Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E38 (1995 - 2001)

7 Series - E38 (1995 - 2001)

Old 12-19-2010, 09:36 AM

Mein Auto: 530i
Question Passenger wheel bent in and rubbing wheels well

i hit a curb doing maybe 25-30 mph in the rain .. now my passenger wheel is pushed all the way back and rubs in the wheel well

was wonder what might be the parts i might need to get
and what to look for when inspecting it ..

1996 740i ... most likely suspension parts will be bent .. what should i look for ?

Last edited by savo12; 12-19-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Ads by Google
Old 12-19-2010, 11:03 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 97 740iL
Stop driving that car immediately until you find out what the problem is! One or more of the suspension pieces are either bent, or broken, and it is possible that the wheel could turn in any direction while driving, causing a major safety issue.

I was an auto mechanic for a few years and I've seen lots of cars come into a shop with loose wheel hubs that could be turned in any direction by hand, because of loose or broken suspension pieces. If this was my car, I would lift it in the air and check to see what parts were bent/broken and replace them before I thought of driving it again. If I was uncomfortable with doing this, I would either get the car towed, or drive very very slowly on the right lane to get the car to a shop that could fix the issues.

It would be very hard to guess over the internet as to what parts could be broken since it depends on where and how the tire was hit.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:44 PM

Mein Auto: 530i
i bent the arm that goes under the strut assmbly..

i juss jacked it up and every thing looks good beside that

..thanx 4 the help