Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 10-24-2010, 03:19 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 650 Coupe, 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by kohjul View Post
thx man, yeah 528i is really a great car... and the mpg is good of course i will consider their other offerings
You can't go wrong with any BMW you choose, good luck to you and don't be put off by some of the comments, there is some very valuable info on this site for future reference.

2012, 650i Coupe, Carbon Black, Black Nappa leather, M Sport , CWP,DAP, IAS, 20" Wheels,
BMWCCA Member since 07/2008
Old 10-24-2010, 03:23 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to kohjul
Mein Auto: None
yeah man, first when i read this forums i feel dont want to sign up, but i spend 4 days reading it, and seems lot of good info and makes me want to sign up like now
i learn lot of things from detail, price, etc.... nice forum
bmw makes really good car

Last edited by kohjul; 10-24-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:05 PM

Mein Auto: F10 535ix/E60 2008 535 XI
The question isnt whether a college student on a budget should buy a bmw but rather the values our society puts on material possessions.

No one buys a bmw because its practical. Its bought for enjoyment. Warren Buffet drives a 38 thousand dollar Cadillac. He can of course drive whatever he wants. A BMW or expensive luxury car is not important to him.

You think this college kid is the only one who shouldnít be in a bmw? Guaranteed the board is full of people who should probably drive a cheaper car that would be more appropriate for their particular financial situation. Ever take a look at swapalease.com. You can find 7 series BMWs for 1,800 month. How is that even possible? That person obviously is a higher credit risk and pays more for a lease. Thatís crazy.

There are plenty of people who buy a BMW so they can say BMW to the valet when they are out, or so people can see them get into such a car. No one should feel that sort of pressure to get themselves involved in a car they really cant afford in order to represent a social status that makes them feel good about themselves. At the end of the day, people will like you for who you are, not for what you have. Superficial conversation about one's possessions gets boring real quick.

On the other hand, if a BMW represents terrific engineering, attention to detail, superior handling and a great driving experience that you really appreciate, if it brings out passion in a hobby and something that brings satisfaction and enjoyment, then its ok to allocate resources to something that brings fulfillment.

I think people's problem with the college guy is that he isnt dedicating time to research and understand the subject and the implication is that he is buying a 5 series for status rather than following a passion.

I myself enjoy the passion of owning a hi performance luxury sedan. It amazes me that my 535XI is perfect for my family yet handles better than sports cars Iíve owned as a teenager. I probably should be driving a car that is a little cheaper but the enjoyment and appreciation is worth it to me.

Im not passing judgment, its not my business why someone wants to buy a car. I'm just putting out a few possibilities.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:22 PM

Mein Auto: F10 535i
No hard feelings...get what you like and enjoy it.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:41 PM

yeah, i understand... many people tell me that i just wanted the status and to show off. but i actually really like f10, i mean of course there is ferrari, maybach, etc which is also great but i just feel 5 series is the right one for me, actually i only like two cars. i will purchase Nissan "teana" if it is exist here, but its not so i choose f10 which i also really like.
fyi: i spend hours just to look the picture of it... and i attend its launching in "indonesia" and also auto show... (i guess, i can called this a passion)
Old 10-24-2010, 05:17 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 528i Sport
Quote:
yeah, i understand... many people tell me that i just wanted the status and to show off. but i actually really like f10, i mean of course there is ferrari, maybach, etc which is also great but i just feel 5 series is the right one for me, actually i only like two cars. i will purchase Nissan "teana" if it is exist here, but its not so i choose f10 which i also really like.
fyi: i spend hours just to look the picture of it... and i attend its launching in "indonesia" and also auto show... (i guess, i can called this a passion)
Kohjul:

I just returned from test driving an F10 535i. The car is absolutely awesome. To me, it was a totally different driving experience than that of the 528i, and definitely worth the extra bucks. If you think a 528i is a great car, go out and test drive the 535i. It will be a no brainer. You won't turn back.

We look forward to hearing about your new BMW soon.

Last edited by bmrboy2008; 10-24-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:24 PM

yeah bro, i will post it once i get it 535i is amazing for sure 300hp and dual exhaust.... lovin it!
i think, i will get jet black with anthracite wood trim and black dakota leather... yummy
Old 10-24-2010, 05:37 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 528i Sport
Quote:
yeah bro, i will post it once i get it 535i is amazing for sure 300hp and dual exhaust.... lovin it!
i think, i will get jet black with anthracite wood trim and black dakota leather... yummy
That color combination will definitely be a knockout.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:45 PM

yeahh... i choose that because i think anthracite wood trim is the sexiest among other wood trim, so just combine it all black... and imagine it.... hmmm looks good.
really really lovin the ambiance light... so mellow, relaxing to eyes when driving at night.... sweet
Old 10-24-2010, 06:34 PM

Mein Auto: 11 550i
Quote:
yeahh... i choose that because i think anthracite wood trim is the sexiest among other wood trim, so just combine it all black... and imagine it.... hmmm looks good.
really really lovin the ambiance light... so mellow, relaxing to eyes when driving at night.... sweet
You should get the Anthracite Headliner. It will look spectacular with your color scheme. It is a beautiful black suede like headliner. My E60 was Carbon Black Metallic, Black Leather, Dark Wood, and Anthracite Headliner. It was spectacular. I never grew tired of that color scheme. The Anthracite Headliner was rare and very cool.

14 550i Euro Del
14 X3 2.8i
11 550i Euro Del, Retired
08 550i Euro Del, Retired
06 330i Euro Del, Retired
04 545i Euro Del, Retired
01 530i Euro Del, Retired
Old 10-24-2010, 06:44 PM

is the original headliner made of suede also? looks awesome to me the anthracite headliner... man i love cross spoke 312 but it cost 5800 arghhh
Old 10-24-2010, 08:23 PM

Mein Auto: 11 550i
They are not made of suede. The anthracite has a black color with a suede like finish. All the ceiling plastic components are black. The overall effect is beautiful. The oyster gray headliner is what you see in every 5er in the dealership. It is a beautiful color and fabric, but not suede like. It is very ordinary.

14 550i Euro Del
14 X3 2.8i
11 550i Euro Del, Retired
08 550i Euro Del, Retired
06 330i Euro Del, Retired
04 545i Euro Del, Retired
01 530i Euro Del, Retired
Old 10-24-2010, 08:24 PM

ooowww i see, suede is so premium and i think i will ordering that bad boy too
Old 10-24-2010, 08:32 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharding View Post
They are not made of suede. The anthracite has a black color with a suede like finish. All the ceiling plastic components are black. The overall effect is beautiful. The oyster gray headliner is what you see in every 5er in the dealership. It is a beautiful color and fabric, but not suede like. It is very ordinary.
Sorry, I have the anthracite and it is actually the same material as the other headliners. It's like a woven cloth material. One nice thing though, they give you the cloth covered visors instead of the cheap looking vinyl ones.

2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm