Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E39 (1997 - 2003)

E39 (1997 - 2003)
The BMW 5-Series (E39 chassis) was introduced in the United States as a 1997 model year car and lasted until the 2004 when the E60 chassis was released. The United States saw several variations including the 525i, 528i, 530i and 540i. -- View the E39 Wiki

Old 06-14-2010, 07:40 PM
resident, old fart

Mein Auto: 2002 540i sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euclid View Post
What are the odds that ALL FOUR of my wheel sensors have gone out?

Thanks
ZERO. either re-build time or new. Your meter is suspect or you are not using it right. Replaced the battery in it recently? Just get a new module and get on with it.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:46 AM
Constantly Learning

Mein Auto: 1999 M3, 2002 M5
Quote:
What are the odds that ALL FOUR of my wheel sensors have gone out?
Close to mathematical impossibility. Get the module repaired -- lots of options discussed in this thread. I went with BBA Reman.
Fern Green 99 M3, Conforti Shark Software, Conforti CAI, Dinan Exhaust. Stamped LTWs, 235x40 square, OEM Hella heads, ///M Pedal Kit, Clear Corners, OEM Rear Spoiler, CD43 stereo. MRegistry listing here.
Le Mans 2002 M5, Black/Titanium, Rogue SSK, Dinan exhaust, PSS9 coilovers, Euro rotors, iPod integration. MRegistry listing here.

Old 06-15-2010, 03:51 PM

Mein Auto: Cayenne, 335i
Done. Thanks guys.

I just pulled the module and opened her up (knife+hammer trick, I'll have pics/suggestions regarding this later this week)
I don't see any obviously broken silver wires, and I can't barely even SEE the gold ones.
I'll get it under a microscope some time this week (for repair, also) and report back here with pics/findings.

Last edited by Euclid; 06-15-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:27 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 04/98 528
how do I open the connector for '98 528?

For my 04/1998 528, I can slide the ABS harness connector up about 1/2" but unable to open it.

I can see two, thin rigid tabs, one on each side but didn't force them for fear of breakage.

I saw the DIY for a similar connector but that was mounted horizontally and looks a little different.

Can someone tell me the trick in opening this little box?

Last edited by tspeed; 06-17-2010 at 01:37 PM. Reason: pics added
Old 06-18-2010, 08:12 AM

Mein Auto: '03 530 Spor
Can I swap modules from two cars to test?

The '03 530 has the dreaded 3 lights. They don't come on immediately, but I do get them after a little bit of driving.

Can I grab the ABS module from my '00 540 and put it in the 530 to test if the problem is with the module?

What does the VIN coding do? If I'm able to put the module from the 540 in the 530, can I drive it like that while the I'm getting the other module rebuilt?

Thanks,

\ Henrik
2003 530i Sport Titanium Silver
1990 Porsche 944S2 Cab Red
1989 Porsche 928S4 Baltic Blue (For Sale)
1982 Porsche 911SC White 46K original miles (For Sale)
Old 06-18-2010, 08:20 AM
Past Sponsor

Mein Auto: 00 540i/6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8dane View Post
The '03 530 has the dreaded 3 lights. They don't come on immediately, but I do get them after a little bit of driving.

Can I grab the ABS module from my '00 540 and put it in the 530 to test if the problem is with the module?

What does the VIN coding do? If I'm able to put the module from the 540 in the 530, can I drive it like that while the I'm getting the other module rebuilt?

Thanks,

\ Henrik
Unfortunately, that won't work. The module is coded to your car and will not work in another car.

You can drive your 530 without the module while you send it in and try to have it repaired. Good luck!
Old 06-19-2010, 05:15 AM
Seek to understand,^Value

Mein Auto: 02 BMW 525i M54 auto 130K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euclid View Post
On all 4 sensors I'm reading infinite resistance ... I tested it on a zener I had laying around.
As others said, you're most likely using the meter wrong. In addition, a zener is a special type of diode intended to be used in the reverse-bias direction breakdown region, so, I'd test your meter using a normal 1N2001 style diode (available at Radio Shack).

