Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 09-19-2010, 07:58 AM
Ready for next ED

Mein Auto: 2008 335ic
"Torn between two colors..don't know what to do"

Sorry for the play on lyrics from a terrible 70's love song. I would love some opinions. I have seen a Black Sapphire f10 w/Cinnamon. It is gorgeous and is my current number one choice for ED/PCD in April. I love black cars but not the upkeep.

I currently have a Space Gray E93. I like the color and it is extremely easy to keep up. My original plans were for a Space Gray F10 w/Beige and Anthracite headliner. After seeing Cinnamon/Anthracite headliner I am going with that. The sensible part of me says pair it with Space Gray. I have VERY little free time that is not given to work or kids sporting team activities. Since the Cinnamon has some red in it I feel it would work like Coral Red works with Space Gray. As for other colors I do not like any of the other light colors on offer. I do like Graphite but feel it would require the same upkeep as black.

-Has anyone seen Space Gray and Cinnamon? If I get the black I would have the equivalent of an extra lease payment each quarter paying a detailer
-Should I bite the bullet and go with Black Sapphire?

Yes, I have searched and read every color discussion on Bimmerfest and that other board.
  • 1980 323i
  • A couple beater 2002tis
Advertisement
Old 09-19-2010, 08:11 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F10 535ix/E60 2008 535 XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by smhoer View Post
Sorry for the play on lyrics from a terrible 70's love song. I would love some opinions. I have seen a Black Sapphire f10 w/Cinnamon. It is gorgeous and is my current number one choice for ED/PCD in April. I love black cars but not the upkeep.

I currently have a Space Gray E93. I like the color and it is extremely easy to keep up. My original plans were for a Space Gray F10 w/Beige and Anthracite headliner. After seeing Cinnamon/Anthracite headliner I am going with that. The sensible part of me says pair it with Space Gray. I have VERY little free time that is not given to work or kids sporting team activities. Since the Cinnamon has some red in it I feel it would work like Coral Red works with Space Gray. As for other colors I do not like any of the other light colors on offer. I do like Graphite but feel it would require the same upkeep as black.

-Has anyone seen Space Gray and Cinnamon? If I get the black I would have the equivalent of an extra lease payment each quarter paying a detailer

Yes, I have searched and read every color discussion on Bimmerfest and that other board.
My last two two bimmers have been space gray. Yes easier to maintain but I just need something different. I think the new 5er looks awesome in Black, either Jet or Sapphire,, both hot,,,, I personally went with Jet Black, I think the sapphire looks a little funny under direct sunlight.

anyway space grey with cinnamon probably wont look right. I feel your pain, a hard decision. I went black and black.

Good Luck.

Greg
Old 09-19-2010, 08:13 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 740il M-Sport
Think CB would be awesome

After 10 years of a black interior, I'm going with Cinnamon Black with a Carbon Black exterior.

Like you, I've wavered back and forth and thought about a less "risky" interior since I haven't seen an actual car equiped this way. I finally decided that I'm going with CB and I told a friend to hit me with a taser if I change my mind.

Good luck with your decision.
2013 740il Carbon Black/Saddle Nappa Leather M-Sport | Exec. Pkg (BMW Apps / Ceramic Controls / Multi-Contoured Front Ventilated Seats / Active Seats / Power rear/side sunshades / Head-up Display / Instrument panel Napa leather) | 20" 303 5 spoke wheels

2011 Audi Q5 3.2 S-line

---------------------------------------
2011 535i M Sport - Carbon Black/Cinnamon.retired 6/13

2007 x5 4.8 Sport. retired 12/10
Old 09-19-2010, 08:37 AM

Mein Auto: 11 550i
As an Architect I do not believe that Space Gray and Cinnamon would look very good. My current ride is a Carbon Black 550i. It is beautiful and not much more maintenance than my 2004 Titanium Silver 545. I definitely would go with the Black Sapphire, Cinnamon Leather, and Anthracite Headliner. That is my favorite color scheme.

14 550i Euro Del
14 X3 2.8i
11 550i Euro Del, Retired
08 550i Euro Del, Retired
06 330i Euro Del, Retired
04 545i Euro Del, Retired
01 530i Euro Del, Retired
Old 09-19-2010, 09:30 AM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
My new 535i is my 3rd Black Sapphire BMW and the 2nd with Cinnamon interior. It's a great combo, IMO. I've seen Cinnamon with gray -- it's OK but not like with black. Cinnamon is almost zero upkeep, so if you get black, you only need to worry about the exterior. Just wash it once a week when possible and wax a couple of times a year, it's not that bad. There's no substitute for black, IMO.

