Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 09-02-2010, 01:52 PM
Certified Car Nut

Send a message via AIM to mwpepper
Mein Auto: 2008 E90 335i
Dual climate control, and rear seat air vents

I looked at a MY/10 a couple of months ago. My wife really liked it, except for the fact the 10's not having dual climate or upper vents for the rear seat. For a vehicle costing in upwards of $45,000 I would think this would be a no brainer. Any word if the 11's have these features?
Old 09-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Ukemi - that's how I roll

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwpepper View Post
I looked at a MY/10 a couple of months ago. My wife really liked it, except for the fact the 10's not having dual climate or upper vents for the rear seat. For a vehicle costing in upwards of $45,000 I would think this would be a no brainer. Any word if the 11's have these features?
Yes if you look at the videos of interior presented in this forum you will see they are present. I to think the controls are poor (push buttons) and the lack of the venting in a near $50k vehicle was pretty lame.
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more
Old 09-03-2010, 05:27 AM

Mein Auto: 06 X3
Me wife says - "engine and wheels are mandatory in BMW, the rest is optional"
Old 09-03-2010, 07:08 AM
Tar Heel Faithful

Send a message via AIM to AzNMpower32
Mein Auto: 2014 Mazda3 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by babo View Post
Me wife says - "engine and wheels are mandatory in BMW, the rest is optional"
Like Richard Hammond said: "Standard equipment on a BMW used to be the windscreen, and all the air in between the pillars of the car."

Yes, the new X3 will have rear air vents. Whether or not dual-zone climate automatic will be standard remains to be seen (I think it should be optional, part of the premium package or stand-alone for $1000), but if past indicators tell us anything, BMW NA has made this stuff standard on the US.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:10 AM
Certified Car Nut

Send a message via AIM to mwpepper
Mein Auto: 2008 E90 335i
@ babo, I can somewhat agree with that statement. but for $50,000 I do expect some pampering. This will be the wifes vehicle. I may drive it a dozen times a year. I am mainly a passenger in it. Most of the time during the winter months she has the heat set on the highest setting. While on the passenger side, I have the temp set to the coolest setting. Dual Climate is a must for our next vehicle. The day we test drove the 2010 X3, it was 100 degrees. We had our son with us. It was next to miserable setting in the backseat. Again, I can overlook this in a $20,000 vehicle, but 50? no way. I will be shopping else where. Even if I do have a 335i parked in the garage next to it.

Mike
Old 09-21-2010, 11:07 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW X3 2009 AT
BMWs have had dual climate controls and rear vents for decades. The X3 appears to be BMWs answer to stripping down things as much as possible so as to differentiate it from the more expensive X's.

IMO it is really not a luxury vehicle but a utilitarian one from a luxury manufacturer. Hence the lack of lots of things that you can find in cheaper cars from other manufacturers.

Curious manufacturing decisions these.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:36 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwpepper View Post
@ babo, I can somewhat agree with that statement. but for $50,000 I do expect some pampering. This will be the wifes vehicle. I may drive it a dozen times a year. I am mainly a passenger in it. Most of the time during the winter months she has the heat set on the highest setting. While on the passenger side, I have the temp set to the coolest setting. Dual Climate is a must for our next vehicle. The day we test drove the 2010 X3, it was 100 degrees. We had our son with us. It was next to miserable setting in the backseat. Again, I can overlook this in a $20,000 vehicle, but 50? no way. I will be shopping else where. Even if I do have a 335i parked in the garage next to it.

Mike
Not a personal attack but I just think we are all so spoiled. I've never been in a vehicle with "dual climate control" and when I first heard it on the TV, I thought it was just a stupid gimmick. I have the 2005 X3 and it is pretty good with making the whole car either cool or warm within minutes.

As far as minor differences in preference, all one has to do is ask the person to turn the middle vents towards themselves (they swivel) and then you can close the one facing you. Anything more than this is super spoiled in my book and I surely hope they make it optional rather than drag the price up for those who want two different temperature zones in such a small space (as if one "zone" wont interact with the other).

If they never made it, you would have never thought of it or thought to complain about it. lol How about Dual Climate in the bedroom for sides of the room? lol It's a silly concept if you ask me.