In the canonical ABS DIY, there is a section on reading the meters ...

Old 06-21-2010, 12:51 AM

This is an excellent thread on the BMW ABS control module & sensors.

Among other tidbits, the following was referenced:
  • BMW's four wheel-speed sensors are in constant contact with all four wheels, providing greater accuracy than systems that use just three sensors. Each sensor carries accurate feedback from a specific wheel independently. A three-sensor system provides an average wheel-speed figure for rear wheels. This average reading can be inaccurate when one side of the car is on dry pavement and the other is on ice.
  • BMW's ABS pulsates 12 - 15 times per second while some competitors use less effective systems that pulsate as little as four times a second. The pulsation represents a cycle in which pressure is first released from a particular wheel that has begun to lock and then allowed to resume. The faster the cycle, the closer you are to achieving maximum braking efficiency.
  • BMW's ABS also provides "yaw control," which keeps the car's back end from swinging to the side, by providing the proper balance between maximum braking and stability when one side of the car is on ice and the other is on dry pavement.
  • BMW's state-of-the-art ABS works in harmony with other active safety elements to provide accurate steering, perfectly balanced handling and Automatic Stability Control + Traction, which ensures wheels always maintain optimum contact with the road. In fact, the wheel-speed sensors that detect and prevent brakes from locking are also used in BMW's ASC+T to detect and prevent wheels from spinning.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:45 PM

Mein Auto: '03 530 Spor
I have the same problem as Euclid. I get no reading on my DMM on any of the pairs. I've tried reversing the leads and I've tried on both of my E39s (only one has the ABS / DSC problem), but the results are the same. I've used paper clips, safety pins and finally the recommended 20awg solid wire and I've wiggled and reset them over and over again; still nothing. I've tried two different DMMs with diode testers and I purchased a 1N4001 diode today to test my meter. It reads just fine (infinite in one direction and .610V drop in the other).

What gives? Is there a special pre-routine that needs to be followed? Does the engine need to be running? (That didn't make much sense, but I tried it anyway). Does the key need to be in a certain position? Do I need to cross my fingers and stand on one leg? No matter what I do, I can't seem to get any readings on any of the pairs listed (and yes, I double checked the numbers of the female connectors - I was able to get a reading on one pair, but that's when I had the plug upside down so I was reading 40 and 24 instead...).

Any guesses?

Thanks,

\ Henrik
2003 530i Sport Titanium Silver
1990 Porsche 944S2 Cab Red
1989 Porsche 928S4 Baltic Blue (For Sale)
1982 Porsche 911SC White 46K original miles (For Sale)
Old 06-23-2010, 06:28 AM

Mein Auto: 528i 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_n00b13 View Post
I might, tomorrow, if my mom lets me steal her camera and pull my wheels off. I believe QSilver7 may have some of the pics. The first attachment is the DSC connector in the car. The silver part is the hydro unit; the black part (also featured in the second image) is the module, which I believe to be the repair kit.

- #1 Hydro unit, ASC ===> $2,775 + $277 (~10% tax) = $3,052
That seems to be the hedgehog-like bit that the ASC control unit bolts on to; i.e. the milled aluminium part.
- #2 Repair kit, control unit ASC ===> $1,120 + $112 (~10% tax) = $1,232
Plastic bit that everyone sends in. The "module". As far as I can tell. Very expensive apparently; shouldn't be that much. If it comes to it, email Jared.
- 2x sensors front ===> $134 x 2 = $268 + $27 (~10% tax) = $295
- 2x sensors rear ===> $201 x 2 = = $402 + $40 (~10% tax) = $442
You saw them when you did the brakes. BMW will probably charge an hr labour. A child could do it once the wheel is off. It's technical like an oil change

You have DSC. Not ASC. Don't mix them up! The ASC module is much more expensive than the DSC afaik. There's several major differences as well. The dealer should've pointed this out if you called about an '02.

