Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)

E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
E36/7 Z3 Roadster, Z3 coupe, Z3 M Roadster and Z3 M Coupe talk with our gurus here.

Old 07-09-2010, 03:22 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1996 Z3
1996 Z3 V8 for sale

Hi Guys!

So the time has come……the ZV8 is being offered for sale!

http://hasanmotorsports.com/SaleSummary.htm

As many of you know I’ve spent many hours and even more dollars completing the build….it has been a true passion of mine, but it is time to let someone else enjoy the beast.

There are 12k miles on the conversion, last year I put a little over 3k miles on her and so far this year I’ve only put a couple hundred on. My commitments have grown, and my time for toys has shrunk considerably. There are several investment opportunities I have come across recently, and since the Z will see limited use in the foreseeable future I have decided to list her for sale.

That being said I will not respond to low-ball offers. I am willing to negotiate, for instance my sale price includes extras such as hardtop, spare Roadstars, spare 3.73 dual ear differential and other spare parts. If the buyer is not interested in the additional parts, I will reduce the price accordingly. However I am not desperate for this sale, and if no solid offers are made I will just hold onto her until I have more time to play.

All of the details can be found on my site. But the highlights include

•1996 Z3 (93k miles)
•2000 LS1 (42, miles)
•RPM Transmissions stage IV T56 6spd (6k miles)
•Some mild motor mods including some LS6 parts
•Custom equal length 1 7/8” long tube headers
•2.5” exhaust including X-pipe, cats and dual Magnaflow 14815’s
•Randy Forbes trunkfloor/differential reinforcement
•Body upgraded to ///M Roadster/Coupe panels
•AC Schnitzer splitters
•CCW Wheels (18x8.5” and 18x10.5”)
•TC Kline single adjustable coilovers
•UUC Wilwood brake kit
•Recaro Pole Positions, HMS Rollbar/Harnessbar, Momo 350mm steering wheel, ACS pedal covers Custom TSX projector retrofit, and other lighting upgrades
•Functional BMW gauge cluster (tach, speedo, odom, fuel)

• Any wear part directly/indirectly related to the swap has been replaced within the past 12k miles
• This includes motor/tranny bushings, control arm and sway bar bushings, ball joints, tie rods, strut/shock mounts, rear trailing arm bushings, subframe bushings, brake pads, brake fluid, brake lines, fuel lines, filters….nothing has been overlooked.
• Over $40k invested in parts since 2005

Asking $28,900

Questions - ls1z3roadster@gmail.com

Here are a few pictures. I hope to snap some new ones this weekend showing areas these may not show (hardtop, Recaro's etc. etc.)

Old 08-05-2010, 05:51 PM

Mein Auto: 97 Z3
roll bar

what roll bar is that?? I NEED ONE!!!
Old 08-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1996 Z3
HMS Sportbar. I also have the harness bar for it (need to upload some recent pictures).

I'll sell you mine and throw the car in with it
Old 08-06-2010, 02:14 AM

Mein Auto: 97 Z3
I wish!

if i had the cash, i would love to buy it! i might be able to help though, theres a guy out here where i live in south carolina called "PLAYS WITH CARS" this guy has alot of exotics, im talking about the owner, not so much the cars for sale, look him up, his names Danny, he may want it, i would look it up for you but i have to leave for work in a min. good luck, thank you for the info, and good job on the build
Old 08-23-2010, 11:04 AM

Mein Auto: 2000 M Roadster
Bump for a very cool car. GLWS.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Overly Intellectual

Mein Auto: 2002 M5, 1999 M Roadster
Did the car sell? I was just going to ask how many people here might have a V8 conversion...

I saw on Wikipedia that Hartge and AC Shnitzer each did a V8 conversion. Any others out there?
Old 11-08-2010, 10:31 PM
Rad Racer World Champion

Mein Auto: '08 Z4 M Coupé (S.Bronze)
I'm appalled and giddy as a schoolboy all at once

'08 Z4 M Coupé Sepang Bronze, Black/Black, Madeira Wood, CDV delete // 49th from End of Production

Last edited by aestheticstorm; 11-08-2010 at 10:34 PM.