Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 10-25-2010, 03:09 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Lies

Have your family and friends been lying to you? have you been lying to yourself? lol

Now that I will ultimately be getting the new X3, people are being more honest.

Some have asked "You're getting the same car?" only to be relieved when I tell them it has been redone and looks better.

Even my mom told me it was fine but not for a younger man (I'm not even young but she is in her 60s). She thought I would pick something more sporty. lol She said it looked like a station wagon. lol What?

I have told myself "I like the looks".

Now that the new one is coming out, all the truth from people (and myself) is coming out. lol
I guess people didn't want to hurt my feelings. lol
Ads by Google
Old 10-25-2010, 08:23 PM
Ukemi - that's how I roll

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
So you plan on dropping $50k on a vehicle you haven't driven, has a first gen of just about everything (new mfg plant, new design, new transmission, new powerplant, and more)?

Although I have serious reservations about the new x3's choice of tires I still will entertain it after I have driven it and at least six months of customer reviews come out.

I listened to myself.
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more
Old 10-25-2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlengr View Post
So you plan on dropping $50k on a vehicle you haven't driven, has a first gen of just about everything (new mfg plant, new design, new transmission, new powerplant, and more)?

Although I have serious reservations about the new x3's choice of tires I still will entertain it after I have driven it and at least six months of customer reviews come out.

I listened to myself.
I am a bit nervous about that. I hope more reviews come out. I might wait a few more months. By Feb/March or so, there should be plenty of reviews out. Worse comes to worse I'll wait until October for the 2012 model.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3forlife View Post
I am a bit nervous about that. I hope more reviews come out. I might wait a few more months. By Feb/March or so, there should be plenty of reviews out. Worse comes to worse I'll wait until October for the 2012 model.
IF the ride is compensated for with the new adjustable set up that is where I am leaning. Not that all AT's are this way, but I was one of the many folks that got the nasty GM6 AT that was introduced with the 07 MY X3.

All the critics raved about the new X3 and and how it performed and handled. No one talked about the horrible (IMO) GM6 AT..how could they? The problem doesn't rear its ugly head until several months or thousand(s) miles later.

Had the thread I helped create been around, and had I known a MT was available I would saved myself a lot of aggravation and time and just ordered an MT right away.

I got burned by the "critics" when I bought the MY 05 GC and MY 07 X3. All were great revues and went out to say glorious things about the vehicles.

So for me, I will wait. If you happen to be one of the gamblers..great I eagerly await your feedback. As I will never trust the "critics" opinions again.
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7

Last edited by Evlengr; 10-25-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:19 PM

Quote:
IF the ride is compensated for with the new adjustable set up that is where I am leaning. Not that all AT's are this way, but I was one of the many folks that got the nasty GM6 AT that was introduced with the 07 MY X3.

All the critics raved about the new X3 and and how it performed and handled. No one talked about the horrible (IMO) GM6 AT..how could they? The problem doesn't rear its ugly head until several months or thousand(s) miles later.

Had the thread I helped create been around, and had I known a MT was available I would saved myself a lot of aggravation and time and just ordered an MT right away.

So for me, I will wait. If you happen to be one of the gamblers..great I eagerly await your feedback. As I will never trust the "critics" opinions again.
Yeah. It's tough to trust the reviewers. Already one criticized the power assisted steering and said it felt artificial. I read a different one and he said he loved the power assited steering. lol

Sometimes they will all jump on something...like the stiff ride of the first one.

Hasn't this AT been tested in some other car? I thought it was borrowed.

Out of curiosity, what used to happen with the old AT (mine is an '05...no problems). Was it just jerky or slow to respond to accelleration?

I do like the idea of waiting one year. They improved the 04 model of the X3 by making deals on the 3.0 because they wanted to phase out the 2.5, fixing the bluetooth problem etc.

If any rumors are leaked on what might be fixed...we'll see.

Last edited by X3forlife; 10-25-2010 at 10:20 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:28 PM

Don't take just my word for it. Just read a couple of the comments under the AT sticky. About 1 in 10 of the X3's with the GM6 tranny has problems. In my case severe enough to almost get me and my family killed.

In a $50k vehicle not accepatable. In fact in any vehicle not acceptable. Worse thing is BMWNA is still playing deaf on this one.

The new X3's AT has a proven track record in the 7 series, but who knows if they use the HPFP they have been using in the 3 series it will open up a whole new host of problems that I don't plan on being a "Beta" test on.

