Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 08-30-2010, 03:28 PM
Ukemi - that's how I roll

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
Question US Configurator

So when do they plan to have a US configurator and pricing up? I like to plan my work and work my plan.

Meaning, I want to see what I need to set aside a month for my slush fund for next years new vehicle.

I am hoping the new X3 will be reasonable in its pricing and pkgs.

Anyone heard any news?
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more
Ads by Google
Old 08-30-2010, 03:33 PM
I know a thing or two...

Mein Auto: '11 BMW 335xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlengr View Post
So when do they plan to have a US configurator and pricing up? I like to plan my work and work my plan.

Meaning, I want to see what I need to set aside a month for my slush fund for next years new vehicle.

Anyone heard any news?
Probably not until a few weeks before the launch. The actual configurator won't be up until well after they release all final specs, pricing, and options.

Former: 2013 335i xDrive Sedan -- 2011 335i xDrive Coupe -- 2009 MCS JCW -- 2006 MZ4 -- 2002 325i -- 1997 318ti -- 1991 318i
Old 08-30-2010, 03:54 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlengr View Post

Anyone heard any news?
No rush Ev, I know you wont buy first year production anyways
Old 08-30-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BMWX3 View Post
No rush Ev, I know you wont buy first year production anyways
True but must organize, can't help it...all the little blocks in place. Hahahaha.

It would drive my wife nuts, but I think she tolerates it since I clean up after everyone.

Half the fun of buying a new toy is figuring out every little detail and what you can do.
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
Old 08-31-2010, 09:10 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 X3
X3 US configurator available end of Oxtober

Evlenger,

I understand. I too like to be organized and am a planner. And I too clean up after my wife and 2 boys.

The US Configurator for the new X3 will be available at the end of October. This is from an email I got from BMW USA yesterday:

"Get ready for the arrival of the all-new BMW X3. It boasts a spacious cabin crafted with exceptional materials and an even more powerful ride—with your choice of either the 240-hp inline 6 or 300-hp TwinPower Turbo 6-cylinder engines. Combine those enhancements with the thrilling 8-speed automatic transmission and superior traction control of xDrive, our intelligent all-wheel drive system and you’ll see why this is our best X3 yet. Make sure to build one to your specifications beginning the end of October for a January delivery."
Old 09-02-2010, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Chile View Post
Evlenger,

I understand. I too like to be organized and am a planner. And I too clean up after my wife and 2 boys.

The US Configurator for the new X3 will be available at the end of October. This is from an email I got from BMW USA yesterday:

"Get ready for the arrival of the all-new BMW X3. It boasts a spacious cabin crafted with exceptional materials and an even more powerful ride-with your choice of either the 240-hp inline 6 or 300-hp TwinPower Turbo 6-cylinder engines. Combine those enhancements with the thrilling 8-speed automatic transmission and superior traction control of xDrive, our intelligent all-wheel drive system and you'll see why this is our best X3 yet. Make sure to build one to your specifications beginning the end of October for a January delivery."
Sounds good. I just drove a 335xi yesterday and loved the power. Most of us are plugged in more than the dealer folks as I explained how nice this is going to be in the new X3 and that it should be around October (which you just confirmed). Will definitely consider the 35 as long as they don't price it too high.

I do want to drive one, but will wait at least six or more months after the first have come out as I got seriously burned with the whole 07 AT issues and don't want to repeat my mistake.

I would probably grab a 335xi now with the 0.9% financing, but they seem to have serious issues with their hpfp and don't want to buy into that trouble either.

Glad to know I am not the only one that likes things organized, although I do admit being a bit OCD at times, Lol.
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7

Last edited by Evlengr; 09-02-2010 at 06:33 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 BMW 335i Sedan
I did what you were thinking and jumped on the 335i. Having been burned on two X3's, I did look into the HPFP and it doesn't worry me. First, it's documented and they have a fix and the newer ones don't appear to fail as much. But, that said, it would still be an irritation but probably minor compared to dealing with the A/T

2010 335i Sedan, Space Gray, Sport, Premium, CA, iPod (retired)
2008 X3, Alpine White Sport Package - (retired)
2008 X3, Crimson Red, SA Package - (forcibly retired)
Old 09-03-2010, 02:03 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Just got an email from BMW saying that you can configure and order the X3 in October for January delivery! I plan to buy one in May & hope that any big problems will show by that time. Fingers crossed
Old 09-14-2010, 06:48 AM

Mein Auto: X3 (in 2011)
I've virtually built more bimmers than I can remember, and am looking forward to the late October X3 configurator so I too can do my advance planning for Spring - when I plan to actually buy one!!!

btw: I'm reading up on the PCD experience and may go that route as well, even tho' it's a significant road trip from Spartanburg to Mass.