Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 09-06-2010, 10:09 AM

Mein Auto: E60 525d
Question Ordered my 520d... Hope I will not suffer for it later

Ok, Just get back from my dealer and after many hťsitations I decided to order a 520d. Thanks to the advices of the community, Iíve choosen the following options :

300 Alpina White
760 High-gloss Shadow Line
2HM light-alloy wheels radial-spoke 237
NA Napa Oyster/Oyster
456 Comfort seats
453 Active seat ventilation
4CE Fine-wood trim Fineline anthracite
255 Sports leather steering wheel
2TB Sport Automatic transmission
3AG Rear view camera
5DL Surround View
508 PDC
4UR Ambient light
416 Sunblinds for rear Window & rear side Windows
430 Interior and exterior mirrors with automatic anti-glare function
522 Xenon Headlights
6UK Night Vision
677 HiFi System Professional
6FL USB audio interface
644 Preparation for mobile phone with Bluetooth interface
6NF Extended connection of mobile phone music player
620 Voice Control System

Here in Tunisia we have no option package, so I had to choose the options one by one. I have 2 weeks to modify my specs

1- I am still wondering about the alpina white color. My current E60 is a deep blue and I wanted to change the colour of my F10. The white color is convenient in warm and sunny country like in here. But I Wonder if a dark color like the black saphire or Imperial Blue suits better to the F10.

2- My second hesitation concerns the seats : I have a beige dakota leather in both my E39 and E60. So I wanted to change for the next one. Black is not an option for me. I was thinking about the zimtbraun, I could see this color only in pictures and Iím afraid itís gonna be too ruddy. In the other hand the Oyster should be messy

3- The dealer told me to take the 760 High-gloss Shadow Line option instead of the 3MB Exterior Line Aluminium satinated, What do you think ?

4- I could not have the 10.2 inch screen (even in option) because itís only with the nav pro. Unfortunatly the nav system doesnít work here. Hope I will not suffer for it later with my 7 inch

My thanks to all who helped me with their advices
Ads by Google
Old 09-06-2010, 11:10 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 528i
I just got the Alpine White and love it with the beige interior. I did not go with the high-gloss shadow line because I think it came with tires I did not want. For me the chrome/aluminum shadow line works well with the white body color and I have the chrome inserts on the door handles. Here are a couple of pictures of mine and I am sure you will enjoy yours.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc_0758d.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	244962   Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc_0760d.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	244963  
Old 09-06-2010, 11:16 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 E90 M3
1. AW is beautiful on the F10, maybe not as elegant as Black Saphire but still very nice and in Tunisia which have heat and I would assume a fair share of dust I think AW is a perfect choice.
2. I don't like Zimtbraun/cinnamon, I do find it ruddy. I have oyster/black and if you wipe it with leather wipes now and then it's pretty easy to maintain.
3. Good advice.
4. Too bad, the 10.2 is nice but if you can't use it why sweat?
Old 09-07-2010, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwrtiger View Post
I just got the Alpine White and love it with the beige interior. I did not go with the high-gloss shadow line because I think it came with tires I did not want. For me the chrome/aluminum shadow line works well with the white body color and I have the chrome inserts on the door handles. Here are a couple of pictures of mine and I am sure you will enjoy yours.
Nice pics. The contrast between the dark sunroof and the alpina is classy
Old 09-07-2010, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
1. AW is beautiful on the F10, maybe not as elegant as Black Saphire but still very nice and in Tunisia which have heat and I would assume a fair share of dust I think AW is a perfect choice.
2. I don't like Zimtbraun/cinnamon, I do find it ruddy. I have oyster/black and if you wipe it with leather wipes now and then it's pretty easy to maintain.
3. Good advice.
4. Too bad, the 10.2 is nice but if you can't use it why sweat?
Thanks for the advices. Do you have a nappa or dakota oyster ?. I can't figure out why BMW doesn't offer a nice havana brown leather !

The other bad news of today: My dealer told me today that if I choose the ventilated seats I have to order the Automatic air conditioning with 4 zone control, with an extra of 750Ä.
I would have loved to have the perforated seats but with an extra option that I don't need, I just have to forgett that idea
Old 09-07-2010, 02:18 PM

Mein Auto: honda civic
Envy the Europeans and hate the Germans.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Tar Heel Faithful

Send a message via AIM to AzNMpower32
Mein Auto: 2006 325i sport
Alpine White is a lovely colour for the F10, stick with it. For the interior, I wouldn't go with Zimt Brown, it does seem a bit off. Either stick with Oyster or Everest Gray (Dakota) leather. The latter doesn't show dirt as easily.

I would go with the high-gloss Shadowline trim.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:00 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 E90 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gana View Post
Thanks for the advices. Do you have a nappa or dakota oyster ?. I can't figure out why BMW doesn't offer a nice havana brown leather !

The other bad news of today: My dealer told me today that if I choose the ventilated seats I have to order the Automatic air conditioning with 4 zone control, with an extra of 750Ä.
I would have loved to have the perforated seats but with an extra option that I don't need, I just have to forgett that idea
I've got Dakota leather. From having owned it before I know it's very durable and has a bit more grip than nappa. Nappa is an unknown to me and since I like Dakota I saw no reason to pay the extra for nappa. Nappa does have a bit more luxurious look though.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:54 PM

Mein Auto: '11 Z4 35is
Can you order the car in Mineral White Metallic? That would be my preference over Alpine White.

Travel Photos

Join BMW CCA
Old 09-11-2010, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier View Post
Can you order the car in Mineral White Metallic? That would be my preference over Alpine White.
Mineral metallic ?... Didn't know that color was offered in the F10 catalog. Don't have it here in Tunisia. Do you have a picture of the F10 in Mineral white ?
Old 09-11-2010, 11:57 AM

Mein Auto: 328xi
Love that car set up. The only thing I'd do different here in Pennsylvania is the cold-weather package, which of course wouldn't be applicable for you.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:30 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 525d 2011
i see you ordered the sport automatic, is that a "must have"? seems sort of out of place unless you have a 535i/550i
Old 09-16-2010, 01:11 PM

Mein Auto: 520d lci e60
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobr2001 View Post
i see you ordered the sport automatic, is that a "must have"? seems sort of out of place unless you have a 535i/550i
It really is. I just have a 520, and the sport automatic has the capability to turn the car from the super-comfort cruiser, to the aggressive beast. It feels like two cars, and for the price, its a must have.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:26 PM
***** Prowler

Mein Auto: there and therabouts
i've driven the 520i, sure doesnt lack much in torque.. its a sweet machine if you're not aiming for outright power.

-'10 Tornado Red VW GTI
-'09 Pearl White 370z
-E92 Bluewater 325i (sold)
-E65 730i on stock individual 20s (sold)
-E53 4.6is on stock 20s (sold)
-'95 Supra TT (sold)
-'93 Suzuki Cappuccino (wrecked)