Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 09-11-2010, 10:17 AM

Mein Auto: Denali
Seat Protector Question

It says in the Accessories catalogue that the front seat covers aren't for the 'comfort seats.'

Are these the same as the current 'Contour' seats?

Where can I get seat covers for these seats that are OEM?

I love my dog, but I love my leather seats as well!!!
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Dog...Front seat...

That airbag is a danger to the dog. Back seat only.

A
Old 09-11-2010, 01:12 PM

Really?

Even when she doesn't weigh enough for the seat to turn the air bag on? (pressure sensitive)

How can it be a danger to her when it is off?
Old 09-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadieschoiceX52 View Post
Even when she doesn't weigh enough for the seat to turn the air bag on? (pressure sensitive)

How can it be a danger to her when it is off?
Oh, pretty small dog... My laptop case will trip the seat sensor in my other BMW, so I just assumed..

Still, the windshield is worse than the back of the front seats in a crash... but cannot help you on the accessory catalog

GL

A
Old 09-12-2010, 06:38 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW x5 35d
I too have a dog that I don't want ruining the seats in my new car. I didn't like the look or the sloppiness factor of the covers offered by BMW. I ordered a back seat cover from Automotive Interiors earlier this week. I don't have them yet, so I can't really say how they're going to look, but from the photos on the website, they appeared to be a very good fit as they are custom fitted to the bench seat in the car. (My boxer loves the front seat of the car- but she's going to have to get used to the backseat once I get the new car!)
Old 09-14-2010, 08:17 AM

Mein Auto: 335I
I have the perfect solution, I have a pet pad seat protector made by Covercraft. It is a waterproof, soft quilted finish, that is easy to install and remove. Easy to clean, just hose off and hang to dry. I found this @ carcoversdirect.com.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:43 AM

Thanks Rere67, but when I put in 2011 as the year of my X5's production, it said that they do not sell online seat covers for BMWs for this, 2010, or 2009 model years.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:18 AM
Casual Fan

Mein Auto: 2011 X5
Sounds silly but check out Baby's R Us for car seat covers. Same concept, works just as well.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:21 AM

Mein Auto: 335I
sadieschoicex52 - they are not actually seat covers, it is a pad that goes in the back seat, to protect your seats from animal hair and claw marks. It is so convenient and easy to put in and take out. I had to call in and order mine. Their toll free number is 1-866-818-9901. They offer excellent customer service. I was referred there by CoverCraft, the makers of the pet pad seat savers.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:29 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW '08 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post
Oh, pretty small dog... My laptop case will trip the seat sensor in my other BMW, so I just assumed..

Still, the windshield is worse than the back of the front seats in a crash... but cannot help you on the accessory catalog

GL

A
You would restrain your child with a seat belt, why don't people do the same for their pets? I'd hate to have my Lab/Shepard/Collie/Terrier.... flying around the interior of the vehicle should anything happen.

dj
Dark Poplar
6 Sp Manual
Sport
Premium
Rear Shades

BMW CCA #392316
Old 09-14-2010, 01:11 PM

Cool

Dog IS restrained by a safety vest that has been blessed by SPCA and, I'm sure unknown to you with all of the slashes and breed names of your little one...The AKC...That's the American Kennel Club, a registering body for PURE breds.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:52 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW '08 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadieschoiceX52 View Post
Dog IS restrained by a safety vest that has been blessed by SPCA and, I'm sure unknown to you with all of the slashes and breed names of your little one...The AKC...That's the American Kennel Club, a registering body for PURE breds.
You asked about pads, never mentioning a restraint system so I asked. I don't even, wouldn't, have a dog, I just gave a number of examples so as not to be specifically ruling out anyone's dog. I guess you missed the continuing .......
Oh gosh! I've never heard of the AKC in my almost 60 years of life. Thanks for assuming I needed the education.

dj
Dark Poplar
6 Sp Manual
Sport
Premium
Rear Shades

BMW CCA #392316
Old 09-14-2010, 05:32 PM
Zuma Man

Mein Auto: X5 35d
Careful! German shepherd on board

We have a 95 lb German Shepherd dog who is happy to ride in the very back where we've provided a doggy bed. She is quite comfortable back there. And there she stays never to scratch or slobber up the leather upholstery. Only issue still being is the ever present flying dog hair. Especially when the windows or sunroof are opened.

Zuma Man
Old 09-15-2010, 06:32 AM
Casual Fan

Mein Auto: 2011 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuma man View Post
We have a 95 lb German Shepherd dog who is happy to ride in the very back where we've provided a doggy bed. She is quite comfortable back there. And there she stays never to scratch or slobber up the leather upholstery. Only issue still being is the ever present flying dog hair. Especially when the windows or sunroof are opened.

Zuma Man
Same here, though ours is only about 80 pounds. The bigger issue is getting him to jump his lazy self up there