Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2010, 05:53 PM

Mein Auto: X5
Question New Options: 6VC Combox Controller and 8TL Daytime driving lights

I placed my order for a 2011 X5 35i on Aug 31. I'm not that familiar with the whole inventory management and production scheduling process, but, I'm curious about 2 options that showed up on my order without me specifically asking.

To summarize: I worked with my CA to spec out what I wanted (Premium with the Convenience Package, the Cold Weather Package, the Technology Package, Comfort Access, Heated Rear Seats, and Light Poplar).

He went away and came back a bit later with a sheet from their computer system with these options plus 2 more. As I understand it, they basically reassigned one of the vehicles the dealer had already in the queue to me and changed it specs to match mine.

I didn't think too much about the 2 "mystery" options 6VC and 8TL at the time. Since then, I've been reading a lot of posts on this forum and ran into the whole thread about the September/October new hardware cut-in to manufacturing for some advanced bluetooth functionality. I haven't really been able to see anything about the 8TL. The description is "Daytime driving lights front and rear active".

Is there any more information available for these 2 options? My CA said no.

Do you think this definitely means that my X5 will come with the new hardware, and, if so, do you think it means my build won't start until the week of October 10?

Does anyone have these options on their orders and also have a production date assigned? Mine is still not scheduled for production at this time when I check on the website.

Even more curiously, when I check the BMW website, it does not have the correct color scheme or these 2 mystery options. So, there is definitely a mismatch between what the dealer showed me and emailed to me and what is available from BMWusa.com

Thanks, Brian
Ads by Google