2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm

Last edited by markl53; 09-19-2010 at 09:32 AM.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:03 PM
Ready for next ED

Thanks guys. I just got back from a quick Sunday drive to the dealer's delivery lot to see their inventory. They have a 550 in Sapphire and Cinnamon that looks great. It even has IAS which I have been wanting to test drive but have not found a dealer with one in inventory. Since it is in the delivery lot I don't know if it is part of the dealer's inventory or one being delivered to a customer. I will find out tomorrow and see if I can drive it.
  • 1980 323i
Old 09-19-2010, 01:19 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 E550 4matic
I think Cinnamon would be much easier to keep clean than Beige - and the anthracite headliner would look fantastic. I have a 3 series loaner with an interior that shade and I agree that black and cinnamon is a stunning combo. However, it would drive me crazy.... black requires way too much maintenance.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:44 PM
Ready for next ED

Oh well. I pay a local detailer for quarterly visits. Maybe have to set up a weekly wash at my office also. I think his kids will be able to afford a better college than mine.
  • 1980 323i
Old 09-19-2010, 04:22 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 550i on order
I know exactly how you feel. I'm torn between AW and Carbon Black for my 2011 550I Msport I have on order for ED. I swear I change my mind everyday, and when I do I'm sure its the last time then I see another picture of the car looking amazing in the opposite color and switch all over again! My wife thinks i'm going crazy!
Old 09-19-2010, 06:08 PM

Mein Auto: 11 550i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimefam View Post
I know exactly how you feel. I'm torn between AW and Carbon Black for my 2011 550I Msport I have on order for ED. I swear I change my mind everyday, and when I do I'm sure its the last time then I see another picture of the car looking amazing in the opposite color and switch all over again! My wife thinks i'm going crazy!
Carbon Black is uber spectacular. I have it on my 08 535 and I have never gotten tired of it. It is a great color.

14 550i Euro Del
14 X3 2.8i
11 550i Euro Del, Retired
08 550i Euro Del, Retired
06 330i Euro Del, Retired
04 545i Euro Del, Retired
01 530i Euro Del, Retired
Old 09-19-2010, 07:15 PM
Ready for next ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimefam View Post
I did the same thing with my current drive. Changed my mind numerous times until the deadline and went with my original choice. Gotta love male menopause.
  • 1980 323i
Old 09-20-2010, 07:51 AM

Mein Auto: '14 428i vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharding View Post
Carbon Black is uber spectacular. I have it on my 08 535 and I have never gotten tired of it. It is a great color.
But does it show marks, swirls? When it is washed and waxed does it show flaws easily?

I love the barbera Red but it shows every damn mark..if you use the wrong towel you get a "buff" mark....too much work
Old 09-20-2010, 08:33 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 550i on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharding View Post
I have decided to wait until the pictures of the Msports start coming in so I can see how the rear will look on both cars. I dont care for how the diffuser looks on the AW Msport pictures they have floating around but think it will look much better if I just Paint it AW when I get the car. Haven't seen any other colors on the msport so I'll hold off on my decision till I get alittle more info. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nealh View Post
But does it show marks, swirls? When it is washed and waxed does it show flaws easily?

I love the barbera Red but it shows every damn mark..if you use the wrong towel you get a "buff" mark....too much work
Newer German paints, I've found, are softer and it is hard to avoid some level of swirl marking. You need to use a 100% pure cotton towel, no polyester blend, and always dry in a straight line, not circular. Any darker color is going to show marks more than light colors, it's just the way it is.

2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm
Old 09-20-2010, 06:41 PM
Ace

Mein Auto: 530 I 335I
Go with Sophisto Gray

It is new and totally incredible!

Just took deliv of my new 535I from Europe

Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by smhoer View Post

Old 09-21-2010, 06:28 AM

Mein Auto: X5 50i, M3
dudes

German cars should be Silver or White.

full stop.

it harkens back to the 20s when colors were associated with countries. so hunter green was UK, Blue for France, Blue with white piping for USA (think about the old ford GTs) red for Italy (no duh) and silver or white for the Germans.

2013 E70 X5 50i, Saphirschwarz, Dark Burl Walnut Trim, Multi-contour Seats, Sports Activity Package, Premium Sound, Running Boards

2012 E92 M3, Jerezschwarz, Dinan Lower Control Arm Monoball Kit, Dinan Racing Rear Toe Link, Dinan Front Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Braces, Dinan Stage 1 Suspension, Dinan 3:62 LSD, Dinan Underdrive Pulley Kit, Dinan High Flow Carbon Intake, BPM stage 1 and DCT tunes, Passport 9500ci, LI Dual
Old 09-21-2010, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highyo View Post
dudes

German cars should be Silver or White.

full stop.
So in other words, "You vill choose silver or vite and you vill like it!". Not for me, but thanks.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:27 AM
Ready for next ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by markl53 View Post
So in other words, "You vill choose silver or vite and you vill like it!". Not for me, but thanks.

Wow! That brought flashbacks of the Tim Conway skit from The Carol Burnett Show.
  • 1980 323i