Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E36 /7 Z3 (1996-2002)

E36 /7 Z3 (1996-2002)
E36/7 Z3 roadster and coupe talk with our gurus here.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:08 AM
///M 'n it up!

Send a message via AIM to wildag
Mein Auto: '06 Z4 M Roadster
Skyline Drive Trip - Big Pictures

I was finally able to travel Skyline Dr. this labor day weekend. My wife, a friend and I drove almost the entire length of the Shennandoah National park. I'd highly recommend this drive for any motoring enthusiast; especially this fall.

We hiked the Bear Fence Trail, around mile marker 56. Its a 1.9 mile round trip, with alot of simple rocky outcrops. The pictures below are taken from a 360 view from atop the rocky peak of this hill.

DreamingWell.com Web Services
Ads by Google
Old 09-09-2010, 08:18 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Z4 3.0si Coupe
Definitely agree. Skyline is a great drive, in any season, really, but mostly in the fall. The road gets busy and slow though as the foliage comes out.

For those who haven't been, it's literally a road built on the top of a mountain ridge with plenty of scenic overlooks and pull-offs to stop and take pictures. I think you're around 3000 ft in elevation at the higher spots. The surrounding valley is less than 1000 ft so you can see for many miles.

I was there last year and did some camping at Matthew's Arm camground.

Last edited by scottyD; 09-09-2010 at 08:20 AM.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:07 PM
Officially Weird

Mein Auto: Clownshoe,Miata,WeeStrom
Very pretty, nice pictures! I can only imagine how spectacular the hills are as the leaves turn.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:21 PM
XDriver

Send a message via AIM to flahertb
Mein Auto: 325xi & X3 & Z4
Awesome pictures. My wife and I are planning on heading there at the end of September and then continuing on to do the Tail of the Dragon. Looking forward to the scenery and driving the roadster on the twisties.

2008 Z4 3.0si Sport Package, Premium package, heated seats, M sport seats, xenon headlights
2002 325 xi, sport handling, rosewood trim
2005 X3 Premium package