Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-06-2010, 12:58 PM
GI Juggs GI Juggs is offline
GI Juggs
Location: Sacramento
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3
Mein Auto: 2006 325i
Question HELP!! Clueless girlfriend needs xmas help for my boyfriends M3

Hello!

My boyfriend recently had his VERY top of the line car stereo stolen out of his 2002 M3. He has had his stereo stolen and replaced on multiple occasions now and is sick of replacing it! He is contemplating selling and moving into a a less flashy model BMW (it gets TONS of unwanted attention). That being said, he is not wanting to dump anymore money into the M3. He recently purchased a stock in-dash "Professional Series" CD player made by Alpine and installed it. I believe the CD player came out of a 2001 330i. For Christmas I would like to purchase him an adapter for iphone/pod. Who uses CD's these days?? I'm looking for the least expensive route and something that hopefully connects directly to the back of the stereo and will charge the iphone while playing it... not just an AUX input. He isn't interested in the whole XM, bluetooth, etc, etc... Just the ability to play and charge his iphone! I am not sure what the part is I'm needing... I know I probably am going to need more information but any points in the right direction would be greatly appreciated! I'm hoping it's a simple cord that I can order off e-bay etc... He's pretty knowledgeable in that department, I'm sure whatever it is he'll easily be able to install himself. Big thing is I'm trying to be sneaky and impress him with my ability to find the right part all on my own!!! ha ha ha



Thanks!
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 12-06-2010, 01:04 PM
Nando779 Nando779 is offline
Registered User
Location: Tucson, Az
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,188
Send a message via AIM to Nando779 Send a message via Yahoo to Nando779
Mein Auto: 2003 325Ci, Orient Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by GI Juggs View Post
Hello!

My boyfriend recently had his VERY top of the line car stereo stolen out of his 2002 M3. He has had his stereo stolen and replaced on multiple occasions now and is sick of replacing it! He is contemplating selling and moving into a a less flashy model BMW (it gets TONS of unwanted attention). That being said, he is not wanting to dump anymore money into the M3. He recently purchased a stock in-dash "Professional Series" CD player made by Alpine and installed it. I believe the CD player came out of a 2001 330i. For Christmas I would like to purchase him an adapter for iphone/pod. Who uses CD's these days?? I'm looking for the least expensive route and something that hopefully connects directly to the back of the stereo and will charge the iphone while playing it... not just an AUX input. He isn't interested in the whole XM, bluetooth, etc, etc... Just the ability to play and charge his iphone! I am not sure what the part is I'm needing... I know I probably am going to need more information but any points in the right direction would be greatly appreciated! I'm hoping it's a simple cord that I can order off e-bay etc... He's pretty knowledgeable in that department, I'm sure whatever it is he'll easily be able to install himself. Big thing is I'm trying to be sneaky and impress him with my ability to find the right part all on my own!!! ha ha ha



Thanks!
You mean like the cars we are driving? Hehe. There is an E46 M3 board and your not on it but I'll help you out anyways since you don't know how to use the search function.

http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/pr...d-Kit-by-DICE/

http://www.amazon.com/USA-SPEC-PA12-.../dp/B000SKUBWE
__________________

My bimmer and the son of Sam himself.

http://www.facebook.com/Nando.Alvarez
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-06-2010, 01:16 PM
GI Juggs GI Juggs is offline
GI Juggs
Location: Sacramento
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3
Mein Auto: 2006 325i
Well, I didn't post in the M3 forum because the stock stereo that is in his M3 is not from an M3.... Came from a 01 or 02 330i. I know M3's have different specs than for instance my 06' 325.... should I still post in M3 forum???
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-06-2010, 01:18 PM
Nando779 Nando779 is offline
Registered User
Location: Tucson, Az
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,188
Send a message via AIM to Nando779 Send a message via Yahoo to Nando779
Mein Auto: 2003 325Ci, Orient Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by GI Juggs View Post
Well, I didn't post in the M3 forum because the stock stereo that is in his M3 is not from an M3.... Came from a 01 or 02 330i. I know M3's have different specs than for instance my 06' 325.... should I still post in M3 forum???
Why, I just posted what you are looking for did you not see that ?
__________________

My bimmer and the son of Sam himself.

http://www.facebook.com/Nando.Alvarez
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-06-2010, 01:35 PM
GI Juggs GI Juggs is offline
GI Juggs
Location: Sacramento
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3
Mein Auto: 2006 325i
I did... I guess I was asking if it would be helpful to post in M3 forum in order to get additional feedback.

Is this essentially what you linked me to?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Perip...fAudioQ5fVideo
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Billy D Billy D is offline
Registered User
Location: DC
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: '03 325iT
check out Dice. somewhere around $150. Nice girlfriend

http://diceelectronics.com/vehicle-ipod-info
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-06-2010, 02:04 PM
Nando779 Nando779 is offline
Registered User
Location: Tucson, Az
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,188
Send a message via AIM to Nando779 Send a message via Yahoo to Nando779
Mein Auto: 2003 325Ci, Orient Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by GI Juggs View Post
I did... I guess I was asking if it would be helpful to post in M3 forum in order to get additional feedback.

