Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 12-05-2010, 08:52 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 550i on order
Old 12-05-2010, 08:57 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 550i
If the official fig for the E550 is 5.2, I would doubt a 4.6 test result. Were these guys testing downhill? I just do not think that MB would underestimate by over half a second!
ED on Sep. 28, 2010: 550i Dark Graphite Metallic, Oyster/Black Nappa Leather, Anthracite Wood Trim, Convenience Package, Driver Assistance Package, Premium Package 1 (Std.) & 2, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Dynamic Handling Package, Active Cruise Control, Head-Up Display, Side and Top View Cameras, 4-Zone Automatic Climate Control.

Retired: 2008 528i Space Gray.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:08 PM

Mein Auto: 550i SP, 335i c, MB AMG
Hard to compare between manufacturer's data - but that is where the car mags can come into play as they test usually under same conditions in comparos
Old 12-06-2010, 02:50 AM

Mein Auto: 2015 M6 GC CP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa View Post
What is BMW's figure for the 550i? 5.0? 4.9?
The BMW IS Faster, I drove both and the Beemer is way quicker, mercs are always poor accelerators unless AMG.
The 0-60 for the 550i M Sport is 4.8secs, the 0-100 kg is 5.0secs.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:45 AM

Mein Auto: 03 BMW X5
Am also interested in any follow up comments on the carbon, m-sport combination. I am interesed in ordering this combo. I saw this at at a dealer last week and thought the front and back looked very integrated in person. I was concerned, but brought my wife, who thought the carbon black color was the only one to get, and did not think the fascia or back end looked anything but beautiful and not over the top.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:46 AM

Sorry, posted to wrong thread.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kocsis View Post
Just picked it up tonight...will take pictures later. It's the Carbon Black, which in the garage with fluorescent lights looks dark navy blue. Beautiful color.
The dealer removed the rear and side badges....the rear badge left some lines where the paint seems thinner...can feel the difference. Seems like maybe paint was soft when they glued on badge. Only visible if you look very hard in certain light.
I removed all interior stickers including ugly airbag stickers from visor.
The MSport body style in dark color, with black Nappa leather and anthracite wood looks mean and muscular - very well put together. The Nappa leather is much nicer than the base leather, very comfortable.
Sitting in the car - it's much more luxurious and comfortable than my E39 M5. It's also much bigger. Driving the car feels much bigger, too. Very brawny, feels entirely different than the E39 or E60. But in Sport mode it is pretty enjoyable driving! No problem with the steering. All Seasons clearly impact handling, but so far I'm taking it easy. Engine is a monster, but can feel added weight. I would call this car brawny, like a football player, not athetic like a soccer player (and my old M5) or lithe like a dancer (and my Porsche c4s) You have to accept it for what it is.
Electronics very cool, easy to use iDrive, programmed garage doors, iPhone, Sirius stations, Nav favorites. Cool that you can use the 8 "radio" preset buttons for presetting Nav as well as phone and radio favorites.
Msport steering wheel is beefy and just right. No heated steering wheel on Msport, even though it's spec'd in the Cold Weather Package I bought. Seats excellent. Overall visibility and sense of control very good. I converted ashtray to coin holder - wrapped interior with felt.
A few photos in garage. Color is pretty accurate. Sorry for rambling, will post more details after some long drives tomorrow. Overall first impression better than I feared given some of the concerns on this board and my preference for a sporty, enthusiast's car.
I am looking at the same spec car. If you don't mind a few questions. How many of the "M" badges can be removed and did you remove them? Are you still happy with the Napa? Thanks in advance. The debadged look is sharp.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:33 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 Porsche C4S
I did not remove the "M" badges inside the car....that's pretty impossible. The badge on the wheels is discreet; the same is true of the steering wheel badge. The M badges on the door sill and the dead pedal are pretty bold and I kind of like them. As long as the badges are on the inside, they don't much bother me.... The Napa leather is absolutely wonderful.....very soft, has a great tactile feel which holds you in the seat (not sticky, but also not slippery like some other leathers). Feels like an office chair's fine leather.
E39 M5 (sold)
1996 Porsche C4 (sold)
Old 12-19-2010, 12:39 PM

Any concerns about durability?

Sent from my DROIDX using BimmerApp
Old 12-19-2010, 12:47 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 Porsche C4S
No. Had it in prior cars that I kept for 10+ years.
E39 M5 (sold)
1996 Porsche C4 (sold)
Old 12-19-2010, 12:52 PM

Message deleted. Still getting used to this.

Last edited by bmwarchitect; 12-19-2010 at 03:01 PM. Reason: deleted - repeat message
Old 12-19-2010, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kocsis View Post
No. Had it in prior cars that I kept for 10+ years.
Thanx for the info.