So my 2000 528i has DSC instead of ASC? Where can I find the part price for ABS model?
Old 06-23-2010, 06:36 AM
Past Sponsor

Mein Auto: 00 540i/6
Here's the DSC modules.
https://eactuning.com/e39-e38-z8-abs...nit-p-426.html

Look at the button on your dash. Does it say ASC or DSC?
Old 06-23-2010, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takechan View Post
Hi,

In the end I changed the left front bearing (another possible solution, cheaper than refurbishing the control unit) because I got one almost new very cheap, which solved the problem. The magnetic ring had somehow become damaged, so that the speed sensor would get faulty readings. I had a problem with the ABS/DSC warnings appear and dissapear. Compared to the ABS control unit it seems very rare for people to have broken magnetic rings, but sometimes it happens!

Oh and great job on the DYI!
I saw this in this long post. He said the " left front bearing " caused the lights problem. I can remember last month I did a free checking at the dealer, after that the DSC light on, and after ten days the other two lights also on. The man said "both front tension arm bushings torn and leaking-$770.00", and he pulled the front driver side tire hardly to show me it has some movement. Will this cause any problem?

I'm also wondering if speed sensor damaged, can speedmeter still working? Normally the lights will on after drive several miles, today after a heavy rain, it was on after I started the car.

Last edited by truelies; 06-23-2010 at 03:00 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540iman View Post
Just clear your error-or error history.
Just wondering how did you guys pass inspection when 3 lights on. If I clear the code with discount battery for 3 minutes just before go to inspection, will car inspection report "not ready" on my BMW?

Last edited by truelies; 06-24-2010 at 07:07 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truelies View Post
Just wondering how did you guys pass inspection when 3 lights on. If I clear the code with discount battery for 3 minutes just before go to inspection, will car inspection report "not ready" on my BMW?
Don't know about Texas, but, in California, you can not pass "smog" inspection with any dash warning lights or any stored codes or any cleared codes.

So, even though nothing is actually wrong with the car (after you rebuild your ABS), you can still fail California inspection testing!

Ask me how I know ...

Old 06-24-2010, 12:44 PM

But currently I didn't rebuild the ABS, it still on my car. I will do following:

1. In the morning drive to inspection place with low speed. 3 lights will on after 6 miles. So I will select a station within it.

2. Not clear the code with discount battery.

3. I already check with ODBII scanner, no code for my car.

Bluebee, do you think I can pass it this way?
Old 07-03-2010, 05:05 PM

I don't have carsoft or Peak. I am wondering why do you need those to test the speed sensor. I tried a regular code scanner from autozone. No code, does that mean my abs needs rebuild?
Old 07-13-2010, 01:05 AM

Mein Auto: 1998 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1val View Post
BlueBee.......540 iman...For everybody...!!!!

I did,.... but connector looks totally different.I measured in diode mode - mostly 1,043 v, 1,063 v(reverse)...Big headache..Any idea ?????
Thanks!!!
http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/z...e/DSC06507.jpg
http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/z...e/DSC06508.jpg
I am having the same vertical plug on my 528i. Did you ever figure out what pin is what?
Old 07-13-2010, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softtouch View Post
I am having the same vertical plug on my 528i. Did you ever figure out what pin is what?
Did you guys see post number 142 to about 147 in this thread?

Old 07-13-2010, 07:49 PM

Yes, I saw your post, but there's still no pin layout, so I dont know how to test the sensors with that plug using a multi meter.

Last edited by softtouch; 07-13-2010 at 07:56 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Yes, I saw your post, but there's still no pin layout
OK. Good point.

The pin layout is probably in the electrical Bentleys (notice these two lines in this post in the same thread we're in now):
- For DSC pinouts, see Volume II, page ELE-15 of ABS/DSC controle module (A65) (2 sensors in the front and 2 in the rear)
- For ASC pinouts, see Volume II, page ELE-21 of ABS/ASC controle module (A52) (only 1 sensor in the front and 1 in the rear)

I got my pinout information (DSC) from Bill (540iman) if I remember correctly, so I never looked in the Bentleys (my electrical Bentley was buried in the move at the time).

