Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 10-11-2010, 04:36 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 xdrive28i
no active cruise?

I was just checking out the X3 configurator on the BMW UK web site and notice there wasn't an option to get active cruise control. Is this the case for the US version too? I know on the new X5 it's available and thought it would be an option since its an option for the 3 series. Although the only model was the x20d on the UK site...maybe the x28i or x35i will have it? Does anyone know?

Past:
2008 328xi
2004 325xi
1997 328iS

Future: '11 335i or xdrive -or- E90 M3 (haven't decided)
Ads by Google
Old 10-11-2010, 05:14 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 X3
The US site is the worst and most far behind so don't ask us. To learn more about that would be offered I had to check every site EXCEPT the damn US site. Even the African sites have info.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:51 PM
Tar Heel Faithful

Send a message via AIM to AzNMpower32
Mein Auto: X3
ACC will not be available for the first model year. It is not listed as an option in the German X3 brochure; Dynamic Cruise will likely be standard in North America (optional in Germany except on the xDrive35i)

I think Cruise should be optional on the base xDrive28i model. Most Americans don't even use it or know it's there. Make it a stand-alone option.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNMpower32 View Post
ACC will not be available for the first model year. It is not listed as an option in the German X3 brochure; Dynamic Cruise will likely be standard in North America (optional in Germany except on the xDrive35i)

I think Cruise should be optional on the base xDrive28i model. Most Americans don't even use it or know it's there. Make it a stand-alone option.
Yeah. I never use cruise control because i like to keep active. On short trips I'm usually in a rush and looking to speed...lol On long trips I'm afraid to fall asleep so I want to use the pedal to keep myself active. It's a cool idea but not super necessary.

Hey Az, since you know the most, please visit the acessories thread to tell us about anything new. Also if you could tell us what kind of Rear entertainment system they are offering (which one it looks like), that would be great.