Also, with winter coming I don't want to buy a new vehicle only to have some goof in an escalade that thinks awd protects them on ice, slide into me with a new toy. Heart says yes, mind says NO! I am listening to the brain this go around.
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
Old 10-25-2010, 11:35 PM
Don't Judge Me!

Send a message via Yahoo to GiaGiaJa
Mein Auto: Sedan 328i iDrive AT
I adore you love X3
I love 3 and for now I'm not into X
For me X3 is mama's mini van. But you have to stick with what you like

Ohhhhh.... The ultimate attraction
"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves." Albert Einstein
Old 10-26-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Don't take just my word for it. Just read a couple of the comments under the AT sticky. About 1 in 10 of the X3's with the GM6 tranny has problems. In my case severe enough to almost get me and my family killed.

In a $50k vehicle not accepatable. In fact in any vehicle not acceptable. Worse thing is BMWNA is still playing deaf on this one.

The new X3's AT has a proven track record in the 7 series, but who knows if they use the HPFP they have been using in the 3 series it will open up a whole new host of problems that I don't plan on being a "Beta" test on.

Also, with winter coming I don't want to buy a new vehicle only to have some goof in an escalade that thinks awd protects them on ice, slide into me with a new toy. Heart says yes, mind says NO! I am listening to the brain this go around.
I've heard there were problems. I was just wondering exactly how the problem manifested itself.

I have seen how BMW can play the deny game. They did that with my bluetooth system (back when it was new to them) making me go over the steps over and over again. Then when I took it in, they didn't feel like fixing it so they told me it was my phone and I had to have one of the exact approved phones. There were only 2 with Cingular at the time. Mine was very close to one of them but not the exact model (a higher model). So I was so frustrated that I went to buy the Razor phone...which was almost $700 at the time. I brought it back and said "Now what?" Finally they had no excuses so they decide to fix it. It was that and the locking wouldn't give you any signal when you locked or unlocked the car. lol It finally turned out they said they had to do a software update to my computer but they wouldn't just admit it was messed up in the first place until I bought the phone. Once they fixed it, it worked with every bluethooth phone.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiaGiaJa View Post
I adore you love X3
I love 3 and for now I'm not into X
For me X3 is mama's mini van. But you have to stick with what you like
Yeah. It's cool. I got so used to the X3 that I feel weird driving cars now. It feels so low. lol
Old 10-31-2010, 10:27 PM

My mom called my car a station wagon again and said I should be driving something sportier. lol It is clearly taller than a station wagon.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:23 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 328i
Quote:
Yeah. It's cool. I got so used to the X3 that I feel weird driving cars now. It feels so low. lol
Lol... so true. I guess we will be the guinea pig for new X3.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:09 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 535ix and 2011 X5
Quote:

The dual scroll single turbo N55 now out in the 3, 5, 7, X5 has the diferent "more robust" HPFP. Still the engine is fairly new so who really know if the issue has been largely resolved. They are not part of the N54 recall though.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:27 AM
Alter Peter

Mein Auto: 2012 ///M3 LMB/Black
Quote:
My mom called my car a station wagon again and said I should be driving something sportier. lol It is clearly taller than a station wagon.
I plan to get the X3 for my wife, I guess I will have the best of both worlds (or is it three with the top down) ... driving high up in the X3 and very low in my toy

I will wait for the test drive before I make up my mind and order the X3 a lot depends on the tires. I so hate the RFT (price, noise and drive comfort).

Driving mt 2012 /// M3 LMB & Black Leather Interior Fully Loaded
I drove a Z4 35i across the USA in 2010 & loved it.
Somehow I just had to get back into the /// M3 and so I did.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
I plan to get the X3 for my wife, I guess I will have the best of both worlds (or is it three with the top down) ... driving high up in the X3 and very low in my toy

I will wait for the test drive before I make up my mind and order the X3 a lot depends on the tires. I so hate the RFT (price, noise and drive comfort).
Yeah...that's cool so long as she chooses a cool color. lol

Actually the X3 should have came out with a better blue. In our minds it is fun to pick colors but when it is time to choose we tend to stick with the classic, silvers, grays, and black. In the future, it would be cool if they could make a car that allows you to change color.

BMW thinks they are so smart. Obviously some colors did not sell well off the lot so they decided to not make a bunch and have them sit there. They are trying to tell us that these are colors specifically set aside as exclusive for those who order. If they were serious and gutsy, they would put aside a cool color like the Mineral Silver (which is new to the X3).

BMW seems like they are sticking with RFs. We can only hope technology keeps getting better. The reviewers seemed to think the ride is better than the current X3.

Last edited by X3forlife; 11-07-2010 at 07:56 AM.