Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E34 (1989 - 1995)

E34 (1989 - 1995)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-16-2010, 12:32 PM
rednatasha rednatasha is offline
Red Natasha
Location: Templeton, Cali
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 155
Send a message via MSN to rednatasha
Mein Auto: 1989 BMW 535i
What do you guys think??

ok well my car is red and my mirrors were faded beyond faded. They were a little embarassing, i have plans of respraying my car in the near future because id rather get the mechanical stuff out of the way before i start updating my cosmetics.

so i thought it would look somewhat decent if i resprayed my mirrors a matte black. just like stock mirrors that dont come color matched to your vehicle (mosttly on cheaper cars, not BMW)

i just want to know your opinions and see what you guys think...

does it look ok for a temp fix or get rid of them fast?

thanks again,
robert

agian this is a temp fix...that way i dont have faded pink mirrors lol
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 10-16-2010, 12:56 PM
rednatasha rednatasha is offline
Red Natasha
Location: Templeton, Cali
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 155
Send a message via MSN to rednatasha
Mein Auto: 1989 BMW 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednatasha View Post
ok well my car is red and my mirrors were faded beyond faded. They were a little embarassing, i have plans of respraying my car in the near future because id rather get the mechanical stuff out of the way before i start updating my cosmetics.

so i thought it would look somewhat decent if i resprayed my mirrors a matte black. just like stock mirrors that dont come color matched to your vehicle (mosttly on cheaper cars, not BMW)

i just want to know your opinions and see what you guys think...

does it look ok for a temp fix or get rid of them fast?

thanks again,
robert

agian this is a temp fix...that way i dont have faded pink mirrors lol



Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	250609  
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-16-2010, 12:58 PM
khestee khestee is offline
95 325is
Location: N.C.
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 30
Mein Auto: 95 325is
Not bad...maybe paint the grills to match?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-16-2010, 01:28 PM
rednatasha rednatasha is offline
Red Natasha
Location: Templeton, Cali
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 155
Send a message via MSN to rednatasha
Mein Auto: 1989 BMW 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by khestee View Post
Not bad...maybe paint the grills to match?
A better pic.... So you guys think tht maybe blacking out my grille insert would better compliment my temp fixed mirrors???

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	250614  
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-16-2010, 01:57 PM
robertobaggio20 robertobaggio20 is offline
Banned
Location: earth
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,403
Mein Auto: car
Black grilles on a red body....please proceed with all haste ! It will look very aggressive and you'll probably elect to keep it that way even after the respray (assuming you're going to respray it red too).

Hey, those rims look very interesting, mind if you could snap off a good closeup or two?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-16-2010, 02:39 PM
rednatasha rednatasha is offline
Red Natasha
Location: Templeton, Cali
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 155
Send a message via MSN to rednatasha
Mein Auto: 1989 BMW 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertobaggio20 View Post
Black grilles on a red body....please proceed with all haste ! It will look very aggressive and you'll probably elect to keep it that way even after the respray (assuming you're going to respray it red too).

Hey, those rims look very interesting, mind if you could snap off a good closeup or two?
I'll Photoshop it and thn I'll c if I wnt to paint tht grill black. And whn I do respray Natasha i will be using the stock red tht came with her.

As for the rims. Thy are BBS branded and the guy I bought them from did not knw what they were originaly on. Thy were in great shape and for $80 ... I had to get thm.

-Robert


Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-16-2010, 02:41 PM
rednatasha rednatasha is offline
Red Natasha
Location: Templeton, Cali
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 155
Send a message via MSN to rednatasha
Mein Auto: 1989 BMW 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednatasha View Post
I'll Photoshop it and thn I'll c if I wnt to paint tht grill black. And whn I do respray Natasha i will be using the stock red tht came with her.

As for the rims. Thy are BBS branded and the guy I bought them from did not knw what they were originaly on. Thy were in great shape and for $80 ... I had to get thm.

-Robert


Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp
And they are 15"


Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	250632  
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-17-2010, 08:45 AM
strobelite strobelite is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: north east los angeles
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 314
Mein Auto: 91 e34 525
looks good. i may do it to mine!
__________________
not bad for $500?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E34 (1989 - 1995)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms