E60 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series (E60 chassis) was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E60 is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Bentley Publisher Release E60/E61 5 Series Manual
For the 5 Series Do-It-Yourself (DIY) owners, today is a good day. Bentley Publisher, regarded as producing the highest quality technical manual on the market released their E60/E61 manual. If you haven't heard of the Bentley manuals perhaps you've heard of the cheaper part story brands of Chilton or Haynes? Think of this as the M5 manual next to those two Honda Civic manuals.
The BMW 5 Series (E60, E61) Service Manual: 2004-2010 contains in-depth maintenance, service and repair information for the BMW 5 Series from 2004 to 2010. The aim throughout has been simplicity and clarity, with practical explanations, step-by-step procedures and accurate specifications. Whether you're a professional or a do-it-yourself BMW owner, this manual helps you understand, care for and repair your BMW.
Check out this sample section on Front door window, removing and re-installation to get a sense of the details Bentley provides
The do-it-yourself BMW owner will find this manual indispensable as a source of detailed maintenance and repair information. Even if you have no intention of working on your vehicle, you will find that reading and owning this manual makes it possible to discuss repairs more intelligently with a professional technician.
525i and 530i
* M54 engine (2004-2005)
* N52 engine (2006-2007)
* N52K engine (2008-2010)
* N54 twin turbo engine (2008-2010)
* N62 V8 engine (2004-2005)
* N62 TU V8 engine (2006-2010)
Manual transmissions (remove, install, external service)
* Getrag GS6-17BG
* ZF GS6-37BZ , ZF GS6-53DZ
Sequential Manual Gearbox (SMG - remove, install)
* ZF GS6S37BZ, ZF GS6S53BZ
Automatic transmissions (remove, install, external service)
* ZF GA6HP19Z, GA6HP19Z TU
* ZF GA6HP26Z, GA6HP26Z TU
* Condition based service (CBS) maintenance procedures from replacing the cabin microfilter to checking and resetting service intervals. This manual tells you what to do and how and when to do it.
* Cylinder head cover gasket and crankshaft seal service (includes removal and installation of Valvetronic motor).
* Cooling system and radiator service.
* Fuel injection and ignition system diagrams and explanations.
* Information about advanced technical features such as Valvetronic, VANOS, twin turbochargers, DSC (dynamic stability control), dynamic drive (active stabilizer bars), active steering, and xDrive.
* Suspension repair procedures.
* Brakes, steering and ABS troubleshooting and repair.
* Heating and air-conditioning repair, including A/C component replacement.
* Body and hood repairs and adjustments.
* Electrical system service, with an easy-to-use illustrated component locator section.
* Comprehensive wiring schematics, including fuses and grounds.
* BMW OBD II diagnostic trouble codes, SAE-defined OBD II P-codes, as well as basic scan tool operation.
* BMW factory tolerances, wear limits, adjustments and tightening torques.
You can pick up a copy for about 2/3s the MSRP price at Amazon.com here
|Today's Posts Search|