Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 10-07-2010, 06:52 AM

Mein Auto: Lexus
iDrive

I know that DVD's won't play when driving, but I'm wondering what else is disabled when you're driving. For example, can you enter addresses into the Navigation when driving? Can you only make phone calls (via iDrive) from your address book when driving?
Advertisement
Old 10-07-2010, 11:45 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 528 i
Quote:
Originally Posted by macpro View Post
I know that DVD's won't play when driving, but I'm wondering what else is disabled when you're driving. For example, can you enter addresses into the Navigation when driving? Can you only make phone calls (via iDrive) from your address book when driving?
On the 2010 E60 ,Navi is fully accesable while driving - but I woundn't enter a new address
no different from texting
Old 10-07-2010, 06:59 PM

Mein Auto: Lexus
I agree, the driver shouldn't try to enter anything when driving, but it's nice if the passenger is able to without having to stop.

With my 2010 Lexus so much is "locked out" when driving. One thing I don't understand is why the incoming phone number is blocked when driving. I can only see where my wife, brother, etc. is calling from (work, home, cell) if I'm completely stopped.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:25 AM

Mein Auto: X3 (in 2011)
^ Lexus locks out anything they (or rather their lawyers) feel will require any significant 'look down" time, even something as trivial as incoming phone numbers.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:00 AM
Tar Heel Faithful

Send a message via AIM to AzNMpower32
Mein Auto: 2014 Mazda3 GT
BMW allows the driver to use all functions. I think there are limitations on Smartphone integration; one can only read part of the text messages received (?).