Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E39 (1997 - 2003)

E39 (1997 - 2003)
The BMW 5-Series (E39 chassis) was introduced in the United States as a 1997 model year car and lasted until the 2004 when the E60 chassis was released. The United States saw several variations including the 525i, 528i, 530i and 540i. -- View the E39 Wiki

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2010, 12:04 PM
Bimmerholic

Mein Auto: 2001 530 SP/PP/CWP/Slush
Quote:
Originally Posted by doru View Post
Riskant, in this thread serviced his tranny at ZF Industries - Dortmund. In post #11 he posted that ZF recommends to change the ATF at 100,000 - 120,000 Kms max (60-75 k miles). That's right from the horses mouth.
Having mine done for the first time in two weeks, 65k miles. I have no idea what ATF to use (and don't have the time or energy to wade through all the opinions) so I'll probably defer to the guys at VAC Motorsports recommend. Hoping/praying my TC seal is still intact.

2001 530 Steel Blue Metallic, purchased Dec 03
SP/PP/CWP/Slushbox (I know I know)

OEM M5 bumper, 40% Huper Optik ceramic tint, Dice Silverline Pro iPod adapter, 540SP radial spokes, Zimmerman Z-Coat rotors w/ Hawk HPS pads
"Mods": driveshaft, cooling system, Vanos, CCV, PSR, VCG, FSU, spark plugs, buncha belts-n-hoses, & other things I'd just as soon forget

BMW CCA member for 12 years