Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > The MINI Board

The MINI Board
The Mini Cooper Forum

Old 08-24-2010, 02:47 PM
Administrator

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
MINI to product smaller....errr MINI and it will come in a John Cooper Works Model!

Meet the tiny MINI that packs a mighty punch! Following our scoop in Issue 1,126 that revealed a new smaller MINI is in the pipeline, insiders have hinted that a hot John Cooper Works model will also make production.

The design is familiar to fans of the MINI range, but there's a few crucial changes. The as yet unnamed car has shrunk to just over three metres long, although there should still be space for four inside, along with a decent boot.

Efficiency is key, even for this sporty version, and the newcomer will make use of a new 1.5-litre, 3-cylinder engine turbocharged engine currently being developed by BMW.

Despite boasting close to 150bhp, the new engine should be capable of achieving 50mpg and CO2 emissions of just under 110g/km thanks to BMW's EfficientDynamics tweaks. Expect to see stop/start, brake energy regeneration and an aerodynamic design among the changes.

With dimensions only slightly larger than the original Issigonis designed Mini, the tiny JCW is bound to inherit some of the traits which made the original such fun to drive.

A low kerbweight means straight line-acceleration should be impressive, with the sprint from 0-62mph taking just over 7 seconds. Meanwhile, the short wheel-base and a set of stiffer springs for this hardcore version will help ensure the newest MINI will also be the most agile yet.

With One, Cooper and Cooper S versions coming in 2012, the JCW branded model is expected to follow in 2013 and should cost around 16,000.

Source - http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/au..._mini_jcw.html

Read more MINI News
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Smaller-MINI-on-the-way-with-John-Cooper-Works-model.jpg
Views:	3295
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	243251  
Advertisement
Old 09-04-2010, 04:43 PM
GO CUBS!!!

Send a message via AIM to ChItalian1027
Mein Auto: 1995 318ti 2004 MCS
I wonder if they are going to put a manual trans in it.

95 318ti

2004 Mini Cooper S
Old 09-04-2010, 05:12 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Supercharged E39 540i
should be a fun little go kart.

And if theres a JCW model its bound to be a 6 speed otherwise its an insult to the pedigree.