Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 06-02-2010, 05:26 AM

Mein Auto: 335i
Pandora

I did several searches on this topic. I found bits and pieces of answers but no specific answer. If I missed it I apologize up front.

I have the ipod integration and in my 2011 3 series. When i use pandora initially the device works properly. When I receive and complete a phone call the device returns to iphone music not pandora. Furthermore if you play pandora at this time the music will start and then be immediately interrupted by the iphone. If i disconnect the iphone and reconnect it I can make the process work again.

I had this issue with my Merc and after a code upgrade everything was sorted.

I also added a scosche adapter just to see if there was some pin it didn't pass through that enabled the Merc system to operate. That test did not work.

Has anyone determined if there is a code (car or iphone) compatibility relationship with streaming applications like Pandora? my iphone is a 3g 3.1.3 (7E18) on AT&T.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.
Ads by Google
Old 06-02-2010, 05:37 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
I use the 3.5 mm earpiece jack (I don't have ipod kit installed in the car). When the call is done I am fine.

Do this test

1) listen to pandora normally (not in your car), call your cell phone and answer it, then hang up
2) does pandora still give you issues?
3) If yes then the issue is with Pandora
4) If no then connect your iphone to your home stereo set and repeat the process.
5) If you experience the issue then the fault is with the phone/pandora, if you don't experience the issue then the fault is with the BMW integration.

To simulate the bluetooth nature of the BMW just connect a bluetooth headset

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.

Last edited by furby076; 06-02-2010 at 08:46 AM.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:09 PM

Mein Auto: 335i
so heres the finding. i wind up at number 5. phone call events don't cause issues with my home stereo or on its own. the common element there is that the output is the 3.5 jack. I suspect the less complex interface is more reliable. if i do the same test in my 07 merc gl450 everything works fine too. I think that leaves me at BMW integration... however there are plenty of posts on this forum that say pandora works fine. there are others that say it does not.

i kinda suspect that this all might be a firmware/software issue. anyone got it working consistently so we can compare versions of equipment.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:09 PM
Nerd

Mein Auto: 2008 335i Coupe
I have the same issue. The issue is with with iphone integration and the iphone's lack of multitasking(well kind of).

Pandora does not run in the background so whenever you receive a call, the iphone shuts down Pandora.
From what I understand, the BMW system disconnects from any AV system(or iphone/ipod) connection and connects to your phone via Bluetooth during a call.
The BMW system then attempts to reconnect with the iphone after the call is done. Since your Pandora is now closed, the BMW system opens the iPod program instead.
I have the latest BMW firmware and it still does not fix this problem and I doubt anything that BMW does will.

Iphone OS4 is suppose to have multitasking for iPhone 3GS or above...older iphone users are screwed. This may fix the problem since during a call, the program that is running will not be shut down but only placed on stand by status.
Internal:M3 Tri-stitched Steering wheel/OEM Aluminum Pedal and Footrest
External: Black Matte Grills/MSport Front Bumper with sidemarker delete/OEM Aero Rear Bumper/OEM Aero Spoiler/LuxH8 LED Angel Eyes V3
Old 06-03-2010, 06:18 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
For me I have a Moto Droid and use the 3.5 mm jack with pandora....no issues. But you have an iPhone and that is different hardware...though by the time it gets to the 3.5mm jack and bluetooth the data being sent is the same (bluetooth are crossplatform standards, and 3.5mm jack is just sending soundwaves in a standard format)...given that we are talking computers so while it shouldn't matter, the difference from droid to iPhone will matter.

EDIT: My pandora will pause when I get a call and then continue where i left off when I get off the call. iPhone multi-tasking may be the culprit but according to the OP other people say this works fine.

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.