Those with that vertical connector, if they had their ABS go out, probably knows the pin layout ... so, we can wait for one of them to provide the pinout.

Or, we could guess ... There are 15 slots, of which 12 are used judging from the picture above. Of those 12, eight must be for the four sensors, assuming you have four sensors like I do.

Another way to test them is to test your sensors at the wheel; it's more time consuming, but it's better than waiting for someone to respond with the pinout.

Last edited by bluebee; 07-15-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:52 PM
resident, old fart

Mein Auto: 2002 540i sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebee View Post

Another way to test them is to test your sensors at the wheel; it's more time consuming, but, it's better than waiting for someone to respond with the pinout.
I love it when someone pays attention and then uses their head to come-up with a work-around! Bluebee is exactly correct. You want to check your speed sensors for physical damage, dirty contacts at the end of the sensor pigtail, etc. Remove your wheel, remove bolt(s) holding the sensor in and then comes the hard part. The sensor requires no power other than what comes out of your VOM. You can test on the mega-ohm scale and you should get a difference forward and reverse biased in the general area of about 3 meg in one direction and about double in the other. You should get results in the diode position if you are making proper connection. The sensor is truly difficult to get your meter leads down in the connector to test. I took some wire from a spare resister and wound it about 2 turns around a safety pin and then left the other end straight. You can hold the end on this wire with a round winding on the other end and placed over the sensor pins so they will now electrically protrude above the sensor and get a reading. Just look for one sensor that reads vastly different from the other three. Depending on your meter impedance, and whether you use resistance setting or diode, don't sweat your readings, but they should read different depending on which meter lead is connected to which pin and then reverse biased and the sensors should all check very close. If one shows a short or an open and none of the others do, you will know which sensor is suspect. I really suspect that if you test in this fashion and know you are on the sensor pins, in the diode position you will be open in one direction and have a 1-2 volt reading in the other. If they all don't test as such, replace that one.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540iman View Post
If they all don't test as such, replace that one.
Bill's right. In addition, he has posted a most-sensible summary of the rationale of testing the sensors ... even down to listing the "thought process" involved in determining good versus bad sensor test (contrasted with a bad multi-meter setup).

Anyway, I don't know why I do these things, but I unboxed my pristine electrical Bently, headed over to pages ELE-15 to ELE-18 (for DSC) and to pages ELE-21 to ELE-27 (for ASC), listing in text what the wiring diagrams showed me.

ELE-15, ABS/Traction Control, ABS/DSC control module (A65), (1 of 4):
Pin 1 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 4.0 BR --> X1106
Pin 2 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 4.0 VI --> X27 F108 50A
Pin 3 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 2.5 SW/GN --> Pin 2 of M118 Precharge pump
Pin 4 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 2.5 SW/BR --> Pin 1 of M118 Precharge pump, X1656
Pin 5 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 2.5 BR --> X1106
Pin 6 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 2.5 RT/SW --> Pin 60 of X10015 F30 25A
Pin 8 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 0.5 BL/WS/GE --> Pin 5 of B75 Yaw sensor
Pin 9 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 0.5 BL/WS/GE --> Pin 2 of B75 Yaw sensor
Pin 10 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 0.5 WS/BL/GE --> Pin 1 of B75 Yaw sensor
Pin 21 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 0.5 SW/RT/GE --> Pin 6 of B75 Yaw sensor
Pin 23 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 0.75 RT/SW --> Pin 62 of X10015 F31 10A
Pin 39 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 0.5 WS/GE --> Pin 3 of B75 Yaw sensor

