Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > BMW News Articles and Announcements

BMW News Articles and Announcements
Read the latest BMW headlines and discuss them with your fellow bimmer enthusiasts!

Old 11-11-2010, 12:25 PM   #1
BMW Launches iPad Experience for Auto Show Attendees

tim330i
Administrator

Show Printable Version Email this Page

Advertisement
posted by tim330i

Is BMW a Apple fanboy? BMW sure seems to be in love with the Apple products, or at least the iPhone and iPad having showcased both a dash integration on the new F25 X3 and a E93 3 series convertible with a rear seat iPad mount. Now they're taking the iPad out of the car and using it as a display tool for the auto show. Interesting they're not using this at the LA auto show, one of the largest in the country. Perhaps Steve Jobs won't let them, or more realistically they're not sure how well this system is going to work and are testing it at the smaller South Florida International Auto Show.

Traditional Auto Show Specification Panels Replaced by Interactive iPads

For the first time in the United States, BMW will launch an interactive and innovative iPad experience for Auto Show consumers, which will debut at the South Florida International Auto Show in Miami. The traditional Auto Shows Specification panel used to display vehicle information and pricing will be replaced by interactive iPads.

In addition to displaying technical specification and pricing, the iPad offers consumers enhanced functionality such as the opportunity to design their own BMW using the digital configurator. Consumers can experience the dynamic features of the displayed models with the iPad's multimedia features, such as video content and photographs.

Auto Show consumers will have the opportunity to request additional details on the vehicle and can ask to be contacted directly by a local BMW center to schedule an appointment or test drive.

The iPad application has both English and Spanish language settings. The vehicle configurator allows consumers to explore the various color, wheel and interior options that are available for each model.

BMW's iPad application differs from other luxury vehicles use of technology in that is customized for each vehicle. The iPads are located adjacent to each model, and there is one iPad per vehicle on the showroom floor.

Consumers can experience the iPad from November 5th through November 14th at the South Florida International Auto Show. BMW will roll out the iPad experience to other Auto Shows in North America.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW-Launches-iPad-Experience-for-Auto-Show-Attendees_1.jpg
Views:	12077
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	254229   Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW-Launches-iPad-Experience-for-Auto-Show-Attendees_2.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	254230  

This article has been viewed 4979 times.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:41 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 540iA
But why does the car image look more like a Buick than a BMW?
BMWCCA#401441
Old 11-12-2010, 01:23 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 535d
In one year's time, this will be looked upon as so "2010."

I suspect that most attendees will be more interested in the iPad itself than the BMW being exhibited on the device. Those that own iPads already will probably have no interest at all.

Current
2014 535d, M Sport, Space Gray/Mocha Nappa
Prior
2007 530i, White/Black, 6MT
2001 530i, Orient Blue/Beige, 5MT
1994 325is, White/Black 5MT
1984 325e, White/Black 5MT
1983 318i, Delphin/Beige 4MT
Old 11-12-2010, 04:59 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 C350 Sport
At least someones finding a use for the ipad...hardly newsworthy though.

2011-2014: Mercedes-Benz C350 Sport W204//Arctic White//P1//Split Folding

2010-2011: '11 128i E82//6AT//SpaceGray//Value//Heated Steering//Heated Seats//Moonroof

2009-2010: '06 325i E90//6MT//Sapphire Black//Beige//Dark Burl//Premium//Cold

2006-2009: '02 325ci E46//5MT//Steel Blue Metallic//Grey//Premium//Heated Seats
Old 11-14-2010, 08:01 AM
Wrenchin'

Mein Auto: E46 M3
I'd like to use my iPad to check the DME for codes