Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 12-09-2010, 10:45 PM
Ukemi - that's how I roll

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3forlife View Post
One word about Bose (maybe I disagree with EE a little). lol I'm not familiar with all their products. The one Bose thing I own is the Bose Sounddock for the Ipod. I love it. When I was looking for a portable speaker system for the ipod some years back (and price was no issue at all...was just looking for the best 1 piece system), I tested many and almost all were junk. The Bose Sounddock showed its superiority so I got it. A good song to test with is Beyonce's "Naughty Girl". If you play this on different sound systems, you can hear differences right away.

Props to the Sound dock. I saw a commercial that they have made it battery rechargeable now...that's not the one I am referring to so I can't vouch for that. The plug in one is tight for a portable 1 piece system. It's the best I've found.
This is all moot since BMW ISN'T using BOSE, Bose home systems are very different from a car system (that is specifically) tuned for the cars interior, and yes I own several Bose products but there are different technologies employed between car and home.

Please one of you enlightened people that insist on debating post about your profession as it applies to the X3 so I can debate you on that. I wouldn't since its not my area of expertise.

Oy Vey --time for some Excedrin and a shot of jack.
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more
Old 12-10-2010, 12:14 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlengr View Post
This is all moot since BMW ISN'T using BOSE, Bose home systems are very different from a car system (that is specifically) tuned for the cars interior, and yes I own several Bose products but there are different technologies employed between car and home.

Please one of you enlightened people that insist on debating post about your profession as it applies to the X3 so I can debate you on that. I wouldn't since its not my area of expertise.

Oy Vey --time for some Excedrin and a shot of jack.
Funny...I wrote a long response then I thought forget it...lol Ultimately we are talking about opinions on sound and not expertise. In fact, as I stated, it may be that expertise may be creating stiffer requirements for contentment.

Sharing a different opinion just lets the OP know that he should just go check these out for himself (Premium, Bose, etc).

Correct me if I'm wrong...I think the premium is Harmon Kardon right? I have had a good experience with them on my laptop too...so I guess I like HK and you don't...no biggie.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:22 AM

I wonder if the X3 is even using HK anymore. I just checked the website and they didn't say anything about HK so we may not even be arguing about the same premium system that I have. Back in 2005, premium was HK. Anyway I'm bored with this topic. I just think the OP should go listen for himself.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:45 AM

Mein Auto: LCI X3
Quote:
Sharing a different opinion just lets the OP know that he should just go check these out for himself (Premium, Bose, etc).
That was precisely my point but look where it ended up.

From now on I'll try to keep my uneducated, blissfully stupid, point of view to myself.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMc View Post

From now on I'll try to keep my uneducated, blissfully stupid, point of view to myself.
I like that...blissfully stupid point of view. lol I wonder if it is ever smart to get rid of the "stupid" at the expense of the "blissful" if it is not causing you or others any harm. lol Therein lies the key question.

I will join you on that blissfully stupid point of view...lol on this topic. By the way, do you know if they are still using HK speakers on the premium? I'd like to be clear that I am vouching for the premium that was used in 2005. I don't know what they are doing now.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMc View Post

It went beyond opinion when you told me I was full of BS and challenged my abilities.

You continued to misinform others by stating that paper and plastic were still used commonly on most systems in cars. They are not.

You then went on to try to validate things by pulling up info on Bose HOME systems. The technology that is employed there is very different from what is used in a vehicle.

And finally tried to state that BMW's quality control on external components is exact because they set the specs (which in fact are far inferior to most technical specs). They have also shown that their quality control on sub contracted components have fallen way below expectations. Such as the HPFP, or in my case the GM6 AT.

And as I have stated time and time and time again. If you are happy with it..that's great. Some aren't. Those that aren't I am happy to help.

In closing, since I have not heard the new sound system I should not have passed judgement on it. Historically, the sound systems in BMW X3's have not been remotely competitive to even entry level cars such as a Ford Fusion. Hence, my negative reviews of BMW's sound systems.

I am happy that your sound system appeals to you, but in my professional opinion the ROI is not there and should be challenged on a $50k vehicle.
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
Old 12-10-2010, 01:00 PM

I still don't know if we are talking about the same system. The premium system I'm backing is the Harmon Kardon system found on the 2005 X3. I can't comment on the others if they have changed it.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:11 PM
HMFIC

Mein Auto: 2002 ///M3
Quote:
I still don't know if we are talking about the same system.
Then maybe we should all stop talking(errr, writing) and go listen to the new one.

Old 12-10-2010, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJS View Post
Then maybe we should all stop talking(errr, writing) and go listen to the new one.
lol That's what some of us have been saying. It IS all subjective though.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
lol That's what some of us have been saying. It IS all subjective though.

It is and it isnt. It is if you like it. And that is all that really matters.

Comparing specs will help make a more defined decision in a lot of cases.

And that is objective.

Especially since none of us have even driven one.
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7