Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 07-13-2010, 06:48 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 550i
Cinnamon Brown Leather? Black leather and heat

Anyone here have Cinnamon brown leather, and if so, do you like it? I thought I was going to pair the Titanium Silver Metallic with it (different, I know), but when I looked at the actual color in person, it's way darker than when building your own on bmwusa.com.

Also, how is the black interior as far as heat and dirt? I've never owned a car with black interior, and I haven't been drawn to it ever, but it would be a nice contrast to a silver exterior.

One of the dealerships has a Dark Graphite Metallic with that black/oyster combo. The interior is sharp. All the mid to upper priced lot 550is in the midwest seem to be that Dark Graphite Metallic w/ black/oyster interior. They all have the Premium 2, Sport, Sport Auto tranny, Cold Weather and DHP, but they also have HUD and those side cameras (I'd rather spend $2100 on something else).

I was wearing polarized sunglasses when I did my test drive, and I couldn't really see the HUD, so that makes that option relative useless for me (during the day). Anyone else had this experience?
Ads by Google
Old 07-13-2010, 07:56 PM

Mein Auto: X6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
Anyone here have Cinnamon brown leather, and if so, do you like it? I thought I was going to pair the Titanium Silver Metallic with it (different, I know), but when I looked at the actual color in person, it's way darker than when building your own on bmwusa.com.
I came very close to ordering Cinnamon leather (and a Black headliner) with Titanium Silver on my 550i, but just couldn't do it. I've still yet to see Cinnamon in person (and every picture looks different from the others), so I was just too nervous about making a mistake. Part of me thinks I'm going to regret it, but I know I'll like the Black interior, too.

2014 BMW X6 ///M | SpaceGray/BlackPerforatedFullMerino/CarbonLeather
2014 BMW 328xi Touring M-Sport | GlacierSilver/BlackDakota/DarkBurlWalnut
2014 BMW X6 35i M-Perf | TitaniumSilver/BlackNappa/DarkBamboo [wife's ride]

BMW HISTORY | '13 650xiGC, '12 650xi, '11 535xi, '11 X6 50i, '09 750i, '09 328xiT, '08 650i, '07 750i, '07 X5 4.8i, '06 650i, '05 745i, '05 325xiT, '03 745i, '02 745i, '01 325Cic, '01 X5 4.4i, and on...
Old 07-13-2010, 08:41 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 550XI
My current vehicle is black/black (Infiniti M35x). Looks great and the seats are heated/cooled so the comfort factor is OK. It does take a while for the seats to cool down on a hot day and in a suit it gets uncomfortable but bearable.

My problem with black is that it attracts dust so much....we also have cottonwood trees here in the Mountain West which create a fluff and "dander" that requires consistent cleaning.

I think it looks really tight to have black/black but for me, i'm going back to lighter interior...as a matter of fact, buying the exact car color scheme you describe....oyster/black interior with the anthracite, graphite exterior. Also tired of cleaning the black exterior although it's still my favorite color when clean on almost any car.

If you go dark, spend that 2100 on the cooled seats would be my suggestion, or just bear it for 3 months/year (dependng upon where you live)

As for the HUD, I saw the same thing. My sales guy told me that it's a known issue with polarized glasses, you weren't crazy. I skipped it when ordering the car as most of my shades are polarized....
Old 07-15-2010, 09:30 AM

Mein Auto: F10 550i
I have the cinnamon brown interior, anthracite headliner, and sapphire black exterior. I'm pleased with the configuration except the black exterior which takes a lot of time to keep spotless. The cinnamon brown is more unique is the reason I like it.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:33 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 550i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWTX View Post
I have the cinnamon brown interior, anthracite headliner, and sapphire black exterior. I'm pleased with the configuration except the black exterior which takes a lot of time to keep spotless. The cinnamon brown is more unique is the reason I like it.
I agree. I wanted to get it, but after seeing it, I don't think I'm gonna pair it with Titanium Silver Metallic. It is a cool color though. I'm thinking a lighter colored car this time because I've had a Black Sapphire and Space Gray my last two cars.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:17 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 550ix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky View Post

Also, how is the black interior as far as heat and dirt? I've never owned a car with black interior, and I haven't been drawn to it ever, but it would be a nice contrast to a silver exterior.
-snip-
Well of course this is just IMO, but I would never have anything but dark-colored upholstery. Yes, it MIGHT get a little warmer than with a lighter-color, dust neither I nor wifey have noticed (and, believe me, wifey is a friggin' PhD when it comes to cleanliness), but in my experience lighter-colored material gets dirty, quickly, and looks it (e.g. sweat in a pair of blue jeans and then drive the car for a while). If you have the time and don't mind being particular about cleaning the interior, then fine. But dirt should be at least a consideration.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:17 PM

Mein Auto: 07 Z4, 77 Porsche, 11 528
My Experience

I have had black on black. Thought it would be unbearable here in AZ. Wound up, it didn't seem much warmer than my lighter colored interiors. Obviously, it had to be. I think the tinted glass and rear window shade helped a lot. Yes, black shows dust, especially in the crevices, but nothing a damp cloth won't handle. Easier to clean than the light gray door kick panels on my 535. Need chemicals to clean them.

On another note, today I planned on ordering a 2011 528i, Alpine White over Cinnamon. Exactly what I wanted was on my dealers manifest, so I actually am getting it out of stock when it arrives in late August.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:29 PM

Mein Auto: F10 550i
When I ordered my car back in March, I think Cinnamon Brown was a Priority 1 option that dealers could not order except for a customer. I wish I had ordered the Alpine White instead of the Sapphire Black. I think you will be happy with the Cinnamon interior. BMW says that Cinnamon will go with all the exterior colors except beige and green.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:01 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 528i
Dominoaz,

Congratulations on your choice, mine is a bit bland and I ordered a 528i Alpine White with the beige interior. It is on the Rhea Leader ship somewhere between the Panama Canal and Baja… at least I think it is.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:47 PM

Mein Auto: 08 650i, 07 530i, 06 330i
I love the new F10 and think Cinnamon Brown on Silver would look terrific. Any used car I've ever considered with this shade of interior seems to sell fast because it is so unique compared to most.

I think this color interior would go with just about any color of exterior except for a dark red which is not even available in the F10...yet.

The think I don't like about black interiors is the fact that they show grimy dirt and other crumbs so much more than my other 2 BMW interior colors. A good example is the steering wheel. I have to constantly try and keep the whiteish grime off mine and other surfaces in my cars. The heat factor doesn't seem to be that much of an issue.

The only benefit I can think of with black is that the floor mats only need vacuuming to look like new.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:10 AM

Send a message via AIM to Ronsell
Mein Auto: 2011 528i
I have the black interior and really prefer it over lighter colors. I had a grey interior previously (loved the color), but it
did tend to show dirt and grime more so than darker interiors. True, black does show dust, but it is easily removed
with a damp cloth.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:33 AM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Just another comment. I have Black Sapphire and Terra (which is basically Cinnamon) in my 335i and I just ordered a 535i with Black Sapphire and Cinnamon. The color is a bit hard to get just right in photos, but I think it's a nice combo. I was really torn between Cinnamon and Oyster/Black, for something different, but in the end I stuck with the darker color. I have had many cars with lighter interiors and I found that caring for my Terra/Cinnamon was so much easier. I've only cleaned the seats about 3 times over the 2.5 years I've had my 335i and they look brand new.

Tell you the truth, all the colors look good, that's why I had such a hard time with my decision this time around. Good luck with any decision you make.

2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm