Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:04 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: ...
Want New Fog Surrounds - best place to buy them??

My car has around 70K miles on it and has been through some harsh Pacific NW weather. I really want to replace the OEM black plastic piece that goes around the fog lights. The original ones are starting to discolor...
My dealership is quite the drive for me. I was wondering if there is a good place on-line where I could order these up easily. I did a google search and I'm having a heck of a time finding this part. Thanks.

Silver Grey Coupe -- Breyton Race GTS 19" Wheels - Eibach 18mm Wheel Spacers - Eibach Springs - Magnaflow X-Pipe - Straight Pipe Exhaust (resonator & muffler delete) - Matte Black Grille - MGP satin finish Caliper Covers - 5% Tint - iPod Integration - LED Halos - 8K Xenons - 6K Fogs - White Exterior Turn Signal Bulbs - ACS Pedals - K&N Filter - Debadged Rear - Black Painted Tails & Headlamps - Lumma Roof Spoiler - 3M Di-Noc CF Wrapped Trim, Roof, Roof Spoiler & Fog Surrounds
Ads by Google
Old 07-25-2010, 06:51 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 650i
Can't clean them up with a good scrubbing and some armor-all? They are unpainted black plastic. Maybe use some headlight restoration plastic polish? Just a couple ideas...

06' 650i/8K lighting/custom angel eye fogs/3M clear bra/ACS pedals/JL 8W7 and Earthquake SWS-8Xs/black wrapped roof/custom lighted door sills
Old 07-26-2010, 07:22 AM

Mein Auto: 07 650i Convertible
have them painted body color...
HUD, Cold Weather and Sports Package
Logic 7 Sound
Aluminum Racing Pedals
K&N Air Filters
Rays Master Piece REM 20" Forged wheels w/ Conti Extreme DWS
Old 07-26-2010, 12:46 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 650 Coupe
getbmwparts.com is one place. Also check the site sponsors.

2012 650 Coupe - Alpine White / Black Interior / M Package / Premium Sound
Previous Bimmers:
2008 650i Convertible - Monaco Blue / Saddle Brown Pearl Leather / Premium Sound / Sport / Cold / Comfort Access / Lane Departure / HD Radio / Sat Radio
2004 645Ci Convertible - Reverse Sensors / Reverse Camera / Retro iPod
2005 545i Sedan
2003 330Ci Convertible
2001 330Ci Coupe
1998 323i Convertible
1995 318i Sedan
Old 07-26-2010, 12:54 PM
Yup.

Mein Auto: Cars
if you go down the restoration route, id recommend the BacktoBlack product, which is specifically for black trim pieces. Works very well, and is an easy application - however if your housing is dented or has micro abrasions from front impacts, then perhaps you may indeed want to replace them.

Maserati GT 4.2
Range Rover 4.4
Dodge Ram 1500

PAST: ALPINA B7, e63, e39, e39, e36
Old 07-26-2010, 02:10 PM

Mein Auto: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossy View Post
if you go down the restoration route, id recommend the BacktoBlack product, which is specifically for black trim pieces. Works very well, and is an easy application - however if your housing is dented or has micro abrasions from front impacts, then perhaps you may indeed want to replace them.
They're pretty peppered from daily driving... Luckilly my bumper is ok since I have a clearbra. The fog surrounds feel like incredibly rough sandpaper. I'll be replacing them. Thanks for everyones input.
Silver Grey Coupe -- Breyton Race GTS 19" Wheels - Eibach 18mm Wheel Spacers - Eibach Springs - Magnaflow X-Pipe - Straight Pipe Exhaust (resonator & muffler delete) - Matte Black Grille - MGP satin finish Caliper Covers - 5% Tint - iPod Integration - LED Halos - 8K Xenons - 6K Fogs - White Exterior Turn Signal Bulbs - ACS Pedals - K&N Filter - Debadged Rear - Black Painted Tails & Headlamps - Lumma Roof Spoiler - 3M Di-Noc CF Wrapped Trim, Roof, Roof Spoiler & Fog Surrounds
Old 07-26-2010, 09:42 PM

Mein Auto: 07 650i Convertible
consider 3m carbon fiber vinyl... I saw one at bimmerfest and unless you look really close looks like real CF... even had a mild texture to it...

and in a year or so when the viny gets damaged... replace again...

shold be easy to apply as well...
HUD, Cold Weather and Sports Package
Logic 7 Sound
Aluminum Racing Pedals
K&N Air Filters
Rays Master Piece REM 20" Forged wheels w/ Conti Extreme DWS