Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 12-06-2010, 10:11 PM

Mein Auto: Audi
Best Experience Buying A Car

Well actually I just ordered it today. I had been working with Steve Thomas BMW in Camarillo CA for awhile now and decided to pull the trigger. I ordered a 550i M Sport. Iím telling you that the customer service was AMAZING. They are a smaller dealer, not real small but just not as big as some of the more popular ones. I really have not got anything negative to say about them. So far this has been the best experience buying a car yet. Hopefully all goes well on the pickup when it comes in, I will keep you posted.
Ads by Google
Old 12-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 550i
Congrats on pulling the trigger! Hopefully you will not have to wait too long for your car to be delivered.

I had an excellent CA, quite knowledgeable, and unafraid to recommend options that he thought would fit me. The car I ended up ordering is my dream car! And the negotiation and financing were very transparent, so I ended up with a very good feeling at the end of the process. I am ready to repeat the experience in a few years!
ED on Sep. 28, 2010: 550i Dark Graphite Metallic, Oyster/Black Nappa Leather, Anthracite Wood Trim, Convenience Package, Driver Assistance Package, Premium Package 1 (Std.) & 2, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Dynamic Handling Package, Active Cruise Control, Head-Up Display, Side and Top View Cameras, 4-Zone Automatic Climate Control.

Retired: 2008 528i Space Gray.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa View Post
Congrats on pulling the trigger! Hopefully you will not have to wait too long for your car to be delivered.

I had an excellent CA, quite knowledgeable, and unafraid to recommend options that he thought would fit me. The car I ended up ordering is my dream car! And the negotiation and financing were very transparent, so I ended up with a very good feeling at the end of the process. I am ready to repeat the experience in a few years!
The car I order is similarly equipped with a couple more things on it. I cant wait. How do you like the active cruise?
Old 12-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2004 325i
Hey Sherman, since I'm currently debating between the 550i vs the 535, what made you choose the larger engine over the gas mileage of the 535?
Old 12-07-2010, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionTheory View Post
Hey Sherman, since I'm currently debating between the 550i vs the 535, what made you choose the larger engine over the gas mileage of the 535?
I kinda went crazy with options to the tune of $77,000 for a 535i. It was 5k for the 550i and I thought it would not only be more fun but for that money be more inline with getting a 550i. It also felt a little bit more solid too. When all said you only get 5MPG less in the 550.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:35 PM

Hope that helps. It was a very tough decision though between the 535 and the 550.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:41 PM

This will be my first BMW. I have always liked them but was never completely swayed to buy one until now. I felt that BMW has made leaps and bounds in technology, fit and finish. and luxury with this car.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:34 AM
Qualityhound

Mein Auto: 2011 535Xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman B View Post
This will be my first BMW. I have always liked them but was never completely swayed to buy one until now. I felt that BMW has made leaps and bounds in technology, fit and finish. and luxury with this car.
Congratulations! You will love your car.