Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 11-21-2010, 02:42 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 328xi sportwagen
Invoice price

Does anyone know the invoice price of base car and all the packages and options? Thanks,
Advertisement
Old 11-21-2010, 03:11 PM

Mein Auto: 328xi E90
invoice prices for the 2011 X3 are now available on edmunds.com (and I'm sure on other similar sites, just haven't looked)

no word yet on what people are actually paying, suspect most are at or very close to MSRP, doubt any dealer has need to discount, there are plenty of people ordering a new X3 without even seeing one.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:47 PM
Ukemi - that's how I roll

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pault View Post
invoice prices for the 2011 X3 are now available on edmunds.com (and I'm sure on other similar sites, just haven't looked)

no word yet on what people are actually paying, suspect most are at or very close to MSRP, doubt any dealer has need to discount, there are plenty of people ordering a new X3 without even seeing one.
Not in my neighborhood and just about every fourth car is high end. After being burned with the MY 2007 I want to get the 2011 but won't touch one without driving it and no history.

The dealer said they wont be dealing on price. I said that's ok I won't buy one then.

We'll see what happens in January with sales numbers.
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more
Old 11-21-2010, 08:59 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlengr View Post

The dealer said they wont be dealing on price. I said that's ok I won't buy one then.

We'll see what happens in January with sales numbers.
That sucks. They'll break eventually. Maybe summertime. At that point though it might be best to wait until October for the new 2012. At THAT point, might as well wait until November for the Holiday specials...lol
Old 11-21-2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3forlife View Post
That sucks. They'll break eventually. Maybe summertime. At that point though it might be best to wait until October for the new 2012. At THAT point, might as well wait until November for the Holiday specials...lol
Agreed. Everyone is saying the economy has recovered; not seeing that.

And, with the 335 troubles (huge recall) the crappy gran tourismo sales, etc... I think they will change their tune quickly.

If this model has a hint of trouble they will be screwed.
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
Old 11-27-2010, 11:13 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 328i
Quote:

I think, just my personal opinion, that it is pretty naive to trust the invoice price listed on edmunds.com. How much do they list it there, 33,810 for the base model, correct? If this is true then the dealership should make at least 700 or more dollars margin on a sale. In a few days, or even in a few hours I might be able to provide the details of a real signed deal on a new 2011 X3 that shows the sale price no where near that margin.

This forum used to have real invoice pricing, but lately it seems to be some issues with freedom of speech on this site Not only noone is posting the invoice pricing, but also, as I personally noticed, no one even "talks" about the pricing.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to jdeday
Mein Auto: 2005 BMW X3 3.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishenka View Post
I think, just my personal opinion, that it is pretty naive to trust the invoice price listed on edmunds.com. How much do they list it there, 33,810 for the base model, correct? If this is true then the dealership should make at least 700 or more dollars margin on a sale. In a few days, or even in a few hours I might be able to provide the details of a real signed deal on a new 2011 X3 that shows the sale price no where near that margin.

This forum used to have real invoice pricing, but lately it seems to be some issues with freedom of speech on this site Not only noone is posting the invoice pricing, but also, as I personally noticed, no one even "talks" about the pricing.
Please keep us updated.
2005 X3 3.0, Mystic Blue Metallic, Sand Beige Leather Interior, Birch Grain Light Wood Trim, Steptronic Transmission, Premium Package, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Satellite Radio Prep, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Heated Steering Wheel, Premium Sound, Power Folding Mirrors and NAVIGATION RETROFIT
Old 11-27-2010, 05:13 PM

Here is the promised price: in upstate NY in the area with only two dealerships the real sale price for a base 2011 X3 xDrive28i is $34,100. Now if edmunds claims the invoice is 33,810 then well... don't you find it hard to believe? As far as I know a dealership is not exactly a charitable organization Draw your own conclusion.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Here is the promised price: in upstate NY in the area with only two dealerships the real sale price for a base 2011 X3 xDrive28i is $34,100. Now if edmunds claims the invoice is 33,810 then well... don't you find it hard to believe? As far as I know a dealership is not exactly a charitable organization Draw your own conclusion.

I can ask an old friend if you are talking about the BMW dealer in Utica. He is a salesperson there and could probably get me real info as long as we don't use his name. I'll ask. Completely forgot he works there.
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
Old 11-28-2010, 08:18 AM
Drink the koolaid or else

Send a message via Yahoo to kjboyd
Mein Auto: 2009 MINI Cooper Clubman
Quote:
Edmunds doesn't include maco and training, which are usually $300-400 and $200. so, yes, it really is right... because maco changes by region and dealer.

