Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 10-19-2010, 08:42 AM
Administrator

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
AutoSpies EXCLUSIVE: First Video Review Of The All New 2011 BMW X3 (F25)

AutoSpies tipped us off to their exclusive first review of the F25 BMW X3. As usually AutoSpies has a great run down of what you're getting on the new X3. Watch the video and

Agent 001 went down to Georgia, he was lookin' for a soul to steal.

Well, not really, he was actually looking to review the all new 2011 BMW X3. Check out the video to see 001's opinion of this total redesign.

Click over to AutoSpies.com for more info on the BMW X3 and other automotive news - http://www.autospies.com/news/EXCLUS...-BMW-X3-58522/

Read more Bimmerfest.com news about the F25 BMW X3
Advertisement
Old 10-19-2010, 12:11 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 X3, 2008 MT X3
I am impressed. the car looks nice. wish there was a manny tranny
Old 10-19-2010, 03:28 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Thanks

What? I was just beginning to enjoy it and it ended. That was too short.

It was the first real look I got to see of the sides without the special angles. I liked it.

I couldn't see things for the heads up display so maybe it just doesn't sow up well on camera.

Nice car. I wanted him to go over real legroom.

27 mpg? awesome!

Last edited by X3forlife; 10-19-2010 at 03:32 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:30 PM

I'm still annoyed by increased cargo space. If I was on the feedback committee, I would never had let this rest.

All I can think of is aiming for best in class. If that's the case, as soon as it was a square mm more, the rest should have gone to the back seat (as I have explained which makes it back and front since front seats can move back). The cargo space was fine. Nobody asked for more.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:57 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 335i Sport 6MT
I like the front and the back. The side profile tho , could easily be mistaken for a Hyundai. Gauge cluster seems barren

08' E90 335i, Sport, Premium, Logic 7, 6-spd
01' 330i TiAG, ZSP, ZPP, ZCW, 5spd - R.I.P 04/12- gone but not forgotten.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:56 PM

Mein Auto: 1988 BMW 750iL
Just a suggestion for your video reviewers

Try purchasing a foam windscreen for your microphone, or buy one already equipped.

Half the audio in your video review was inaudible due to an apparently strong Georgia wind.

Other alternatives include doing the review on the vehicle at an indoor location, purchasing better quality audio-visual equipment, or waiting for a less windy day to do an outdoor review.

Other than that, thanks for an informative review.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcweir View Post
Try purchasing a foam windscreen for your microphone, or buy one already equipped.

Half the audio in your video review was inaudible due to an apparently strong Georgia wind.

Other alternatives include doing the review on the vehicle at an indoor location, purchasing better quality audio-visual equipment, or waiting for a less windy day to do an outdoor review.

Other than that, thanks for an informative review.
I heard everything. LOL Increase the volume. I don't even remember the wind.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:43 PM

Mein Auto: 11 Z4 35is / 11 535Xi GT
The first X3 was not a "girly" car, it was an ugly car. The new rear looks much more like the original X5. It feels a little bit dated with the huge tail lights. I actually like the rear of the older X3 better. The front is a major improvement. I agree with the other poster about the side view looking odd. The whole line just does not flow. It feels like it was cut with a hacksaw.
What is up with the rear bumper being painted all the way to the bottom with this huge black band in the middle?
The X5 and X6 look way better but I guess it is an improvement over the previous X3 and the X1... I am waiting to look at the interior plastic in person. I have been shocked by the cheap feel and look of the previous X3, X1 and E90. I hope they corrected teh direction on the X3.
2009 Z4 30i Space Gray (retired)
2011 Z4 35is Space Gray
2011 535i GT xDrive Space Gray

Last edited by rafale; 10-25-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafale View Post
The first X3 was not a "girly" car, it was an ugly car. The new rear looks much more like the original X5. It feels a little bit dated with the huge tail lights. I actually like the rear of the older X3 better. The front is a major improvement. I agree with the other poster about the side view looking odd. The whole line just does not flow. It feels like it was cut with a hacksaw.
What is up with the rear bumper being painted all the way to the bottom with this huge black band in the middle?
The X5 and X6 look way better but I guess it is an improvement over the previous X3 and the X1... I am waiting to look at the interior plastic in person. I have been shocked by the cheap feel and look of the previous X3, X1 and E90. I hope they corrected teh direction on the X3.
The black stripe make it look slimmer. It began to look to fat from the side view of the rear once they changed to colored bumbers...too much junk in the trunk...lol

I like the stripe. I still think it looks a little fat in the rear but I think that is because of the upsloping window making the body to window ratio higher in the (side) back.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:24 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3forlife View Post
I'm still annoyed by increased cargo space. If I was on the feedback committee, I would never had let this rest.

All I can think of is aiming for best in class. If that's the case, as soon as it was a square mm more, the rest should have gone to the back seat (as I have explained which makes it back and front since front seats can move back). The cargo space was fine. Nobody asked for more.
On the contrary, customers asked for more room which is why it was increased.

My guess is folks don't want to spend $70k on an X5 and BMW increased the cargo space to woo folks away from Acura, MB, etc.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdbrandon View Post
On the contrary, customers asked for more room which is why it was increased.

My guess is folks don't want to spend $70k on an X5 and BMW increased the cargo space to woo folks away from Acura, MB, etc.
Do you have proof of this? There was enough room for every day life and when I have had to move stuff, I have put the seats down and used the cargo net and it was a HUGE amount of room. There's always the roof rack system if people need even more space.

My idea of putting it ALL to the back seat is the smartest. You rear customers are happy. If you would like to give this space to the front instead, both front people can move their seats back. The rear seats can always be folded for extra trunk space.

It really makes no sense. The only thing I can think of is maybe one of the competitors went up in space so they had to so they could say "best in class". I would much rather have 2 more inches in the back seat. They didn't talk to real people.

And just so you know, the X3 (I believe) had more trunk space than the X5 (the old one) already.

A compromise would have been to make adjustable rear seats. I've seen it in some SUVs.

More trunk space = more wasted space.