.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:35 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci
I didn't get to meet you, but saw you at the AutoX on Sunday. Hope you had a good time.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:56 PM
*Åþråh Cådåþråh*

Mein Auto: 08 M5 e36 M3 gt40 877hp
Quote:
Big foot is kinda shy, he was standing over behind a tree, we had breakfast together and talked cars. It turns out Bigfoot is more into trucks though, he says being 9 feet tall makes getting into cars tougher.....

I'm off to Canada here in a few I'm less than 300 miles from the border. I'll probably make it to Kamloops or maybe even Prince Goerge or at least somewhere betwen the two,

I'm glad to see those long hours of driving didn't make you loony yet .....

****************** __________________------====http://bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)====--------__________________
Old 05-26-2010, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMERUSAM5 View Post

I'm glad to see those long hours of driving didn't make you loony yet .....

Well I do talk to myself alot....my new seats are too comfy, I got sleepy a few times.

I made it to Kamloops, BC tonight where it is still raining, so I am hotel camping tonight. Wind + rain = sucky tent camping.

Canadian candid camera is actually pretty funny on the good ole CBC.

1981 BMW 323i Baur #3023/4595 M20 2.7 L swap and lots of other stuff. - summer fun car
Old 05-26-2010, 10:28 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '01 740iL
I am impressed! What a journey! Had we stayed in contact, you could have driven down with the 5-car convoy I rode down with.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:30 PM

Mein Auto: 1986 BMW 325e
wow, Alaska Bimmer, how much did the trip cost you, going 1 way if you dont me asking? not like hotels or food, just in car costs. (gas, etc.) may be making the journey up there in the next year.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:16 AM
More than you can afford

Mein Auto: Elise<3
Got home at 6:45 Friday night. Roughly 8000 total miles for the whole trip. I'll get a better reading when I really compare numbers. I'll be making a documentation thread for my videos and hundreds of pictures.

@los_tho
Old 05-29-2010, 06:31 AM
OG Member #321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los View Post
Got home at 6:45 Friday night. Roughly 8000 total miles for the whole trip. I'll get a better reading when I really compare numbers. I'll be making a documentation thread for my videos and hundreds of pictures.
Glad to hear you made it home safe. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:24 AM
Admin • Owner • Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
This is one of the best event threads of all-time...

P.S. It was great to see all of you!

Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 • The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
Old 05-29-2010, 10:05 AM
IM DA BES

Mein Auto: A rental
Quote:
Gald you made it back in one piece!! Hope you didnt get any more tickets

yeahhhh baby yeahhhhhhhh

"The American Dream only makes sense if you're sleeping" - Lowkey
Old 05-29-2010, 04:10 PM

Talking

I'm Not home yet....

I spent Thursday night in a campground abor 40 miles south of ft Saint John BC. Friday I made it to teslin lake.

Today I made it back to America. I'm in Tok, Alaska eating lunch. I'm 5 hours from home. Itwill be nice after 3 weeks to sleep in my own bed again.

I'll post up pics and videos later after I have a chance to sleep. Driving up here is not for the weak hearted. 2 lane roads dodging wildlife and potholes. Get tiresom after a coupl days.

This whole trip is going to run me about $2600 or so I still have to talley receipts from the past two days though.

It's been a fun trip and I'm guessing I'll be the last attendee to get home...my total trip is about 8100 miles with 5500 or so of those miles on two lane roads through the middle of nowhere.

Old 05-29-2010, 05:21 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 325i
I did a land/cruise tour up there last summer......... you're right, there IS a lot of nowhere!
Old 05-29-2010, 11:29 PM

Mein Auto: '01 740iL
After reading your trek home, my little Seattle, Wa to Pasedena, Ca and back seems short.....and I know it wasn't. Getting out of CA took forever...lol.

Can't wait to see your pics/adventure on video
Old 05-30-2010, 12:00 AM

I made it home at 9pm ADT. My son was thrilled to see me and so was everyone else.

Now it's off to bed. I drove from Teslin lake, YT to Anchorage today. It took about 13 hours to make the trip. It was about 830 miles today.

Old 05-30-2010, 06:46 AM
OG Member #321

Quote:
I made it home at 9pm ADT. My son was thrilled to see me and so was everyone else.

Now it's off to bed. I drove from Teslin lake, YT to Anchorage today. It took about 13 hours to make the trip. It was about 830 miles today.
Well, now that you are home, Bimmerfest 2010 is a wrap.

Nice meeting you at Bimmerfest, Jeff.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:03 AM
Bimmerfest Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusSanDiego View Post
Well, now that you are home, Bimmerfest 2010 is a wrap.

Nice meeting you at Bimmerfest, Jeff.
I agree. Well said!

Old 05-30-2010, 05:44 PM

Now I have the fun of cleaning about 2 million squashed Canadian Bugs off my car, along with the red colored dirt that seems to be all over the car. My new seats were great, the return Trip was much more comfotable than the ride down.

I even managed to meet my Cousin and his family on the highway at Teslin Lake, YT, they are headed south moving back to Texas, he was up here for 6 years with Conoco Philips. Now I have no family up here once again .

The only issues I had were:
my blower motor stopped working on Day 4 and started working again on Day 6.

On day three my malfunctioning seat belt got intolerable as it kept getting tighter and not realeasing, I have a replacement belt I picked up from a fellow E-21 guy but hadn't had the time to dismantle half the car to install it, so I got out the harness and cruised home with that, much more comfortable than the seat belt since I have a Schroth Autocontrol harness that behaves much like a regualr seat belt and the reel only locks in hard acceleration, corners etc...the rest of the time it can move loke a normal belt.

One of the screws ratled out of my right turn signal and when I got to Tok, AK I had to reatach the other screw and get it all tight to make it home. the screw holes are stripped and not holding the screws without shoving a piece a paer in there. I have brand new housings to put in, I just didn't get it done before I left.

Between Fort Nelson and Pink Mountain BC I hit a nasty roller coaster section and it bounced my right muffler on the hanger, which then drug on the ground for a few miles until I stopped and reattached the hangers, this damaged the right exhast tip, so I'll have to have a new tip welded on.

My roof devoloped a rattle that took me about 2000 miles to figure out what it was. I think it's time for some new roof hardware, since the 30 year old ones are showing their age. I believe I can actually still buy those new.

My headlight knob rattled off, and I had to reattach it to the dashboard so I could turn out the lights.

Now that I'm home I have to clean the garage so I can get two cars in it again and pick up all the mess I left behind during my last min. car prep. I also have to the mow the yard, dismantle a swing set at my cousins house and get it to my house and a host of other things.....

Old 05-30-2010, 09:05 PM

Some new photos:

These are from later in the trip Day 5 and 6.

My camp site 80 KM from the Alaska Hwy junction:

The Alaska Hwy between Haines Junction and Beaver Creek in the Yukon Territory. I actually did go lay in the highway to take this photo. The pavement was very hard.

The Second to last rest stop before Beaver Creek and the border. I stopped here going the other way as well.

this is the same spot as one of the begining photos, although I think the first photo was better than this one.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:08 PM
More than you can afford

Well I hope some of you guys see this. I created a thread in the E36 section documenting my entire journey across the US and back. I'd love for everyone to check it out. MANY photos...and videos will be up not too long from now.

http://bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=459848

@los_tho
Old 06-01-2010, 10:29 PM
Bimmerfest Founder

Quote:
Well I hope some of you guys see this. I created a thread in the E36 section documenting my entire journey across the US and back. I'd love for everyone to check it out. MANY photos...and videos will be up not too long from now.

http://bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=459848
You, sir, are my hero.

Send me your address, and I will send you a Bimmerfest shirt!

Old 06-02-2010, 02:57 PM
More than you can afford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon S. View Post
You, sir, are my hero.

Send me your address, and I will send you a Bimmerfest shirt!
Thanks Jon! If you could tell me the easiest way of contact I would glady accept a shirt, as I was not able to purchase one at the event.

Really though, all the drooling over free merch aside, you definitely made the 'Fest worth the drive and then some for me. Thanks again!

@los_tho
Old 06-02-2010, 04:37 PM
OG Member #321

Quote:
Thanks Jon! If you could tell me the easiest way of contact I would glady accept a shirt, as I was not able to purchase one at the event.

Really though, all the drooling over free merch aside, you definitely made the 'Fest worth the drive and then some for me. Thanks again!
Email is easiest, Carlos.

jon@bimmerfest.com