Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E38 (1995 - 2001)

7 Series - E38 (1995 - 2001)

Old 09-27-2010, 09:29 AM

Mein Auto: 2001 740I Sport
01 740i - Brake rotors / pads

'01 740 Sport with 95K: My front brake rotors are shot. Just recently had the rotors turned and pads replaced...very smooth for a couple of weeks and now they are warped again. Any recommendations on best, longest lasting brake rotor brand and/or style available after market? Should I just replace with OEM?
Ads by Google
Old 09-27-2010, 09:59 AM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: 2001 Z3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbury View Post
'01 740 Sport with 95K: My front brake rotors are shot. Just recently had the rotors turned and pads replaced...very smooth for a couple of weeks and now they are warped again. Any recommendations on best, longest lasting brake rotor brand and/or style available after market? Should I just replace with OEM?
The oem ATE/Balos we sell have served our customers well, That being said if your rotors were turned true and there was no vibration after having them turned it is very unlikely that they warped just weeks later. I would be either looking at worn out tension strut bushings which cause a vibration/wobble when braking.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:52 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 740I Sport
I'm pretty sure its the rotors and not the strut bushings. I've had the car for a little while now, and am pretty familiar with rotor vibrations. Anyone else have any aftermarket (upgrade) recommendations on rotors?