Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 09-21-2010, 01:20 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 535i xdrive
So the tires that come with the sport package, can they be used during ED in Jan ? I ask because I know it is illegal to drive with summer tires during winter over there.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:23 PM

Mein Auto: E92 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by RusOnline View Post
To be honest i ve never drove on runflats before and never heard about any issues with them nether. I have the experience with run flats that comes stock on sport pkg.
Good Year Exellence RunOnFlat tires.
These are a lot better then some of the others that came in previous generations. But that's like saying Khrushchev was better than Stalin. They still seem to be more prone to road damage as I have already gotten 2 nails in the same tire in only 3000 miles of driving. Only time will tell regarding tire wear, but these are also very expensive to replace, tire rack has them listed at 1500 when you can spend 1000 on a set of normal tires. Either way, when these go, I'm inclined to get the mobility kit and run Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Pole Positions or Michelin Pilot Sport PS2.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:38 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 550i on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJPark01 View Post
These are a lot better then some of the others that came in previous generations. But that's like saying Khrushchev was better than Stalin. They still seem to be more prone to road damage as I have already gotten 2 nails in the same tire in only 3000 miles of driving. Only time will tell regarding tire wear, but these are also very expensive to replace, tire rack has them listed at 1500 when you can spend 1000 on a set of normal tires. Either way, when these go, I'm inclined to get the mobility kit and run Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Pole Positions or Michelin Pilot Sport PS2.
+1 on the PS2 with the mobility kit. Get better tires that ride and handle better for less money? Yes Please!
Old 09-22-2010, 10:31 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharding View Post
BMW is dropping the summer performance tires and going with four season run flats.
Do you know when? Ordered a sept production should have late oct early nov. Think Ill have four seasons?

Im not even going to get into how dissapointed I am with this. Im in NYC but I do have a truck so dedicated winter tires are not necessary. I was originally going to buy the wheel and tire warranty but after reading about all these bulges people are experiencing, it wouldnt be covered anyway.

Ive decided to just stock size all seasons w mobilty kit, keep the RFT's in my garage and take my chances on cracked/broken rims. Probably my best, least stressful option.

I find the whole thing to absurd.