Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2010, 09:48 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 xDrive 35d
iPhone 4 cradle/Google integration

Hi! I'm just amazed at the Google integration for maps; astonishing next wave technology that will revolutionize at least how I with my terrible navigation skills am able to, e.g., get updates on where I am going from staff while I'm on the road!

Anybody have any idea what is up with the iPhone 4 cradle? I just don't get it. My dealer is holding off on putting in the smartphone piece for my car, ordered last week, and others have suggested either extension cords, exacto knife solutions, or hard restarts of the iPhone 4 to make it work/fit. None of these are obviously ideal and it is crazy - crazy - that the #1 (for better or worse) phone debut in history is not a fit to a 2011 model of a car that fronts its compatibility with iPhones. Whether you like the iPhone 4 or not, a zillion people have them - or 3GS with the OS4 update - including pretty much anybody who would be fascinated by the new features implicit in this package. SOMEONE needs to speak to BMW before this becomes a joke...or before they decide this is a 2012 feature!

regards,
Glenn McGee
highly anticipatory X5 35D tracker!
Advertisement