ELE-15, ABS/Traction Control, ABS/DSC control module (A65), (2 of 4):
Pin 11 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 0.35 WS/VI --> X183
Pin 41 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 0.5 BR/SW/GE --> Pin 4 of X1653 B75 Yaw sensor
Pin 12 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 0.5 RT --> Pin 1 of X114, B2 Left front speed sensor
Pin 28 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 0.5 BL/RT --> Pin 2 of X114, B2 Left front speed sensor
Pin 13 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 0.5 BL/WS --> Pin 2 of X376, B4 Left rear speed sensor
Pin 29 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 0.5 WS --> Pin 1 of X376, B4 Left rear speed sensor
Pin 15 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 0.5 BL/GE --> Pin 2 of X113, B1 Right front speed sensor
Pin 16 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 0.5 GE --> Pin 1 of X113, B1 Right front speed sensor

Pin 16 (without IKE) = 0.5 GE --> J5, Pin 16 of X11175

ELE-15, ABS/Traction Control, ABS/DSC control module (A65), (3 of 4):
Pin 18 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 0.35 GE/WS --> X10184 --> X10184 --> Pin 24 of X991, A53 Control module, headlight vertical aim control
Pin 18 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 0.35 GE/WS --> X10184 --> X1310 --> Pin 11 of X1312, A112 Control module, navigation
Pin 19 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 0.35 GE/GN --> Pin 22 of X60004, A6000 DME control module
Pin 25 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 0.75 WS/BL --> Pin 1 of X1654, B76 Pressure sensor
Pin 26 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 0.75 BL/WS --> Pin 2 of X1654, B76 Pressure sensor
Pin 42 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 0.75 SW/VI --> Pin 3 of X1654, B76 Pressure sensor
Pin 17 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 0.35 GR/SW --> J5, Pin 15 of X16, A2 Instrument cluster
Pin 24 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 0.5 GE/SW --> X18836
Pin 40 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 0.5 GE/BR --> X18835
Pin 27 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 0.5 SW/GE --> Pin 16 of X1869, A169 Switching center

ELE-15, ABS/Traction Control, ABS/DSC control module (A65), (4 of 4):
Pin 30 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 0.5 BL/GN --> Pin 2 of X377, B3 Right rear speed sensor
Pin 31 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 0.5 GN --> Pin 1 of X377, B3 Right rear speed sensor

Pin 34 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 0.5 BR/RT --> X1101
Pin 35 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 0.35 GE/RT, X1746 --> Pin X10183 --> Pin 30 of X945, A80 EDC control module
Pin 35 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 0.35 GE/RT, X1746 --> X10183 --> Pin 1 of X131- --> Pin 10 of X1312, A112 Control module navigation
Pin 32 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 0.35 BL/RT --> X181
Pin 36 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 0.35 BR/GN/GE, X1746 --> X1123

ELE-21, ABS/Traction Control, ABS/ASC Power, (1 of 1):
Pin 1 ABS/ASC control module, A52 = 4.0 BR --> X1106
Pin 5 ABS/ASC control module, A52, X1170 = 2.5 BR --> X1106
Pin 2 ABS/ASC control module, A52 = 4.0 RT --> X27, F108 25A
Pin 6 ABS/ASC control module, A52 = 2.5 RT/SW --> Pin 60 X10015, F30 25A
Pin 23 ABS/ASC control module, A52 = 0.75 RT/WS --> Pin 62 X10015, F31 10A
Pin 11 ABS/ASC control module, A52, X1170 = 0.35 WS/VI --> X183, Pin 20 of X6002

ELE-25, ABS/Traction Control, ABS/ASC rear wheel speed sensors, (1 of 1):
Pin 31 ABS/ASC control module, A52 = 0.5 GN --> Pin 1 of B3 Right rear speed sensor
Pin 30 ABS/ASC control module, A52 = 0.5 BL/GN --> X377, Pin 2 of B3 Right rear speed sensor
Pin 29 ABS/ASC control module, A52 = 0.5 WS --> Pin 1 of B4 Left rear speed sensor
Pin 13 ABS/ASC control module, A52, X1170 = 0.5 BL/WS --> X376, Pin 2 of B4 Left rear speed sens
or

