Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 08-30-2010, 09:55 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 550XI
X-Drives Starting Production

Guys for those of you waiting for X-drives, good news. I got my VIN today, others can probably advise on how long it takes to go from contractions to labor, as my CA said, but looks like we're rolling next week. Scheduled for week 36 production so those scheduled for week 35 are probably one step ahead of me. BTW the bmwusa.com website still says "on order"....so there's a lag time.

Car ordered mid-July and tweaked up until last week, FYI, added a couple of features.

Now the real wait begins. Any other (or contrary) information is appreciated but I'm planning on a mid-October delivery date (live in the Rockies).
Ads by Google
Old 08-31-2010, 04:05 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 550i xDrive
My car, a 550i xDrive, went into production last Thursday, August 26, at 8.46.42 am. The anticipated completion of the car is September 9th. Delivery should be the first week in October.
550i xDrive/ImperialBlue/Beige/anthracite/DHP/sport/vent seats/convience/cold weather/driver assistance/prem 2/sport trans/fold down rears/4 zone/ACC/HUD/cameras/night vision/ipod and smart integration.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:43 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 550XI
Congrats Richschneid! Is there a specific web site you're using to track the progress or is your CA alerting you to the changes?
Old 08-31-2010, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevdean View Post
Congrats Richschneid! Is there a specific web site you're using to track the progress or is your CA alerting you to the changes?
No, I just called BMW USA Customer service. The number is listed on their website, www.bmwusa.com. You can also ask them for the procedure to follow to track it online through their website.
550i xDrive/ImperialBlue/Beige/anthracite/DHP/sport/vent seats/convience/cold weather/driver assistance/prem 2/sport trans/fold down rears/4 zone/ACC/HUD/cameras/night vision/ipod and smart integration.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:50 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 535xi (soon)
My 535i xDrive is in production also. I'm hoping that other "september start-of-production" new features are included (I particularly want the iPod enhancements).

Anyone know how much time it takes from production completion to arrive at my dealer (NY tri-state area).... need to get my 2007 X5 cleaned, polished and advertised for sale!

DAK
Old 08-31-2010, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkerr View Post
My 535i xDrive is in production also. I'm hoping that other "september start-of-production" new features are included (I particularly want the iPod enhancements).

Anyone know how much time it takes from production completion to arrive at my dealer (NY tri-state area).... need to get my 2007 X5 cleaned, polished and advertised for sale!

DAK
The ad for my car goes into the paper this Friday. Likely you will have your car beginning of October. It could be a little sooner or later than that. I just got my new iPod. What are the new enhancements?
Old 08-31-2010, 07:30 PM

Mein Auto: Zipcars
Quote:
Originally Posted by richschneid View Post
The ad for my car goes into the paper this Friday. Likely you will have your car beginning of October. It could be a little sooner or later than that. I just got my new iPod. What are the new enhancements?
They come out with new iPods tomorrow, FYI.

The new enhancements are support for album art on the nav screen, plus some other niceties (iPod Out support, single cable).

What you going to ask for the 650? I'm curious how much luck you'll have selling it. Around here, prices from private parties languish when priced at KBB tradein.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newmanium View Post
They come out with new iPods tomorrow, FYI.

The new enhancements are support for album art on the nav screen, plus some other niceties (iPod Out support, single cable).

What you going to ask for the 650? I'm curious how much luck you'll have selling it. Around here, prices from private parties languish when priced at KBB tradein.
I'm not going to ask for a price. When someone calls I'm going to quote the current four levels of price from the KBB. These are trade in, private party, retail, and CPO. Then I'll let the interested party make me an offer. KBB has about a 10k spread from top to bottom. I will probably be able to offer the CPO through my dealer for an additional amount.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:46 PM

Mein Auto: Zipcars
Quote:
Originally Posted by richschneid View Post
I'm not going to ask for a price. When someone calls I'm going to quote the current four levels of price from the KBB. These are trade in, private party, retail, and CPO. Then I'll let the interested party make me an offer. KBB has about a 10k spread from top to bottom. I will probably be able to offer the CPO through my dealer for an additional amount.
Have any luck? I'm just curious what the used luxury market is like right now... I opted for tradein after not getting any calls on my 530i for about 3 weeks, didn't want to deal with the hassle.