Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 06-15-2010, 01:33 PM

Mein Auto: mercedes
Patiently waiting on 2011 x5 501

I placed my order for my 2011 x5 on May 19th. I spoke with my CA this morning and he says the car shipped yesterday. My question is, does anyone know how long it takes to get from the plant to Texas?
Advertisement
Old 06-15-2010, 01:42 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW X5 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfann View Post
I placed my order for my 2011 x5 on May 19th. I spoke with my CA this morning and he says the car shipped yesterday. My question is, does anyone know how long it takes to get from the plant to Texas?
It was twelve days from the plant to me in Baton Rouge, La. Way too long. Hope you do better.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:54 PM

Mein Auto: mercedes
Is it really that long? My CA says 2-4 days.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:59 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 xDrive35d
Quote:
That's a good joke on his part. 10 days from SC to MD.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Bet the CA a luggage compartment mat. That way you can't loose.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:06 PM

Mein Auto: x5 50i
Ordered my 50i on 5/7/10, was completed on 6/4/10 and was delivered to my dealer today for a Friday 6/18/10 pick-up. Don't waste your time tracking it after completion in SC, once it is shipped you will not know anything until it arrives at the dealer. Bottom line is that they will not send empty trucks, so you need to wait until a truck is full of vehicles for transport.
It sucks to wait, but come Friday I will be very happy.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:09 PM
Yeaaah Baby!!!!

Mein Auto: PG X5 35i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by rufnck View Post
Ordered my 50i on 5/7/10, was completed on 6/4/10 and was delivered to my dealer today for a Friday 6/18/10 pick-up. Don't waste your time tracking it after completion in SC, once it is shipped you will not know anything until it arrives at the dealer. Bottom line is that they will not send empty trucks, so you need to wait until a truck is full of vehicles for transport.
It sucks to wait, but come Friday I will be very happy.
Damn whats the story here? Mine was completed on 6/1 and yours beat mine to Long Island.

At least you get yours for your B-Day, as I doubt I would get mine tomorrow.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:30 PM

Sorry Rob, happy birthday & hope you get the call. Friend of mine ordered a 35i on 5/21 (exactly 2 weeks after mine)
and his 35i was on my truck that came in today. Ask your CA to check the site & see if your dates are actual or estimated.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:36 PM
Yeaaah Baby!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufnck View Post
Sorry Rob, happy birthday & hope you get the call. Friend of mine ordered a 35i on 5/21 (exactly 2 weeks after mine)
and his 35i was on my truck that came in today. Ask your CA to check the site & see if your dates are actual or estimated.
Thanks,
Ill have to put the pressure on tomorrow. My CA has a tendency of not looking to get actual true information, and just likes to give you a spool of words out of his head.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:22 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 330i, 2011 X5d soon
Mine won't be here for my bday tomorrow either.. I'm not expecting to see it until the 25th or later as of now. I ordered mine on 4/28 and it completed build on June 4th.. I think i can wait another 10 days. ;-)
Old 06-16-2010, 07:15 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 X5 XDrive35i
Quote:
It took 10 days from "released to a carrier" to actually arriving at my dealership. Picked mine up last night, near Baltimore, MD.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:42 AM

Happy birthday big robb & cduchesne!!!! I am sorry that you do not have your trucks today.... Shell how bout some pictures? we have been waiting anxiously for some time now, share the love
Now that you have it any thoughts, comments, complaints etc;
Old 06-16-2010, 07:47 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 X5 XDrive35i
It's pouring rain here this morning and expected to all day. I'll take pics tomorrow when I can pull it out of the garage and clean up the ridiculous MESS that the dealership prep department did with their crappy wax and tire dressing (which sprayed all over the fenders and windows). Already asking for "undoing" instructions on the Detail forum. It's a shame they can't prep it the way we would at our own homes!
Old 06-16-2010, 10:33 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 550i
I ordered my X5 5.0 on 5/31, which was my birthday, the order did not get placed for a couple of days due to the holiday weekend, it shows in production as we speak and my CA claims I'll have around the 20th? I guess we will see.. This morning our 2007 X5 4.8 almost didn't start, I think it knows its getting traded.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:53 AM

Mein Auto: 335xi - when it runs
Lucky you. I ordered mine on 28 April, and it's stuck in eternal "Scheduled for Production with no confirmed production date yet". Been that way for three weeks. Dealer has come back with all sorts of excuses thus far- Transmission was on backorder was the most amusing. Anyone seeing similar delays?
Old 06-16-2010, 10:57 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 BMW X5 35d
They put mine on a train and shipped it to Oxnard CA. From there it took 2 days to arrive in Bellevue, WA on a truck.

The entire process, my order to me driving it off the lot, took 74 days. This is for an order which took place back at the beginning of December 2009.

Side note: You will not be disappointed. This is the finest automobile I have ever driven. Every morning it leaves me smiling.

I had lunch with a buddy of mine yesterday who has a 2007 M3 (new V8 version) and he was amazed at the advances in technology shown in the X5.

Your patience will be rewarded.

Good luck to you...
2010 X5 35d, Black Sapphire / Sand Beige Nevada / Premium / Cold Weather / Tech / Rear Climate / Premium Sound / Sport Activity / Roof Rails / Running boards / iPhone Snap-in Adaptor / HUD / Comfort Access / iPod and USB / Space-Saver Spare
Old 06-16-2010, 10:59 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 BMW X5 35d
On other thing, make sure you are tracking your order via the automated phone system. I found the online tracking to be very inaccurate.
2010 X5 35d, Black Sapphire / Sand Beige Nevada / Premium / Cold Weather / Tech / Rear Climate / Premium Sound / Sport Activity / Roof Rails / Running boards / iPhone Snap-in Adaptor / HUD / Comfort Access / iPod and USB / Space-Saver Spare
Old 06-22-2010, 05:18 PM
Yeaaah Baby!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cduchesne View Post
Mine won't be here for my bday tomorrow either.. I'm not expecting to see it until the 25th or later as of now. I ordered mine on 4/28 and it completed build on June 4th.. I think i can wait another 10 days. ;-)
Anything word yet cduchesne? The website and my dealer says it shows in the dealer inventory, but it really isn't. All I hear is any day now it should be here. I think you and I are "The last of the Mohicans". Seems as everyone else in the June 1st production week received theirs already.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrobb2 View Post
Anything word yet cduchesne? The website and my dealer says it shows in the dealer inventory, but it really isn't. All I hear is any day now it should be here. I think you and I are "The last of the Mohicans". Seems as everyone else in the June 1st production week received theirs already.
Happy belated birthday by the way. It's all going to be good when the day comes (which should be ANY DAY now) and you gonna be soooooo happy then. Plus you will have less miles then mine.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:28 PM
Yeaaah Baby!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgejm View Post
Happy belated birthday by the way. It's all going to be good when the day comes (which should be ANY DAY now) and you gonna be soooooo happy then. Plus you will have less miles then mine.
Thanks.
That's a good way to think of it, I'll stick in there
Old 06-22-2010, 07:38 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 35d
Just found out from my CA today that mine went into production yesterday, 6/21 with a scheduled completion of 6/29. I placed the order on 6/1. CA is expecting it around July 9th.....we shall see. I'm just happy I have a VIN. Been tired of the same recording on the 800# as well.