ELE-27, ABS/Traction Control, ABS/ASC front wheel speed sensors, (1 of 1):
Pin 16 ABS/ASC control module, A52 = 0.5 GE --> Pin 1 of B1 Right front speed sensor
Pin 15 ABS/ASC control module, A52 = 0.5 BL/GE --> X113, Pin 2 of B1 Right front speed sensor
Pin 12 ABS/ASC control module, A52 = 0.5 RT --> Pin 1 of B2 Left front speed sensor
Pin 28 ABS/ASC control module, A52, X1170 = 0.5 BL/RT --> X114, Pin 2 of B2 Left front speed sensor

After all that, I'm not sure what value this adds to the general picture.
To help, can someone decipher what all that cryptic stuff above from the wiring diagram actually means to us?

Last edited by bluebee; 07-16-2010 at 11:32 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:54 PM

I guess the best solution would be to just remove the wheels, and check the sensors at the wheels. It could be even possible that the wire has a problem, and when testing at the connector, I might think the sensor is bad when in fact the wire is bad.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:44 AM

Quote:
I guess the best solution would be to just remove the wheels, and check the sensors at the wheels.
That would be the quickest. I can't help much more 'cuz I don't have the connector you have.

Quote:
when testing at the connector, I might think the sensor is bad when in fact the wire is bad.
Indeed. BTW, notice my pictures of the (blue) ABS/DSC control module connector with the annotated numbers, from 1 to 42.

Can you snap a similar picture of your white ABS control module connector and let us know the numbering scheme embossed on the connector. I'm a bit confused because the ABS/ASC wiring diagram goes up to 31 but I only counted half that in the picture shown.

ABS/Traction Control, ABS/DSC (blue):
Pin 12 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 0.5 RT --> Pin 1 of X114, B2 Left front speed sensor
Pin 28 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 0.5 BL/RT --> Pin 2 of X114, B2 Left front speed sensor
Pin 13 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 0.5 BL/WS --> Pin 2 of X376, B4 Left rear speed sensor
Pin 29 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 0.5 WS --> Pin 1 of X376, B4 Left rear speed sensor
Pin 15 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 0.5 BL/GE --> Pin 2 of X113, B1 Right front speed sensor
Pin 16 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 0.5 GE --> Pin 1 of X113, B1 Right front speed sensor
Pin 30 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 0.5 BL/GN --> Pin 2 of X377, B3 Right rear speed sensor
Pin 31 ABS/DSC control module, A65 = 0.5 GN --> Pin 1 of X377, B3 Right rear speed sensor

ABS/Traction Control, ABS/ASC (white):
Pin 31 ABS/ASC control module, A52 = 0.5 GN --> Pin 1 of B3 Right rear speed sensor
Pin 30 ABS/ASC control module, A52 = 0.5 BL/GN --> X377, Pin 2 of B3 Right rear speed sensor
Pin 29 ABS/ASC control module, A52 = 0.5 WS --> Pin 1 of B4 Left rear speed sensor
Pin 13 ABS/ASC control module, A52, X1170 = 0.5 BL/WS --> X376, Pin 2 of B4 Left rear speed sens
or

Pin 16 ABS/ASC control module, A52 = 0.5 GE --> Pin 1 of B1 Right front speed sensor
Pin 15 ABS/ASC control module, A52 = 0.5 BL/GE --> X113, Pin 2 of B1 Right front speed sensor
Pin 12 ABS/ASC control module, A52 = 0.5 RT --> Pin 1 of B2 Left front speed sensor
Pin 28 ABS/ASC control module, A52, X1170 = 0.5 BL/RT --> X114, Pin 2 of B2 Left front speed sensor

I'm confused why there are (at least) 30 pins in the white ABS/ASC connector when I can only see about half that many???
Old 07-16-2010, 08:56 AM

My car is currently in the shop and I have no access until Monday. By then, I will provide pictures.