Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 07-21-2010, 03:01 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 550i
Colors colors colors

Well, I took my wife to look at colors for my new 550i (want to involve her because she's a little peeved that I'm getting a new car as she feels my 7er is just fine). She likes the darker colors and to my surprise likes the black interior. So my questions:

1. Anyone have/seen a Dark Graphite Metallic with black interior?
2. How does Jet Black compare to the Black Sapphire Metallic? I have the Black Sapphire now, and I'd guess that Jet Black looks like a deeper black without the grayish, sparkle hue? I can't find a new 5er in Jet black in person. I guess Jet Black is offered in other series though, right?

I still dig the Silver with black too, but ultimately, I want the car for way it drives, and I think I'll be more than happy any of these colors.

Thanks!
Advertisement
Old 07-21-2010, 07:54 PM

Mein Auto: N/A
Not sure if you have checked out 5Post.com, but here's an external link to a few of Dark Graphite Metallic with black interior:

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329658

You may also want to check out this thread:

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366814

-----

The local coffee shop/bar owner near I live has a Dark Graphite 760Li with a black interior, and you can obviously tell that the exterior is much lighter even in direct sunlight. It's almost a light black, I know it sounds weird, but I think it's an awesome color.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daaavid View Post
Not sure if you have checked out 5Post.com, but here's an external link to a few of Dark Graphite Metallic with black interior:

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329658

You may also want to check out this thread:

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366814

-----

The local coffee shop/bar owner near I live has a Dark Graphite 760Li with a black interior, and you can obviously tell that the exterior is much lighter even in direct sunlight. It's almost a light black, I know it sounds weird, but I think it's an awesome color.
Thanks, I flipped through the pictures really quick but I didn't see any black interior. Am I missing it or is there another link through these that get you to it? The Cinnamon doesn't look too bad, but as I've posted in other areas, it looks a lot darker in person than in most pictures I've seen. DMG and Cinnamon would maybe be a cool combo though.

Last edited by Bunky; 07-22-2010 at 04:40 AM.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:58 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i, Mini Cooper S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
Thanks, I flipped through the pictures really quick but I didn't see any black interior. Am I missing it or is there another link through these that get you to it? The Cinnamon doesn't look too bad, but as I've posted in other areas, it looks a lot darker in person than in most pictures I've seen. DMG and Cinnamon would maybe be a cool combo though.
I have dark graphite with black interior on my 535i and really like it. I debated between black interior and the oyster/black and finally decided on black. It looks good and is low maintenance.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasMike View Post
I have dark graphite with black interior on my 535i and really like it. I debated between black interior and the oyster/black and finally decided on black. It looks good and is low maintenance.
Thanks DallasMike! You wouldn't happen to have any pictures that you could post? I think I'll try and get the DGM with black or a black on black. If that doesn't work, then I can fall back on Silver with black or just go with the DGM with oyster that seem to be everywhere at the dealerships.