-----
2009 MINI Cooper Clubman - "Oxley"
Nightfire Red/NFR, Tuscan Leather, CP, PP, CW, Roof Rails & Aero Kit, 16" Bridge Spokes, Xenon, Auto, English Oak Trim & Wood Wheel, Alarm, Hi-Fi

-------

2007 Volvo S60 2.5T
2007 X3.0si PlatBronze/Beige
2006 X3 3.0i, Flamenco Red/Beige
1997 528iA, Oxford/Tan
1994 318iS, Black/Gray
1979 528iA, RubyRed, Tan
1971 2002, Sahara, Saddle
Old 11-28-2010, 08:28 AM

Mein Auto: '06 X3
Good point Kevin.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjboyd View Post
Edmunds doesn't include maco and training, which are usually $300-400 and $200. so, yes, it really is right... because maco changes by region and dealer.
Sorry, but I do not see how maco and training fees make the edmunds listed invoice price logical. Like I said, the final price of a real signed deal is 34,100 plus tax and dmv fees. That's all. Maco and training fees according to some explanation found on this and similar forums are money that BWM charges the dealership for some bogus services. The dealership passes them along to a customer. Is my understanding of maco and training fees correct? If this is the case then by selling the car for 34,100 the dealership still have to pay BMW maco and training around 500, correct? And the edmunds list the invoice at 38,810. Can anyone do the math here???
Old 11-28-2010, 01:22 PM

Mein Auto: 328xi E90
Quote:
Sorry, but I do not see how maco and training fees make the edmunds listed invoice price logical. Like I said, the final price of a real signed deal is 34,100 plus tax and dmv fees. That's all. Maco and training fees according to some explanation found on this and similar forums are money that BWM charges the dealership for some bogus services. The dealership passes them along to a customer. Is my understanding of maco and training fees correct? If this is the case then by selling the car for 34,100 the dealership still have to pay BMW maco and training around 500, correct? And the edmunds list the invoice at 38,810. Can anyone do the math here???
The invoice price isn't the same as what the dealer paid. There could be other incentives behind the scenes that are between dealer and manufacturer. What invoice pricing gives the car buyer is a figure that is closer to what the dealer paid, but it's a guide/indicator, not an absolute.

in your case the math makes sense, the dealer sold you a car for a price that allowed them to make a profit there are happy with, you just don't know what is was. I suspect it was more than the $410 that is the difference between price you paid and the invoice that edmunds quote!

What is great, and the rest of us should thank you for, is a real number of the deal you closed on a new X3, congrats on the price, I would be very happy if that was me.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:13 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Quote:
The invoice price isn't the same as what the dealer paid. There could be other incentives behind the scenes that are between dealer and manufacturer. What invoice pricing gives the car buyer is a figure that is closer to what the dealer paid, but it's a guide/indicator, not an absolute.

in your case the math makes sense, the dealer sold you a car for a price that allowed them to make a profit there are happy with, you just don't know what is was. I suspect it was more than the $410 that is the difference between price you paid and the invoice that edmunds quote!

What is great, and the rest of us should thank you for, is a real number of the deal you closed on a new X3, congrats on the price, I would be very happy if that was me.
I'm sure he was just sharing. Who would buy an X3 with no options?
Old 11-28-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3forlife View Post
I'm sure he was just sharing. Who would buy an X3 with no options?
I was sharing the information of a real deal. It was not me who ordered the car - it was my co-worker. I only helped to negotiate. Why this person wanted bare bones x3? I do not know; maybe because x3 with no option was exactly what this person needed? After all there are no options that enhance the way the BMW drives. Most options are simply a convenience and/or luxury items. We all value different things and it is pointless to convince anyone that what you think is good will actually be good for the other person.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:26 PM

Funny you mention training as a cost. I am thinking I can deduct price from the invoice because in every case I have had to teach the SA or salesperson at every dealership I have been too.

Not one of them had a clear understanding of BMW, their vehicles, and especially the technical attributes of the vehicle.

I rememeber years ago (almost 30) when I sold stereo equipment I could tell you just about everything there was to know on any piece in the store down to the component level.

Going to have to remember this when if I get another one as I will want the charge removed as it is not applicable.
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7