Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 06-28-2010, 10:28 PM
Giants84 Giants84 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Brooklyn,New York
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 218
Mein Auto: 2011 X5M, 13 x6 5.0 soon
Okay for whoever says that they cant get the XFR anymore please send me a pm and i will get you one from my dealer because that is just beyond nonsense. The 550i will not beat a supercharged XF, a supercharged XF has 470 hp and is 0-60 almost the same as an XFR.

Those lease prices you're looking at is for a fully loaded XF S/C vs a naked 550i, so how can you even compare it. A fully loaded 550i is 82k with taxes. Btw i am not a jaguar fan boy in anyway because this will be my last jag until jag stops overpricing their leases also, but for BMW to justify a 1300 a month lease on a 5 series is even more insane then what jag wants for an XFR.

The same dealer offered me a semi loaded X6 5.0 for 739 a month, so lets say you put a few more options in it will the lease go up 600 bucks, no way. I guess the 550i lease is so high because the car is new no idea why else it would be so high the car is not a rare model.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-28-2010, 10:45 PM
Sync550i Sync550i is offline
Registered User
Location: Corona
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 21
Mein Auto: 550i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants84 View Post
Okay for whoever says that they cant get the XFR anymore please send me a pm and i will get you one from my dealer because that is just beyond nonsense. The 550i will not beat a supercharged XF, a supercharged XF has 470 hp and is 0-60 almost the same as an XFR.

Those lease prices you're looking at is for a fully loaded XF S/C vs a naked 550i, so how can you even compare it. A fully loaded 550i is 82k with taxes. Btw i am not a jaguar fan boy in anyway because this will be my last jag until jag stops overpricing their leases also, but for BMW to justify a 1300 a month lease on a 5 series is even more insane then what jag wants for an XFR.

The same dealer offered me a semi loaded X6 5.0 for 739 a month, so lets say you put a few more options in it will the lease go up 600 bucks, no way. I guess the 550i lease is so high because the car is new no idea why else it would be so high the car is not a rare model.
I can get 5 right now In stock. I didn't say they were not in stock I said they were discontinuing them.
__________________
2011 550i Titanium Silver / Black Nappa Leather, Premium Pkg 2, Sport Pkg, Convenience Pkg, Dynamic Handling Pkg, Anthracite Headliner, Anthracite Wood Trim.

2013 650i Coupe Titanium Silver / Black, M-Sport.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-29-2010, 11:03 AM
TheWanderer TheWanderer is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Seattle
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 140
Mein Auto: '11 X5 5.0i m-sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwest888 View Post
+1.
What, no room for personal preference anymore? I think the Jag is boring. I really liked the older XJ line, and in fact, I like the current XJ quite a bit. I don't like the XF.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-29-2010, 11:04 AM
TheWanderer TheWanderer is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Seattle
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 140
Mein Auto: '11 X5 5.0i m-sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwest888 View Post
The X6 is really tiny inside. Don't get me wrong, it's comfortable for 4 people in the 2+2 configuration, but it's more about style than moving stuff. It has as much interior room as my Honda Insight.

My friend has a red on tan seats X6 with black Y spoke BMW wheels. He gets compliments on it all the time. Very unique ride.
Ergo, it's not really an SUV. That was my point.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-29-2010, 11:56 AM
Giants84 Giants84 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Brooklyn,New York
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 218
Mein Auto: 2011 X5M, 13 x6 5.0 soon
Wait you think the XF is boring? What can you say about the 5 series if the XF is boring...
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 06-29-2010, 11:59 AM
TheWanderer TheWanderer is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Seattle
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 140
Mein Auto: '11 X5 5.0i m-sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants84 View Post
Wait you think the XF is boring? What can you say about the 5 series if the XF is boring...
I say my preference is different from yours. Don't like it? Not my problem.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-29-2010, 01:23 PM
Giants84 Giants84 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Brooklyn,New York
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 218
Mein Auto: 2011 X5M, 13 x6 5.0 soon
I don't care about your preference, what you're telling me makes no sense whatsoever. The 5 series is extremely plain while you cant even use the word plain when talking about the xf. You obviously are a bias fan boy because to say the XF is bland is ridiculous, you probably never even see one a regular xf in person let alone the XFR.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-29-2010, 01:33 PM
TheWanderer TheWanderer is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Seattle
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 140
Mein Auto: '11 X5 5.0i m-sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants84 View Post
I don't care about your preference, what you're telling me makes no sense whatsoever. The 5 series is extremely plain while you cant even use the word plain when talking about the xf. You obviously are a bias fan boy because to say the XF is bland is ridiculous, you probably never even see one a regular xf in person let alone the XFR.
whatever my man, believe what you like.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-29-2010, 02:05 PM
Bremen Ben's Avatar
Bremen Ben Bremen Ben is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Midwest
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 710
Mein Auto: 2008 535i sport
Are we in the "I-can-bash-your-BMW-anyway-I-want-but-you-can't-say-a-thing-about-my-jag" forum now?
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-29-2010, 05:22 PM
Stone Roots's Avatar
Stone Roots Stone Roots is offline
Mugicinal Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 285
Mein Auto: 2003 E39 2009 E60
Mmmm that XFR is damn sexy....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms