Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 07-27-2010, 11:55 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 335i
Question 2011 BMW 535xi

Hi all

Im new to this forum a few questions:
1. Im about to start negotiating with the local dealer for a 2011 535xi. Would anyone have invoice and MSRP prices? Including for the various packages/options? The dealer is saying a late September early October delivery

2. Also, the money factor (0.0023?) and residual rate (60%?) -- was thinking of doing a 3 year / 12000 miles-a-year lease

3. would $1,500 above invoice be a decent price? I noticed that a few members had gotten this and I was going to target that?

Thx!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soon : 2011 535xi : Black sapphire/cinnamon brown, cold weather, premium, sports, head-up, navigation, park distance/rear view

Current : 2007 335i: Black sapphire/saddle brown, sports, cold weather, premium, navigation
Ads by Google
Old 07-27-2010, 06:15 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 550i
1. You can find invoice prices on any of the big websites (ie edmunds.com). Make sure when you talk with the dealer(s), you are using the same definition of "invoice," because many of them will act like they have never heard invoice pricing on the internet, and will tell you what their "invoice" price is. Usually it's a BS piece of paper, and it will have extra charges on there for advertisting or heck, whatever they want. You may find it easier to pick a price you are comfortable with and not even talk about "invoice" pricing. I've been shown pieces of paper to make me feel like I'm stealing a given car/truck, but it's just a ploy... stick to your guns and you'll find someone hungry to sell at the price you want (as long as you are within reason).

2. As far as I know the buy rate on the 535i and 550i is still 0.0023. The dealers can mark up it up to 0.0027. When I started out everyone was there, but eventually one dealer caved and then they all did to the 0.0023. When I was looking at 535i and 550i, the residual was 60% for a 535i for 3yr/12k. I'm sure someone will chime in on this. I decided to go with the 550i, and when I first started, the residual on a 3yr/12k lease was 56%, but somewhere this month, BMW bumped it to 57%, so perhaps the 535i moved up to 61%, but I don't know. All of the dealers have been forthcoming with residual %s when asking. I don't think that's a place where they can fib to make money. There is another place on the forums to ask about/find this stuff: I started here at

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=467512

3. Again, it matters what the definition of "invoice price" is. If it's $1500 over an edmunds.com price, that is decent I'd say, but I also think you can get even lower depending on the car and where you live. I'm at $500 over invoice right now, but one of the dealers is offering to sell at invoice price, however his number is $450 above the internet invoice prices so technically it's still basically $500 over invoice.

There are car buying services out there (USAA, Costco, American Express, etc.) that will start you at the a given $ amount over invoice if you google that. Again, just make sure they define the price for you.

I've approached this by asking all of the dealers to give me all the numbers and then tell them if we have the same numbers the monthly payment will be exactly the same.

Good luck!

Last edited by Bunky; 07-27-2010 at 06:18 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:03 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 335i
Thanks !