Is this essentially what you linked me to?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Perip...fAudioQ5fVideo
Yeah basically the same thing however I do not know about that brand at all and it's reliability. I personally have the USA-Spec BMW Ipod kit and I love it.
__________________

My bimmer and the son of Sam himself.

http://www.facebook.com/Nando.Alvarez
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-06-2010, 02:37 PM
jcourcoul jcourcoul is offline
Supporter of Bimmer Lore
Location: Mexico
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 5,192
Mein Auto: 2006 325Ci
Yes, Ms. Juggs, the DICE will allow the iPod/iPad/iPhone to be plugged into the car, play music thru the stereo, charge the device and even see what's playing on the stock radio's display.

There are cheaper alternatives, but they wouldn't be worthy of an ///M3, Ms. Juggs.
__________________

2006 325Ci
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-06-2010, 03:00 PM
GiaGiaJa's Avatar
GiaGiaJa GiaGiaJa is offline
Don't Judge Me!
Location: 36.19N 115.22W
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,436
Send a message via Yahoo to GiaGiaJa
Mein Auto: Sedan 328i iDrive AT
I just love your name GI Juggs
You such a wonderful girlfriend!!
What are you wishing for xmas for yourself?


Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp
__________________

Ohhhhh.... The ultimate attraction
"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves." Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-06-2010, 07:28 PM
aleks's Avatar
aleks aleks is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Columbia, SC
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 366
Mein Auto: 2004 330xi
I second the DICE option. Got it in my 330xi and it works great.
__________________
-------------
<(OO) ||| ||| (OO)> 2004 330xi ZPP Titanium Silver
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-07-2010, 08:22 AM
phlfly's Avatar
phlfly phlfly is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Leesburg, VA
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,416
Mein Auto: 07' 550i
Or this one http://www.logjamelectronics.com/ipodbmw.html
__________________


BMW CCA Member, Capital Chapter
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-07-2010, 08:52 AM
kunal_D's Avatar
kunal_D kunal_D is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Toronto, Canada
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,536
Mein Auto: 2008 335i Sport 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GI Juggs View Post
Hello!

My boyfriend recently had his VERY top of the line car stereo stolen out of his 2002 M3. He has had his stereo stolen and replaced on multiple occasions now and is sick of replacing it! He is contemplating selling and moving into a a less flashy model BMW (it gets TONS of unwanted attention). That being said, he is not wanting to dump anymore money into the M3. He recently purchased a stock in-dash "Professional Series" CD player made by Alpine and installed it. I believe the CD player came out of a 2001 330i. For Christmas I would like to purchase him an adapter for iphone/pod. Who uses CD's these days?? I'm looking for the least expensive route and something that hopefully connects directly to the back of the stereo and will charge the iphone while playing it... not just an AUX input. He isn't interested in the whole XM, bluetooth, etc, etc... Just the ability to play and charge his iphone! I am not sure what the part is I'm needing... I know I probably am going to need more information but any points in the right direction would be greatly appreciated! I'm hoping it's a simple cord that I can order off e-bay etc... He's pretty knowledgeable in that department, I'm sure whatever it is he'll easily be able to install himself. Big thing is I'm trying to be sneaky and impress him with my ability to find the right part all on my own!!! ha ha ha



Thanks!

Dice has a unit that integrates , the ipod, satellite radio and bluetooth. I believe it' called the Media Bridge.
__________________

08' E90 335i, Sport, Premium, Logic 7, 6-spd
01' 330i TiAG, ZSP, ZPP, ZCW, 5spd - R.I.P 04/12- gone but not forgotten.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-07-2010, 09:01 AM
Nando779 Nando779 is offline
Registered User
Location: Tucson, Az
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,188
Send a message via AIM to Nando779 Send a message via Yahoo to Nando779
Mein Auto: 2003 325Ci, Orient Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal_D View Post
Dice has a unit that integrates , the ipod, satellite radio and bluetooth. I believe it' called the Media Bridge.
Yep, it runs around $300 with all the bells and whistles

http://diceelectronics.com/mediabridge-for-bmw.html
__________________

My bimmer and the son of Sam himself.

http://www.facebook.com/Nando.Alvarez
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-10-2010, 05:23 PM
ilian007 ilian007 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Sacramento, California
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 199
Mein Auto: BMW 530i 2002
Hi Everybody,

I've have been using the USA spec PA12-BMW for an year. It wasnt charging the Ipod. I opened it to check what the problem might be and figured out one fuse is blown. (The module should be able to charge Ipod by default). I changed the fuse and it burned again.
I want to buy new module. However, not sure if the DICE or the PA12-BMW ? Any other options ?

1. The PA12-BMW is made very very poorly .. the board solder looks like made by unproffesional china facility.
2. The PA12-BMW dont show the current track. For example if you leave it to play a few tracks by itself and then click button Next on the car stereo it wont go to the actual next song but to the next one of the song you first started. Like if you start 3rd song and leave it to play songs by itself until 8th song. If you press next on the car stereo it will go to 4th song and not to 9th song.
3. I believe there is no fast forward within the song
4. Text display of the song on my BMW E39 530i 2002 is not alright.
5. Doesnt Support Cyrilic

sooo... PA12-BMW or the last model of DICE money doesnt matter in that case.
Thank you

Last edited by ilian007; 12-10-2010 at 05:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2002, cd player, e46 i-pod adapter, iphone, ipod


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms