Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 10-12-2010, 08:26 AM

Mein Auto: 2002 E46 325ci
Question Upgrades????????

Ok I have 02 E46 325ci and I was looking for some upgrades these are the things I'm looking into ANGEL EYES/ HEADLIGHTS, SUPERCHARGER, TURBO, SES, SWAY BAR, EXHAUST SYSTEM/FULL HEADERS, M CHIP/ OR GFORCE PREFORMANCE CHIP, OR BMW PREFORMANCE DOWNLOAD FROM DEALER if you have any advice (brands, prices, preformance pro's and con's) or what you think would be the best priority wise please list that below keep in mind that i am pretty new and ill informed i looked up gforce chips because my buddy has a Audi A4 with that chip and it does pretty well if you could give me some advice on that as well that would be awesome.
Ads by Google
Old 10-12-2010, 08:34 AM
The Canadian Prick.

Mein Auto: '96 328is Cosmos
Two things:

1. Try DDMTuning.com.
2. You have an E46, this should be in the E46 sub-forum, not the E36.

Welcome to the 'Fest,

Ed.

HAS KEN HAD HIS MEDS YET?
Old 10-12-2010, 09:42 AM
Coconut Pete's paella!

Mein Auto: 08' 4Runner V8
If you are serious about 50% of the stuff you just posted the you ought to do yourself a favor and sell your car and buy an M3.

"Their" is a possessive pronoun. In a phrase like “Susan and Bill's car,” it could be used to to make a new phrase: “their car.”

”They're” is a contraction of “they are.”
“They are” should always be able to replace “they're.”

Extra credit: It's "I'm looking for an M3" not "I'm looking for a M3".
Old 10-12-2010, 10:03 AM
1.888.JLEVISW

Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
Mein Auto: BMW Duh
Definitely use the search feature but we can do just about every one of those mods for you.

For angel eyes, I recommend WeissLicht:

WeissLicht LED Angel Eyes

If you do not have xenons, then I'd suggest going with the Projector46 Headlights which are projector based xenons with preinstalled angel eyes.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:12 AM
Please, call me Brian.

Mein Auto: 1998 323is
I have a hunch, just a hunch, that this thread will turn into one of his last posts. 99% of the time someone says they want a supercharger/turbo, followed by a bunch of other crap in CAPS, its someone who knows nothing about thier cars and dreams of street racing for the remainder of their lives..
Old 10-12-2010, 11:20 AM
L4P

Send a message via AIM to MalibuMafiaV
Mein Auto: E60 M5 & Stage 3 Audi S4
A supercharger will cost you around 4-8k depending on the stage you want. Turbo will cost about 6-10k. Also after getting one of them install the car has to under go massive tuning and maintenance. In the long run if your not getting a supercharger or turbo at a discounted or amazing price. Your better off just buying an M.
BMW 2000 3-series - Supercharged Because race car SOLD
Maserati 2004 M128 GT - HREs/tint/straight piped SOLD
BMW 2006 M3 - stock - SOLD
Old 10-12-2010, 11:41 AM
Keeping it surreal

Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci ZHP 3 pedals
My My.....*somebody`s* ambitious :-)

OP, do yourself a favor....if you want a fast car, just buy an M3 !

*Please support the Wounded Warrior Project*

When faced with choosing between two evils, always go with the one you`ve never tried before....
Old 10-12-2010, 11:42 AM
• www.umnitza.com •

Mein Auto: ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge325ci View Post
Ok I have 02 E46 325ci and I was looking for some upgrades these are the things I'm looking into ANGEL EYES/ HEADLIGHTS, SUPERCHARGER, TURBO, SES, SWAY BAR, EXHAUST SYSTEM/FULL HEADERS, M CHIP/ OR GFORCE PREFORMANCE CHIP, OR BMW PREFORMANCE DOWNLOAD FROM DEALER if you have any advice (brands, prices, preformance pro's and con's) or what you think would be the best priority wise please list that below keep in mind that i am pretty new and ill informed i looked up gforce chips because my buddy has a Audi A4 with that chip and it does pretty well if you could give me some advice on that as well that would be awesome.
Take a look at our Projector46s, they start at $349 and up:
http://umnitza.com/umnitza-projector...ing-p-208.html

Call US! 877 486 6489
Available: 9am-5pm M-F
Old 10-12-2010, 11:43 AM
L4P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Bob View Post
My My.....*somebody`s* ambitious :-)

OP, do yourself a favor....if you want a fast car, just buy an M3 !
Or do what I did... lol
Old 10-12-2010, 02:32 PM

ok well thank you for all of your awesome posts even though more than half of you just knocked my idea of fixing the car that i have anyways sorry ryan this will not be my last post and i knew that the supercharger and turbo ideas were far fetched i love my car i just want to make some upgrades to make it a little faster maybe but deff sound and look better
Old 10-12-2010, 02:34 PM
L4P

Quote:
ok well thank you for all of your awesome posts even though more than half of you just knocked my idea of fixing the car that i have anyways sorry ryan this will not be my last post and i knew that the supercharger and turbo ideas were far fetched i love my car i just want to make some upgrades to make it a little faster maybe but deff sound and look better
Turbo and or supercharger isn't far fetched.. I did it lol. Just gotta have the mula.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:37 PM

what are yalls ideas of xenon lights and what the best brand would be if i got the Weisslicht LED angel eyes like you said
Old 10-12-2010, 02:38 PM

true but that is what makes the idea far fetched for me no mula im in the army not the greatest cash flow occupation
Old 10-12-2010, 02:41 PM
L4P

Quote:
what are yalls ideas of xenon lights and what the best brand would be if i got the Weisslicht LED angel eyes like you said
Best angel eyes are the Umnitza Orion V2s. Don't buy anything else. There just cheap copies and won't last you long. They are pricey but worth it.

Quote:
true but that is what makes the idea far fetched for me no mula im in the army not the greatest cash flow occupation
Well... you'll make more soon enough. Or just keep your eye out for a used kit.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:48 PM

ok so your saying look into the umnitza orion v2's instead of the weisslicht led sets??

what is your take on projection headlights i like those and i like the xenon ones as well what do you say? but i love the angel eyes as well so something that could go with them so i guess im also asking if the angel eyes will fit with the projection lights and or xenon alike i just want whats best for my car but i like the way the projections follow the road
Old 10-12-2010, 02:50 PM

used kit for both turbo or supercharger ummm are they easy to find and if so do you know how much they should run? as in price wise
Old 10-12-2010, 03:03 PM
• www.umnitza.com •

Mein Auto: ///M
Quote:
ok so your saying look into the umnitza orion v2's instead of the weisslicht led sets??

what is your take on projection headlights i like those and i like the xenon ones as well what do you say? but i love the angel eyes as well so something that could go with them so i guess im also asking if the angel eyes will fit with the projection lights and or xenon alike i just want whats best for my car but i like the way the projections follow the road
It depends on Projector46 levels that you want.
We have so many different combinations, that most people just call us for advice and purchase on the phone - NO PRESSURE.

Call US! 877 486 6489
Available: 9am-5pm M-F
Old 10-12-2010, 03:16 PM
L4P

Quote:

For projectors I would just get the complete setup from Umnitza with the angel eyes installed.

Quote:
used kit for both turbo or supercharger ummm are they easy to find and if so do you know how much they should run? as in price wise
You can normally get a used supercharger kit for around $1,500-4,500 depending on how many miles the kit was driven.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:36 PM

what do you mean by projection levels like on the road levels or like intensity of light levels and do you have presentations of them on your site?
Old 10-14-2010, 07:51 AM
Please, call me Brian.

Mein Auto: 1998 323is
Quote:
Congrats for proving me wrong
I don't want people to give up on thier cars or dislike them. Thing is, its very common for people to come into a forum with questions very similiar to yours, and nothing ever comes from it and they're never heard from again. By all means fix it up to where you want it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuMafiaV View Post
You can normally get a used supercharger kit for around $1,500-4,500 depending on how many miles the kit was driven.
Anything around $2500-$3000k would probably be a good deal, as superchargers/turbos can be rebuilt, and the belts for superchargers are replaceable.

One thing to consider OP, is that along with boosting your car, you'll need to beef up the rest of your car to handle the power. More things will break because of the added stress, parts will wear quicker. Also, you'll need better tires to grip, better brakes to stop, and better suspension to aid in handling. Other than that, you will also want an aftermarket exhaust system to help get rid of the extra gasses and help that supercharger setup produce power.

Another thing to consider is this: If you're in the army, you can start building your own kit, most likely for cheaper. Start by figuring out what you want; turbo or supercharger (I prefer supercharger because its easier to understand, and I love the sound lol), and figure out whats all needed to make it tick. Then you start scouring forums and ebay for parts and deals. Little by little you gather all this up, learning the whole way. In a year or two you have yourself a kit, and probably big savings that can cover the other expenses or install price.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:12 PM
No User Serviceable Parts

Mein Auto: '04 545i, Schaltgetriebe
Or mount a supercharger on top of the turbo, giving you a Superbocharger for that extra kick.

Old 10-14-2010, 06:21 PM
I brew life

Mein Auto: 2005 ZHP, Wife's Prius
You would be far better served going with some suspension tuning. Our cars are not(with exceptions) straight line beasts, but get them into some serious turns and be thrilled. I would also suggest you consider clear lenses for your car. What are the details? Color? Numer of pedals? Options(see wiki link up top)? I highly suggest saving a bit of money for maintenance and preventative maintenance to avoid heartache down the road and big bills.

Has already been awarded the title "Destroyer of Sleep"