Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 09-07-2010, 09:44 AM
Administrator

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
Details on BMW X3 (F25) Production at Spartanburg, S.C.

BMW Manufacturing announced today that production of the new BMW X3 Sports Activity Vehicle got underway at the South Carolina plant.

In early 2008, BMW Group announced that it would invest $750 million in the South Carolina plant, its largest investment in South Carolina to date. This commitment paved the way for construction of a new Assembly Hall built exclusively to produce the BMW X3 along with a significant expansion to the existing Paint Shop. This 1.5 million square foot addition increases the plant's total footprint to over 4.0 million square feet.

"The launch of the new X3 will mark a historic moment for this plant. I am confident that the BMW X3 is once again going to make our plant a leader in the Sports Activity segment," stated Josef Kerscher, President, BMW Manufacturing Co. in Spartanburg.

Within the last 7 years, the first-generation BMW X3 has been an extraordinary success story for the BMW Group. The BMW X3 began production in 2004. After production of over 600,000 units, the last vehicle of the first model generation, a Vermilion red metallic BMW X3 xDrive35d, came off the line in Austria yesterday.

With the model change, production of the X3 was relocated to the South Carolina plant based on existing manufacturing proficiency of the BMW X5 and X6 models. The US plant has become the expertise center for the BMW X Models. The addition of the third model to the plant's vehicle mix has created several hundred new jobs and increased BMW's total investment in South Carolina to $4.6 billion since 1992.

Follow our full F25 X3 coverage at http://www.bimmerfest.com/tag/F25
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P90065943.jpg
Views:	578
Size:	206.6 KB
ID:	245064   Click image for larger version

Name:	P90065942.jpg
Views:	543
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	245065  
Advertisement
Old 11-30-2010, 07:11 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW X3
i like the nex x3 it looks nice but one question can you buy a car or order one from the plant if you drive there
Old 11-30-2010, 08:10 PM
Ukemi - that's how I roll

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW FAN95 View Post
i like the nex x3 it looks nice but one question can you buy a car or order one from the plant if you drive there

Yes, I asked my sales associate this. They will also set you up in a hotel and give you the "Full Treatment" along with driving school.
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more
Old 11-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Tar Heel Faithful

Send a message via AIM to AzNMpower32
Mein Auto: 2014 Mazda3 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW FAN95 View Post
Yes, you purchase thru your local BMW dealer of your choice and ask for Performance Centre Delivery. There is a section on this forum that specifically addresses the details of this programme.

There is no upcharge for the order or PCD but you have to find a way to get there (airfare or train) and drive the vehicle back. The destination charge still applies. Nonethless it is highly recommended. I've been there and although it's not quite as astounding as BMW Welt or even the Dingolfing plant, it is still worth the trip.