Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E36 /7 Z3 (1996-2002)

E36 /7 Z3 (1996-2002)
E36/7 Z3 roadster and coupe talk with our gurus here.

Old 12-15-2010, 08:30 AM

Mein Auto: 2003 BMW Z4 2.5i
Side Marker/Circular Fender Trim Piece, 03, Z4 2.5i

Hi everyone,

Itís great to be part of the forum!* Iím having trouble locating a part(s) and was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.*
My Z4 was vandalized last weekend, what it looks like someone did was kick the front passenger side fender several times near the seam of the door panel, destroying the side marker/repeater and that circular fender panel itís attached to, so Iím going to need to replace those 2-3 parts.
The side BMW logo and lighting module were missing and had been broken off of the painted circular fender piece when I found the car.* The circular piece will not secure back onto the fender.
Iím going to go used to replace these because I have a high insurance deductible and I donít want my rates going up; Iíll just pay out with cash.* The problem Iím having is, Iíve seen fenders for sale but nobody makes it clear if it includes that circular trim piece that the side marker light is on.
Is this included as part of a fender when you buy one, or is it part of the marker light assembly?** I canít imagine that this would all be one piece, because if they painted it, they could only sell it to people who have that color.* Iíve never heard of a turn signal/marker light being sold as a primered part made to be painted eitherÖ?...
So does anyone know what this trim piece and/or light assembly is called?* Iíve googled for every term imaginable and have been on so many sites and nobody seems to have a source for it.
Iím worried if I buy a fender itís just going to come with a circular hole in it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Best,
- Rob
Ads by Google
Old 12-15-2010, 11:51 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 E85 Z4
Rob,

Generally when you buy used parts, there is a little more leeway then when you buy new parts. Just ask the person selling the part if the trim is included. If not, ask them how much more for the part. Most of the time salvage yards keep the parts on the origional car and take them off after you purchase them. This gives you the freedom to ask for the bolts, clips or in your case the trim piece.

If I were you, I'd find someone with the right color fender and ask them how much it would be to buy the whole thing including the light. This will make sure you get all the parts you need, and it will keep them from having to spend another 10 minutes taking the light out. It is a win win.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:41 PM
KenTenn

Mein Auto: '06 M Roadster
Here is the p/n & list price. This is for a 2006 Z4M - I'm assuming the same part is used on both cars. http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...59&hg=63&fg=10

'06 Z4M Roadster
'03 Z4 3.0L Roadster (Sold)
'00 Z3 2.3L Roadster (Sold)
www.woodenmachinistchest.com