Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E46 M3 (2001-2006)

E46 M3 (2001-2006)

Old 05-23-2010, 11:43 PM

Mein Auto: M3 & M5
e46 m3 SuperCharger?

Hello all, at first i was undecisive between turbo/SC but now that i had made up my mind on a SC i'm a little undecisive on which SC system is best in quality, reliability, tech support, and $. I did a little research on ESS, AA, Dinan etc...and they all seem to be pretty good kits from what i read but any car salesman can sell a junk car to a school kid. Does anyone have any personal experience/insights on any of the kits which to include the Gintani SC kits that i saw at bimmerfest which i was quite impressed with. They even had a kit for the e60 m5 which i also drive but thier website is not up so i cant get any info.

'06 e46 M vert
'06 e60 M
Ads by Google
Old 06-16-2010, 10:13 AM

Mein Auto: honda
i am personally a fan of AA just to the amount of testing they run on there gear. if you want a system that is plug and play i would go that way but if you are wanting something with custom fuel maps ect. i would Go Hpf you can just build more power with their systems then with superchargers
Old 07-29-2010, 12:53 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 530i
the AA supercharger with the AA performance exhaust sounds godly. to be honest active makes very reliable parts, and you'll get quite a bang for your buck, cuz the SC is only around 8500 or 9000, where as a turbo, such as a HPF turbo, is like 13000. just saying, but honestly, active is your best bet.